SPARTAN CLASSIC

daddio

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bigbmark u follow richm. wrestling seen u before too.

Yes I do and I follow your son. I cheer for him and alot of locals from richmond, centerville, union county, rushville, union city, winchester, hagerstown, tri, and more...love the sport snd these kids put in tons of work

***Understood that all want to know the status of the wrestlers, but please remember the WRESTLERS read these post & most importantly a lot more mature about the situation at hand.*** I agree totally that Connersville is the host although do you also understand that they are focusing on running the event as smoothly as possible for the WRESTLERS & there families & friends.  I worked today as well & had two wrestlers in the event & didn't learn anything until my wrestlers sent me the text message.  I can tell you this much FANMAN I will work on the issue at hand which is BRACKETS being posted the day of the event & each rounds results going forward in the future, I can't promise you that this will happen but I can try.  Give me a fax number & I'll fax the brackets & someone can place them up on this site for all to see.  Let's all just be thankful we are able to communicate with someone instead of being so hasty over CONNERSVILLE done this or CONNERSVILLE done that.  Just so you all know there was an IHSSA HEAD GUY @ the event today along with 31 other schools & many many parents/friends of the wrestlers.  Show the wrestlers & the schools the respect they deserve & be an adult about the issue.  Email your concerns to Brett Duncan who is the Athletic Director for the Spartans & hash it out with him instead of this website & I am almost positive that I told you or someone on this site last year the same thing except the Athletic Director has changed this year.  The weather wasn't nor is currently the best here in Connersville (we are supposed to receive 2-4 inches of snow tonight).  A lot of wrestlers/parents/friends not only have to worry about making weight/competition but now there lives as the WEATHER is bad.  Thank your lucky stars FANMAN & just remember that Jerry has an email & so does anyone else you have issues with.  Please respect the WRESTLER they are CHILDREN no matter how you look at it & they are respectful enough not to post negative when they are pinned or pin a wrestler in so many seconds.  As a parent of wrestlers I just find it your comment very RUDE & if were supporting Bobby Frasur that is great but why bash his hometown school & saying you watch the wrestlers from around the counties that is great as well but be respectful as if you had a wrestler you sure wouldn't want there name nor school being bashed now would you.  Thanks for ready & really fax number & I'll send you the brackets between 845-915am tomorrow 12/29/12.  God bless & best wishes to the 10 SPARTAN WRESTLERS & 2 Richmond Wrestlers that I know of (138 & 285) & Centerville (145 I believe) had one wrestler advance tomorrow.  God bless & please be respectful & be safe in your travels.

I root for UC, and if they aren't in a match, then all the local schools, Centerville, Richmond, Northeastern, and even Connersville and ect.  I have no kid on any team, I simply like wrestling.  I go to as many events as possible, and when I can't attend, I use this site, trackwrestling and whatever else I can to keep up with all levels of it.  I watch a ton of videos on youtube, flowrestling, and wherever, simply to just watch good wrestling.  It is the Connersville Spartan Classic, not the 31 other teams to take care of.  Seriously, asst coach, how hard is it to update an keep others interested in it by posting some brackets, results an the such.  Some can't make it and look forward to all the info they can get, and have no direct connection with any coach, including the one of the school they generally root for.  The past few years, I've had family ( cousins kid ), wrestling in this event, ON YOUR TEAM, which I tried to keep up with.  It's crazy I know, people can cheer for anyone from anywhere because of the sport.  Think what you want of me, however, anyone who would like results and are unable to attend, should have a place to be able to get them.  Maybe you have forgotten that since your at the meet, however, there are people who can't attend everything and still would like info.  

Oh yeah, Frasur, just so you know.

I noted several written changes to the brackets, which often happens at the coaches' meeting due to missed weights, illness, etc.  However, if the changes were accurate, the one thing that concerns me about the brackets (both original and changed) is that a few weight classes had forfeits extending into the second round of consolations.  This, while others in the weight class are out after the first round of consolations.  I would hope that every effort is made to ensure that an actual wrestler extends farther in a tournament than a forfeit.  A blind draw is one thing that makes the Spartan Classic unique, but this simple surety could enhance this format, in my opinion.

Connersville hosting the Spartan Classic isn't a new thing, I have attended alot of them, since the late 80's.  There shouldn't be any more learning on what is working an what isn't as far as how it's ran.  Obviously they prefer the " blind draw ", but, not moving forward in there thinking over the past 10 years by using the computer an being able to show results, semi updated, like every round or other round is insane.  I haven't bashed any wrestler from anywhere.  Nor did I say anything about Jerry, I do however have an opinion about the Classic an will say it if I feel needed.  I had emailed the previous AD about all of this, that is where I got the info from about, not worrying about those who can't attend because they didn't get any compensation for it, paid attendance.  Yeah, I remember you also from last year, quoting people they should just attend the event if they want the results, pretty much the same answer from the AD then.  Good luck to everyone still in it, hope the roads are passable for those with drives this morning.

Our Tournament directors for the ECIC use www.thewrestlingtourney.com.  It is similar to track wrestling as it keeps brackets updated and team scores updated.  Easy to use and if Connersville is using computers this takes no more time to use.  Just a suggestion.

coachi123:

Obviously, you, your program, and your tournament are greatly respected and any over-the-top personal attacks are completely unwarranted here. 

With that said, unfortunately, we've just been past the tipping point with technology for a couple years now to where NOT using technology to keep the outside world updated about such a significant tournament almost seems like a conscious choice because of all the easy options available.  (Sensible people know it's not a conscious choice...but this is where all the venom is coming from.) 

my predictions: (not finals match ups due to blind draw but the 2nd wrestler I feel will place 2nd or 3rd depending on draw).

106   Garrett Pepple - Demonte Dawkins

113   Connor Knapp - Nick Ellis

120   Vance Ellis - Vinny Pavan

126   Tom Gettinger - Ben Harvey

132   Zach Krumlauf - Barry McGinley

138   Tyler Hupp - Mack Neal

145   Cody Handley - Collin Campbell

152   Josh Farrell - Cody Steele

160   Austin McCloskey - Caleb Day

170   Riley Lefever - Austin Rose

182   Luke Davis - Bryce Robinson

195   Mitch Sliga - Jacob Ricks

220   Trevon Williams - Dylan Faulkenberg

Hwt   Wesley Bernard - Nate Trawick

look how awesome I was with my picks.....just patting myself on the back lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.