incoming freshman who should be ranked

ontherise219

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a lot about Coach Red's son  from New Palestine IDK his name though, somebody was saying hes 1 of the top ranked middle schoolers in the nation?

It's Chad Red and he has done well at several national events.  I would guess he will only get better by having practice partners like Tommy Cash around.

It's Chad Red and he has done well at several national events.  I would guess he will only get better by having practice partners like Tommy Cash around.

Is tommy cash a big 106? Any chance of him going up to 113, so both these guys can wrestle varsity? I was hearing the red kid was 2-3 State Championships material, IDK never seen him wrestle, but the people talking about him spoke very highly. I couldn't imagine a wrestler that good, not wrestling varsity as a freshman.

As some have said before, will Brock Morgan indeed be coming back in state for High School?  He is currently in middle school at Apple Valley, MN.  Has done well for himself in the high school events there (MN allows middle school students to compete in their high school events).  If he is returning I think his name should be mentioned on this list of top incoming light weights.

Is tommy cash a big 106? Any chance of him going up to 113, so both these guys can wrestle varsity? I was hearing the red kid was 2-3 State Championships material, IDK never seen him wrestle, but the people talking about him spoke very highly. I couldn't imagine a wrestler that good, not wrestling varsity as a freshman.

Imo Chad Red is a good wrestler. The times that I have seen him wrestle I was impressed.

How many freshmen will be driving to school next year?...As many as this year? There is already a name listed that I hear will be. Oh Well if Blair Acadamy can do it why shouldn't public schools in Indiana do it as well.  ::)

I know that Hughes, Champagne, and Tucker will all be 18 yrs old for the state finals their senior year so to me, that doesn't stand out as a "problem" or a reason for you to be a "hater". It does, however, give rise to "whining". ::)

Wow I lost a cool point for saying that. It ain't about hate and I'm not going to rant and rave on this..it's been done. Most people know who  the kids are that for whatever reason are quite a bit older that were freshmen this year and the same is happening next year. It doesn't matter I'm not going to throw a kid under a bus for what his parents think is an okay reason to hold someone back multiple times..but I don't think it's unreasonable to thumb my nose at it a little because it is ridiculous. I mean like I said it's not a prep school where kids are taking an extra year so they can get into the college they want ie. Blair Academy. So look there are many great freshmen that succeeded this season and it's not fair to speculate who the ones are that are older "freshmen" So long as it's in the IHSAA rules it is ethical right?...At any rate I know there are a ton of good ones in the Region coming up next year. Should be fun to watch them compete...The Torres kid from Portage should do really well next year as well.

it is spelled winning......lpd don't understand why you would get so defensive? I didn't say any of your kids are older..or even imply it...I don't think because my opinion is if a kid is held back a time or two for sport that it makes me a whiner or a hater. I just think that it's too bad that it happens..No need to jump my butt about it. All that I said is that it happens and continues to. I was sitting by a group of folks that were discussing a situation and a couple of them happened to be from a school..I'm not naming names or schools man..Just think the situation sucks..plain and simple.

BlackshirtD:

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion as everyone else.

Gaige is an 8th grader right now.

It's WHINING. Before you correct someone on their spelling, make sure YOU know how to spell yourself.  BTW, the spelling on my post was correct.

Per Merriam-Webster:

whining-- present participle of whine (Verb)

Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.

Complain in a feeble or petulant way.

Unless you really thought I was saying "WINNING"? If that's the case, no harm.  :)

If I had a kid, I would make sure he/she was the oldest in his/her class for a number reasons: academics, social skills, athletics or other extra curricular activities, maturity...name it.  Honestly, I cannot think one negative reason to starting one's kid late, take a year out to home school, repeat a grade in an advanced class, whatever.  It certainly would of benefitied a number of students I had who were immature in 9th grade yet came back for their sophomore years much stronger in all areas of their lives.  

I am open to opposing thoughts and would love to hear the negatives of starting one's son/daughter a year later than others.

BlackshirtD:

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion as everyone else.

Gaige is an 8th grader right now.

It's WHINING. Before you correct someone on their spelling, make sure YOU know how to spell yourself.  BTW, the spelling on my post was correct.

Per Merriam-Webster:

whining-- present participle of whine (Verb)

Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.

Complain in a feeble or petulant way.

Unless you really thought I was saying "WINNING"? If that's the case, no harm.  :)

No man I was just teasing about the winning part...I guess it's the the Chuck Sheen in me...BTW I'm a big fan of Lowell..have been since Bobby and Marcus days...and KK was the man coaching..so please don't take it that I'm taking a shot at Lowell..nothing but respect sir.

MattS I agree with you about starting the child...I was the baby of my class so maturity in the class room and on the field was something that I just had to work harder  to overcome...My son is and August Birthday so I'm glad when he starts he will be on the older side not the younger...It's all about the reason you hold a kid back I think..and when..but look not every shoe fits everyone. Some kids can handle  things better than others. Scottie Sopko is a kid that is young enough still to bew in 8th grade so thats a reason how good he is amazing to me. I am a firm believer of giving your child the best chance to succeed..but I also believe in teaching the right way to do things...thats all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.