State Championships need full wrestlebacks

Devils27

So happy i have a reason to use this

fastest%20deal%20with%20it.gif

carry on back to the topic at hand not why I am apprently a terrible horriple person

No offense Fabio but is this you in this video?  If so, are your pants falling down or do you have a case of the crabs?  Just to let you know also, I am a Brownsburg wrestling fan as well and have been for several years before you fire off at me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 119 weight class was loaded, my son Justin Kieffer knew the draw on Friday night was going to be rough. Eathan Raley was a returning State Champ, with only one lose in his hs career. He got Raley on Friday night. The situation at hand was beat him on Friday night and move on, or lose and go home. That was great, what pressure. Those opportunitys are rare in life, not just with wrestling, but in just general life situations. I can tell you with all respect given to Eathen, ( at the end of Raley hs career, 2x state champ, 1x State Runner-up) to Justin it was a State championship match. My point being, I really enjoy the system in place, some view it as a bad draw, some view it as an opportunity.

No offense Fabio but is this you in this video?  If so, are your pants falling down or do you have a case of the crabs?  Just to let you know also, I am a Brownsburg wrestling fan as well and have been for several years before you fire off at me.

Ha...not him.  Just as smooth as that dude, but a slight, slight bit shorter.

2009 119 weight class was loaded, my son Justin Kieffer knew the draw on Friday night was going to be rough. Eathan Raley was a returning State Champ, with only one lose in his hs career. He got Raley on Friday night. The situation at hand was beat him on Friday night and move on, or lose and go home. That was great, what pressure. Those opportunitys are rare in life, not just with wrestling, but in just general life situations. I can tell you with all respect given to Eathen, ( at the end of Raley hs career, 2x state champ, 1x State Runner-up) to Justin it was a State championship match. My point being, I really enjoy the system in place, some view it as a bad draw, some view it as an opportunity.

The fact that Raley didn't get a chance to wrestle further in that tournament was a travesty (especially considering what a talented wrestler he was).  I'm pretty sure you would have a different opinion had the outcome been reversed.  Indiana should do state wrestlebacks like Illinois, as long as the guy you lost to keeps winning, you keep moving along thru the wrestlebacks.  Every show down at state is a big deal,heck, every match at state is a big deal, period.  I don't believe the Indiana system has more excitement than any other state's system.  We're a one class system, I think that's enough excitement right there, the fact that the guy who wins a weight class is the baddest dude in the state, no questions asked.  The least the IHSAA could do is get the 3rd thru 8th placers right and it's really not that hard to do.  How many times have we seen the guy who gets 5th place be able to manhandle the 3rd placer?  Happens all the time because that 5th placer came out as a runnerup of the SS of a stud and had the misfortune of feeding into another stud SS champ but because he loses in the quarter finals he has no shot of finishing any higher than 5th. Pure BS in IMO.

I like how it is you earn what you get. i love every friday night match makes it waaaay more interesting just like one of the posts above some guys who get there have to wrestle returning state champs and the guy who dont care and want to wrestle that match have just as much opportunity to win as anyone else. hahah my freshman year i had to wrestle a returing state champion and has gone down as one of my most favorite matches I got the upper hand on Jon Lllyod but was an exciting match i think the score was something like 24-17 alot of FUN  ;D

Very well stated!Great match as well

I like how it is you earn what you get. i love every friday night match makes it waaaay more interesting just like one of the posts above some guys who get there have to wrestle returning state champs and the guy who dont care and want to wrestle that match have just as much opportunity to win as anyone else. hahah my freshman year i had to wrestle a returing state champion and has gone down as one of my most favorite matches I got the upper hand on Jon Lllyod but was an exciting match i think the score was something like 24-17 alot of FUN  ;D

That was an awsome match as well Friday night matches are some of the most exciting  next best to  the matches under the lights.

I defintiely agree with the arguement that an individua based team state championship is not an accurate portrayal of who is the team in the state. I think of the Hobart team that placed 3rd in the then "Coaches Trophy" award. There was 1 champ, 2 runnerups and a fifth place. In the team format, however, they were embarrassed by Merrillville in the regional round. Is that much of a variance acceptable to the IHSAA? Is it fair to the kids that are competing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.