SPARTAN CLASSIC

daddio

This tournament is so hard to predict for several reasons...the biggest is the blind draw...another reason is there are a lot of good kids that people never heard of that I am sure will make some noise and surprise some people...and finally you never know if the kids will make the weight or have a skin issue...I can remember a couple of years ago everyone was excited to see Phillips vs Todd and neither wrestled that day...lots of things could happen

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are your predictions and what are you basing them off of?

106- Garrett Pepple

113-Connor Knapp

120- Honestley not sure, Haven't watched much of this weight class but probably Ellis/Lutter.

126- Ben Harvey

132- Zach Krumlauf (People from the new castle semi state are gonna give him a fight though)

138- Hupp/Neal

145- Cody Handley

152- To me that's a toss up with the random draw but being ranked first in the New Castle semi state says something about a guy so probably Corsaro.

160- Austin McCloskey

170- Rose (I'd like to see Lefever win it)

182- Luke Davis

195- Mitch Sliga

220- Brandon Joest

285- Prol/DeMuyt/Bernard Heavyweight is always a toss up

132- Zach Krumlauf (People from the new castle semi state are gonna give him a fight though)

Are you basing this off of the fact that he is a 2 X State Qualifier, 1 X placer, and a returning Connersville Champ.  Or is the fact that the only kid he hasn't pinned or tech ed was ranked 6th at the time and he beat him 7 - 1.  I usually don't  chime in on these things but Zach is always getting under rated.  Hopefully if he wins this again that will prove something once and for all.

Are you basing this off of the fact that he is a 2 X State Qualifier, 1 X placer, and a returning Connersville Champ.   Or is the fact that the only kid he hasn't pinned or tech ed was ranked 6th at the time and he beat him 7 - 1.  I usually don't  chime in on these things but Zach is always getting under rated.  Hopefully if he wins this again that will prove something once and for all.

I guess you feel strongly about your pick  :o

Are you basing this off of the fact that he is a 2 X State Qualifier, 1 X placer, and a returning Connersville Champ.   Or is the fact that the only kid he hasn't pinned or tech ed was ranked 6th at the time and he beat him 7 - 1.  I usually don't  chime in on these things but Zach is always getting under rated.  Hopefully if he wins this again that will prove something once and for all.

I also picked him to win and I based it on the fact that he is a beast on the mat and showed it last year here lol

That and i've seen him wrestle, he's in the same conference as me and he's a solid wrestler.

That and i've seen him wrestle, he's in the same conference as me and he's a solid wrestler.

So have you watched the New Castle wrestlers?  Have you done an honest comparison?  Or are you just throwing that out there for fun.  The East Noble predictions look pretty good to me except for maybe 220.

So have you watched the New Castle wrestlers?  Have you done an honest comparison?  Or are you just throwing that out there for fun.  The East Noble predictions look pretty good to me except for maybe 220.

More for fun, I honestly think Zach will win, but there is still some stiff competition. East Noble has a great team this year, possibly the best they've ever had and statistically I know it's a bit out there, but their 220 pounder has heart and it's not an incredibly long shot for him to take it all.

More for fun, I honestly think Zach will win, but there is still some stiff competition. East Noble has a great team this year, possibly the best they've ever had and statistically I know it's a bit out there, but their 220 pounder has heart and it's not an incredibly long shot for him to take it all.

Are you talking about yourself in the the 3rd person?

106- Garrett Pepple

113-Connor Knapp

120- Honestley not sure, Haven't watched much of this weight class but probably Ellis/Lutter.

126- Ben Harvey

138- Hupp/Neal

145- Cody Handley

152- To me that's a toss up with the random draw but being ranked first in the New Castle semi state says something about a guy so probably Corsaro.

160- Austin McCloskey

182- Luke Davis

195- Mitch Sliga

220- Brandon Joest

Take my word for it ENwrestling2014, 152lbs&285lbs aren't toss ups here, lol ::)

106- Garrett Pepple

113-Connor Knapp

126- Ben Harvey

138- Hupp/Neal

145- Cody Handley

160- Austin McCloskey

182- Luke Davis

195- Mitch Sliga

220- Brandon Joest

Take my word for it ENwrestling2014, 152lbs&285lbs aren't toss ups here, lol ::)

I honestly haven't seen any of the 152 pounders wrestle so whatever you say lol but I'm guessing your taking about Prol for HWT?

I mentioned earlier in this thread that richmonds nate trawick will make some noise at 285. Yesterday he beat both tyler uhls and rob mckee, state ranked at 9 and 10. This beast is only a sophomore. Remember his name. You will be hearing it for a long time

I'm guessing only for about two and a half more years!

you probably haven't seen him play football then...my guess is after the next 2 and a half years of wrestling and football, I'm sure you will still hear the name in college and possibly pros. This kid is for real.

you probably haven't seen him play football then...my guess is after the next 2 and a half years of wrestling and football, I'm sure you will still hear the name in college and possibly pros. This kid is for real.

Do you have any idea what kind of athlete it takes to play at the collegiate level and even more so in the pros? You sure are putting a lot of pressure on this young man

Do you have any idea what kind of athlete it takes to play at the collegiate level and even more so in the pros? You sure are putting a lot of pressure on this young man

oh my gosh, are you freaking kidding me. get over already. for one, yes I do  and two, this young man dont even know I exist so I put no pressure on him. I am a fan. I haveseen that this kid, as a sophomore, has more ability and skill in him than I see in most seniors or college players already. Why are you so against my post of praise for a kid. Did he beat your son or something. some people. wow!

and that , sir, was my 100th post woohoo. maybe at this rate I can reach 200, but I wouldnt want to put that kind of pressure on myself. lmao. Dont worry guy, I have just as much admiration for your joe garland as I do for big nate. real men wear pink socks and shoes. Joe is the man, super nice kid and great wrestler. even have talked with his family before and I can definately see why this kid is a good, humble kid.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that richmonds nate trawick will make some noise at 285. Yesterday he beat both tyler uhls and rob mckee, state ranked at 9 and 10. This beast is only a sophomore. Remember his name. You will be hearing it for a long time

I witnessed Nate's matches Saturday. He did wrestle well, however in the semi-final match vs McKee, Nate was (IMO) very fortunate to win that match. The final OT ride-out McKee got away and the ref blew the call. Bad calls are  part of the sport and they go around both ways in many matches. Nate wrestled great in the finals and earned the title. He took advantage of his opportunity in front of him and CONGRATS  to him. BTW I was pulling for him in the match vs Mckee because of the close scores between Columbus East and Connersville  ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.