Brooks at 120?

Campbell, Petrov, and Todd would all give him a great match but I think he'd pull out wins over all of them. He was on fire this year. His closest match was 7-1 in the semi-finals of state.

Not to down Brooks I think he's one of the best in the country but he is still a senior wrestling mostly freshmen and sophmores. I say he would have placed 3rd behind Todd and Petrov. JUST MY OPINION!

Not to down Brooks I think he's one of the best in the country but he is still a senior wrestling mostly freshmen and sophmores. I say he would have placed 3rd behind Todd and Petrov. JUST MY OPINION!

It's very possible Todd and/or Petrov could have beaten him. I think it comes down to who is having the best day when it comes to these 3.

I think he would have gotten 4th i mean he did lose to todd in the championship last year right? and i think that the top three at 120 would look just as dominate at 113 or even more dominate

If you're going to assume that those wrestlers would be as dominant at 113, assume, too, that they would be a little bit weaker than they are now at 120. And just because Brooks lost to Todd last year in the finals doesn't exactly mean that he'd take another loss this year. I agree with Caleb that it would all come down to who is having the better day.

If you're going to assume that those wrestlers would be as dominant at 113, assume, too, that they would be a little bit weaker than they are now at 120. And just because Brooks lost to Todd last year in the finals doesn't exactly mean that he'd take another loss this year. I agree with Caleb that it would all come down to who is having the better day.

By this logic, that would mean Brooks isn't cutting much to get 113.  That means that guys who are cutting at all to make 120, are physically larger than he is.  This gives them the kind of advantage that you are neutralizing in the scenario where they cut to 113.  So if they wrestled an exhibition weighing what they weighed at the state meet, the advantage would be to the 120s.

The only reason Todd didn't win this year is because he had a very bad day of wrestling and Petrov had a great day.  Todd is much better than he showed at the state finals.  Both Petrov and Todd would have beaten Brooks.  But not to take anything away from Brooks, Brooks showed he was the best at his wieghtclass hands down.

Id take brooks in a close one. He was ranked 1 in the nation, all year, had not been touched by anyone,  and has unbelievable offense and some great turns on top. He did win the super 32 i would love to see a petrov vs brooks match. With how he was wrestling that day plus brooks explosiveness and offense, it would make for a great match

Id take brooks in a close one. He was ranked 1 in the nation, all year, had not been touched by anyone,  and has unbelievable offense and some great turns on top. He did win the super 32 i would love to see a petrov vs brooks match. With how he was wrestling that day plus brooks explosiveness and offense, it would make for a great match

the only thing wrong with ur statement is the level of competition at 113 was not half as hard as 120 this year

He should have wrestled 120 this year with all the other studs who plan to wrestle in college, then we wouldn't be having this debate.

Fact is he may have been #1 in the nation at 113 but I rank him 3rd maybe 4th at best at 120 in Indiana.

He should have wrestled 120 this year with all the other studs who plan to wrestle in college, then we wouldn't be having this debate.

Fact is he may have been #1 in the nation at 113 but I rank him 3rd maybe 4th at best at 120 in Indiana.

You don't know what the heck you're talking about. I wish they would ban you already.

You don't know what the heck you're talking about. I wish they would ban you already.

I feel weird quoting a guy who has as many negative cool points as he does quotes, but I agree completely.

3rd or 4th?  He finished 2nd last year in arguably a tougher weight class.  (Todd, Petrov, and Phillips)

Lil B will be wrestling the world team trials at 110. Here soon and won't have a problem making weight jarred will be redshirting next season and justin will be at 125 at Tech so that allows Jarred too wrestle his weight this off season too make the world team. This is an opportunity too show his skills at the next level. OTC is lookn at bringing him onboard and that would be a dream come true fo Jarred!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.