best state champs of the decade

brickfor6

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool point for you my friend.

Yes was trying to use each wrestler only once.

BTW how about having J. Tsirtiss and A. Tsirtiss back to back in the lineup!!!  Wow

yeah jason as a junior at 140 and alex as a senior at 145. i didn't know you were just using one wrestler at each weight

my fault.

He was a 4 year varsity starter at Purdue...Probably had well over 100 career victories

Good call he had over 100 career wins.  He makes the statement that in wrestling he is better than former Purdue Jon Fitch due to his 100+ career wins. 

I'm friends with both Fitch and Moore, but much better with Nate...however, Nate was much, much better than Fitch at Purdue.  Leaving him off this list doesn't make any sense at all.  He could bump up and beat people on the list. 

I'm friends with both Fitch and Moore, but much better with Nate...however, Nate was much, much better than Fitch at Purdue.  Leaving him off this list doesn't make any sense at all.  He could bump up and beat people on the list. 

Nate Moore grad in 2001-2002 season and I only went back 10 years. No doubt Nate would be on this list if within the last decade.

jake o'brien was a 3x state champ cmon now

And a UFC fighter!  He'd bring the Irish on anyone!  I've not seen anyone at that weight class (215/220) that would come close to Jake (Other than Kaston; and even there I think it's a five point match).  That double leg he had was unstoppable.

Idk how neither of these two wrestlers have been mentioned yet. Brandon Wright four time finalist and Matt Coughlin four time finalist. Seeing some of the names at 52 like McMurray. No way could he even get close to Matt as a senior. Alex, Angel, Maurer, Reece, and Coughlin should all be on the list. In a two year span these 5 wrestlers combined for 19 championship matches. 17 titles.

Idk how neither of these two wrestlers have been mentioned yet. Brandon Wright four time finalist and Matt Coughlin four time finalist. Seeing some of the names at 52 like McMurray. No way could he even get close to Matt as a senior. Alex, Angel, Maurer, Reece, and Coughlin should all be on the list. In a two year span these 5 wrestlers combined for 19 championship matches. 17 titles.

thats crazy because as im reading this thread the exact same 2 names were in my mind both were under the lights all 4 yrs so the must be on this list......

and Coughlin's senior year was the only 1 in finals to win by fall....so i take coughlin over mcmurray every time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.