North Montgomery Holiday Duals

swain358

Thornton is isn't about why would anyone lose to a jv guy if your team is in convos for second in the state. But it's funny how when the situation is one way you say warren should just deal with it but if the shoe was on the other foot it's not fair. And it's not five matches even if they had wrestled Perry's jv team. Because nothing counted. It was a jv match at a holiday classic. I made the drive to watch two good teams battle. Perry had the choice of who they wanted to not wrestle. I completely agree it does not benefit them to wrestle warren again. But you act like it would benefit warren to wrestle Perry's jv. When there is zero benefit to warren or its wrestlers. When wrestlers o undefeated and don't get individual awards that's not good.

Thornton is isn't about why would anyone lose to a jv guy if your team is in convos for second in the state. But it's funny how when the situation is one way you say warren should just deal with it but if the shoe was on the other foot it's not fair. And it's not five matches even if they had wrestled Perry's jv team. Because nothing counted. It was a jv match at a holiday classic. I made the drive to watch two good teams battle. Perry had the choice of who they wanted to not wrestle. I completely agree it does not benefit them to wrestle warren again. But you act like it would benefit warren to wrestle Perry's jv. When there is zero benefit to warren or its wrestlers. When wrestlers o undefeated and don't get individual awards that's not good.

At no time did I say that match would benefit Warren. I said it was a unique situation brought on by unique circumstances. Perry had to choose 1 team not not wrestle their varsity against. Having not seen any of the other teams and having seen Warren twice, it was only logical that they skip that match. There was no absolutely fair way to deal with this situation. One team was going to have to wrestle Perry's JV team and it just happened to be the team you support. I am sorry you didn't get to see that match, but has been previously stated, Perry made that choice and there could be other reasons for that choice. One thing I can assure you, it was not out of fear of tough competition, which seems to be the implication that you are making. Again I ask you...what was Perry supposed to do?

As the tournament host, I agree that it's unfortunate for a wrestler to go undefeated but not win an individual award. Historically, and again this year, the tournament was set up to be a two day event with eight teams. In this set up, all teams wrestle each other over the two day period. This year New Palestine dropped out with limited notice and we were unable to find a replacement team. Despite the late drop out, the tournament was still scheduled as a two day event. However, at the request of several coaches, we changed it to a one day tournament to accommodate their wishes. The problem with a seven team, one day dual tournament is that in order for all teams to get at least five matches, one team must wrestle all six rounds. This poses a problem because according to IHSAA rules, individuals are only allowed to wrestle five matches per day. Perry Meridian graciously offered to wrestle all six rounds with their JV wrestling one round. As a result of the last minute change to a one day tournament, the possibility exists for two wrestlers to go undefeated. Perry Meridian chose to wrestle their JV against Warren Central. When two power house teams don't wrestle their varsity against each other, the chances increase of multiple wrestlers in the same weight class going undefeated. Coaches understood that this could happen and were still in favor of the one day tournament. If we had the traditional two day tournament, this situation would not have occurred.

We are exploring the option of making this a 16 team individual tournament for next year.

Individual Champion Results (Some weight classes had multiple undefeated wrestlers)

106 Matt McKinney WC 5-0

113 Jacob Cottey PM 5-0

120 Aiden Kenny PM 5-0  (Deondre Wilson WC 4-0)

126 Brandon James PM 5-0  (NIck Reel WC 4-0)

132 Cody LeCount PM 5-0

138 Nick Bova PM 5-0

145 Shabaka Johns WC 4-0

152 Nick Borta NM 4-1

160 Ben Krege C 5-0

170 Conner Galvin BS 5-0

182 Jake Massengale PM 5-0

195 Clayton Fiddler BS 5-0

220 Max Hernandez WC

285 Georgia Blades 4-0  (Donte Winfield PM 5-0)

Outstanding Wrestler: 170 Conner Galvin BS

I will get the team scores posted sometime tomorrow. Its been a LONG day!

Individual Champion Results (Some weight classes had multiple undefeated wrestlers)

106 Matt McKinney PM 5-0

113 Jacob Cottey PM 5-0

126 Brandon James PM 5-0  (NIck Reel WC 4-0)

132 Cody LeCount PM 5-0

138 Nick Bova PM 5-0

145 Shabaka Johns WC 4-0

152 Nick Borta NM 4-1

160 Ben Krege C 5-0

170 Conner Galvin BS 5-0

220 Max Hernandez WC

Is the 106 suppost to be brett johnson?

106 Matt McKinney WC 5-0

113 Jacob Cottey PM 5-0

126 Brandon James PM 5-0  (NIck Reel WC 4-0)

132 Cody LeCount PM 5-0

138 Nick Bova PM 5-0

145 Shabaka Johns WC 4-0

152 Nick Borta NM 4-1

160 Ben Krege C 5-0

170 Conner Galvin BS 5-0

220 Max Hernandez WC

Interesting.........

Team Results

Round 1

North Montgomery 6  Perry Meridian 72

Portage 16  Warren Central 35

New Haven 13  Bloomington South 54

Round 2

North Montgomery 18  Warren Central 43

Bloomington South 32 Portage 28

Perry Meridian 55  Carmel 10

Round 3

North Montgomery 27  Portage 45

New Haven 34  Carmel 31

Perry Meridan 42  Bloomington South 15

Round 4

North Montgomery 49  Carmel 24

Warren Central 53  New Haven 18

Perry Meridan 69  Portage 0

Round 5

North Montgomery 33  New Haven 39

Bloomington South 50  Carmel 13

Perry Meridian JV 55 Warren Central JV 9

Round 6

Portage 47  Carmel 12

New Haven 0  Perry Meridian 69

Warren Central 28  Bloomington South 26

Team Results

Round 1

North Montgomery 6   Perry Meridian 72

Portage 16   Warren Central 35

New Haven 13  Bloomington South 54

Round 2

North Montgomery 18  Warren Central 43

Bloomington South 32 Portage 28

Perry Meridian 55  Carmel 10

Round 3

North Montgomery 27  Portage 45

New Haven 34   Carmel 31

Perry Meridan 42  Bloomington South 15

Round 4

North Montgomery 49  Carmel 24

Warren Central 53  New Haven 18

Perry Meridan 69  Portage 0

Round 5

North Montgomery 33  New Haven 39

Bloomington South 50  Carmel 13

Perry Meridian JV 55 Warren Central JV 9

Round 6

Portage 47   Carmel 12

New Haven 0  Perry Meridian 69

Warren Central 28  Bloomington South 26

Thanks for taking the time to post all these! 

One thing is clear: After Perry, there are about 10 teams in the state that are very, very evenly matched. 

Warren made its case for #2, but also solidified the fact that there's no clear #2 by basically proving that they're similar to Penn, Franklin, Bloomington South, EMD, etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.