SPARTAN CLASSIC

daddio

I witnessed Nate's matches Saturday. He did wrestle well, however in the semi-final match vs McKee, Nate was (IMO) very fortunate to win that match. The final OT ride-out McKee got away and the ref blew the call. Bad calls are  part of the sport and they go around both ways in many matches. Nate wrestled great in the finals and earned the title. He took advantage of his opportunity in front of him and CONGRATS  to him. BTW I was pulling for him in the match vs Mckee because of the close scores between Columbus East and Connersville  ;)

the call was legit mcKee was standing out of bounds therefore no escape

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my gosh, are you freaking kidding me. get over already. for one, yes I do  and two, this young man dont even know I exist so I put no pressure on him. I am a fan. I haveseen that this kid, as a sophomore, has more ability and skill in him than I see in most seniors or college players already. Why are you so against my post of praise for a kid. Did he beat your son or something. some people. wow!

I don't have anything against Trawick...he is a great athlete, but he is still young...lots of things can happen between now and graduation...just because he doesn't know who you are, do you think high school wrestlers never get on here and read this stuff?

I don't have anything against Trawick...he is a great athlete, but he is still young...lots of things can happen between now and graduation...just because he doesn't know who you are, do you think high school wrestlers never get on here and read this stuff?

according to you then, you cant express that any athlete has what it might take to actually make it? so you cant tell a kid that "yes, you can be anything you want to be"? come on man. get real.

according to you then, you cant express that any athlete has what it might take to actually make it? so you cant tell a kid that "yes, you can be anything you want to be"? come on man. get real.

Sure you can...but I'm realistic..I'm not going to tell a kid he is gonna be a State Champ when he will be lucky to get out of sectionals..set you goals high but make sure it is attainable

Sure you can...but I'm realistic..I'm not going to tell a kid he is gonna be a State Champ when he will be lucky to get out of sectionals..set you goals high but make sure it is attainable

...and I am glad they get on here a read by the way because I always speak  good of these guys. There is something called "confidence" that is gained when someone else believes in you. Alot of matches are lost at this level due to lack of confidence. If I can help build that for someone then I will. You dont have to. You can sit there and say, they are young and things can happen between now and then. Thats your choice. I can tell you that I was one of many that told cody phillips when he was just beginning in elementary that he can do whatever he wants and the sky was the limit...i dont think me saying anything hurt his growth being a 2 time state champ, 4 time conference and sectional champ and current minnesota wrestler. There have been many more of those too. so im going to keep doing what im doing as I think I just proved my point.

My predictions:

106- Dawkins

113- Ellis

120- Ellis

126- Harvey

132- Krumlauf

138- Neal

145- Toss up

152- Corsaro

160- McCloskey

170- Lefever

182- Linnear

195- Sliga

220- Toss up

285- Bernard

Come on Iowa.  You wouldn't be a homer if you pick Garrett and Knapp at 106 and 113.  If I was a betting man they would be my pics.

I can tell you that I was one of many that told cody phillips when he was just beginning in elementary that he can do whatever he wants and the sky was the limit...i dont think me saying anything hurt his growth being a 2 time state champ, 4 time conference and sectional champ and current minnesota wrestler.

Yes because you are the reason Cody is where he is today...congratulations

I honestly haven't seen any of the 152 pounders wrestle so whatever you say lol but I'm guessing your taking about Prol for HWT?

I am saying saying Corsaro wins at 152lbs & Bernard at 285lbs, and would consider both heavy favorites and not toss ups as ENwrestling put it. I would not be surprised to see Tarwick 285lbs in the finals against Bernard if he is on the other side of the bracket, Wes was impressed with him last year. Good luck to all of these wrestlers at the Spartan Classic.

You might wanta throw Austin Fuller from Union County in there at 132.

i did in my post of guys to watch for in this but 132 is so freaking stacked. Evan Smiley, Zeke Gomez, Zachary Krumlauf (won last year here), Jordan Lile (already beat him this year), Sam Locke, Barry McGinley and now it looks like Tyler Hupp is wrestling 132 now too. Fuller is solid and is someone that cannot be overlooked but wow what a stacked weight class. Whoever wins this one will earn it the hard way.

i did in my post of guys to watch for in this but 132 is so freaking stacked. Evan Smiley, Zeke Gomez, Zachary Krumlauf (won last year here), Jordan Lile (already beat him this year), Sam Locke, Barry McGinley and now it looks like Tyler Hupp is wrestling 132 now too. Fuller is solid and is someone that cannot be overlooked but wow what a stacked weight class. Whoever wins this one will earn it the hard way.

Oh well yeah i forgot lol but still a very stacked weight class  ::)

Can't see how you have Corsaro as a "heavy favorite" over a 3-time state place winner.  Ferrell will not be an easy win if they should meet in the championships.

I am saying saying Corsaro wins at 152lbs & Bernard at 285lbs, and would consider both heavy favorites and not toss ups

Can't see how you have Corsaro as a "heavy favorite" over a 3-time state place winner.  Ferrell will not be an easy win if they should meet in the championships.

as well as Cody Steele, state ranked #10, and wrestling in his home gym.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.