Penn Kingsmen

NICfollower

Had to stop by and see how they were doing today and.... all I saw was complete domination by Penn, nobody could keep up with their conditioning on the mat. They were blowing teams out by 30, 40, 50 points.. Unfortunately I didn't see big Kade Maggart today though

Not really a surprise they wiped the mat with everyone they wrestled, there was zero competition for them at this meet. Too many teams from michigan as well, three in total.

I don't see a problem bringing in Michigan teams to see different styles maybe that's why Harper's got his boys on a roll?

Had to stop by and see how they were doing today and.... all I saw was complete domination by Penn, nobody could keep up with their conditioning on the mat. They were blowing teams out by 30, 40, 50 points.. Unfortunately I didn't see big Kade Maggart today though

You must not have seen much....Valpo / Penn was a very good dual.  Valpo won five matches.....FF 138 and was leading halfway through the dual.  Valpo only had one kid pinned and several close ones they lost.....

Penn is an excellent and very tough team but get your facts right before you trash other teams.....

Final score was 36-19 or something close to that.......

You must not have seen much....Valpo / Penn was a very good dual.  Valpo won five matches.....FF 138 and was leading halfway through the dual.  Valpo only had one kid pinned and several close ones they lost.....

Penn is an excellent and very tough team but get your facts right before you trash other teams.....

Final score was 36-19 or something close to that.......

Would a FF matter at 138?  Penns #6 ranked Alex Rinehart has handled everyone hes wrestled this year.

Valpo won five matches and had a close one at 126. I wouldn't necessarily say that is zero competition. Penn looked good, but had to battle in quite a few matches.

From what I saw of the 126 match Penn pulled an upset against Buckley, he gave up backpoints and a close call could have made that a pin.

I'm a Penn fan but don't count Mishawaka out.  It will be a barnburner as usual in their dual meet after the first of the year.

Too early to post potential lineups and predictions to go with them? I've done it in my head... Just wondering where you're getting barnburner.  ;D

Hope it's a good dual. It'll make both teams better if it is.

Mishawaka is out, Penn is in. Bold statement but the rankings and results are there.

mishawaka out? If you look up their lineup you would know they have some wrestlers who are highly ranked. Penn wrestling has really come on in the last few years and have done a great job of building their program but i think you are underestimating the cavemen! Was also there at penn and saw the dual with valpo. alot of  matches could have gone either way. It was a great dual to watch! I believe mishawaka defeated valpo recently as well.

mishawaka out? If you look up their lineup you would know they have some wrestlers who are highly ranked. Penn wrestling has really come on in the last few years and have done a great job of building their program but i think you are underestimating the cavemen! Was also there at penn and saw the dual with valpo. alot of  matches could have gone either way. It was a great dual to watch! I believe mishawaka defeated valpo recently as well.

Mishawaka always has their studs but I'm not sure how deep they are after the incident

It will depend on bonus points . Mishawaka's win over Lakeshore MI looked very impressive at first , but Sat at Penn , Valparaiso beat Lakeshore worse . Heck , Culver Acadamies beat Lakeshore by 20 . This tells me that Lakeshore is way down this year . Then throw in the losses to Portage and Floyd Central , and we don't know alot about Mishawaka . Portage and Floyd are very good teams this year , but I believe Penn would beat both of them . When Penn and Mish do dual , I am looking for a 34-24 type of match in favor of Penn. As far as the JV , if Penn wrestles its true JV against Mish JV , it won't be close .  Time will tell .

I don't see a problem bringing in Michigan teams to see different styles maybe that's why Harper's got his boys on a roll?

He probably ought to invite other  teams with larger enrollments rather than edwardsburg, enrollment 880, niles, 1100 and lakeshore, 1200, if he wants competition for his behemoth of a team.

munoz from warsaw could be the real deal if he took it serious but the kid has too work on top of wrestling so cant put in the time in the off season like he should.  he was lil brooks workout partner for 3 years so the kid has some skills!!

It will depend on bonus points . Mishawaka's win over Lakeshore MI looked very impressive at first , but Sat at Penn , Valparaiso beat Lakeshore worse . Heck , Culver Acadamies beat Lakeshore by 20 . This tells me that Lakeshore is way down this year . Then throw in the losses to Portage and Floyd Central , and we don't know alot about Mishawaka . Portage and Floyd are very good teams this year , but I believe Penn would beat both of them . When Penn and Mish do dual , I am looking for a 34-24 type of match in favor of Penn. As far as the JV , if Penn wrestles its true JV against Mish JV , it won't be close .  Time will tell .

lakeshore had their varsity lineup at mishawaka. coach for lakeshore confirmed most of their lineup was jv at the penn tourney.I think the mish/penn dual will be a fun one to watch with lots of swing matches! I do agree that the final score will be close either way. potential matchups? 

lakeshore had their varsity lineup at mishawaka. coach for lakeshore confirmed most of their lineup was jv at the penn tourney.I think the mish/penn dual will be a fun one to watch with lots of swing matches! I do agree that the final score will be close either way. potential matchups?   

Talked to few Lakeshore parents , they said Lakeshore was missing 2 Varsity wrestlers .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.