MICIC VS. Boston

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everybody assuming micic has improved and boston has not?  Micic won a cadet title and boston was runner up at an all class flonationals.  It appears they both had a good offseason and have had great years this year.

have you seen micic this year? If not youll understand soon why people are picking micic.

Yes i have and ive seen boston too.

Then you should understand. No body once said micic improved but boston did not. Last year micic gave boston a great match.micic has been on a tear and with him not being undersized, people feel he will ein.

jlaw1981,

Just make sure you know what I said regarding "majoring" someone. Go back and read my post...I never said anything about the "3" majoring each other, I said the "3" were a Major better than the rest of the field. I stand by my claim, Cash, Micic, and Boston have the state/national accolades and the others do not. Can these 3 be beaten? Sure, but IMO, they are CLEARLY the head of the pack.

I hope the others in the field prove me wrong, it makes for a better state finals.

jlaw1981,

Just make sure you know what I said regarding "majoring" someone. Go back and read my post...I never said anything about the "3" majoring each other, I said the "3" were a Major better than the rest of the field. I stand by my claim, Cash, Micic, and Boston have the state/national accolades and the others do not. Can these 3 be beaten? Sure, but IMO, they are CLEARLY the head of the pack.

I hope the others in the field prove me wrong, it makes for a better state finals.

No, I understood and agree with your post. My post was directed at the ones who are sure one of the 3 were so far ahead of the other 2.

No, I understood and agree with your post. My post was directed at the ones who are sure one of the 3 were so far ahead of the other 2.

I believe Micic TF Peek at regionals. I'm going to go out on limb and say Micic at least majors everyone he wrestles.

Only 1 person "bidfarewell" predicted that Micic will major everyone in the field on this thread.

All these Boston fans... If you guys don't remember Boston wanted to leave Indiana and go to high school in Ohio so he could face better competition cause he felt like he couldn't be Challenged in INDIANA but last week a F-R-E-S-H-M-A-N in Tommy Cash gave him all he could handle and took him to the wire and Boston Esacaped a near loss with a 1-0 victory

He won't be so lucky come saturday as he will face an EVEN bigger Challenge in STEVAN MICIC from Hanover Central.... This will be an exciting match to say the least.. Micic Didn't even break a sweat on Saturday.. Literally, he didn't..

So much for not being Challenged.  :-X

Did he win? Doesn't matter if he wins by 1 or 15 a win is a win.

There is big difference in being challenged once or twice the WHOLE season in Indiana and being challenged 5 or 10 times a season at a school like St. Paris Graham which wrestles a national schedule that is brutal. I think Nathan wants to get better as a wrestler and prepare himself for the rigors of D1. Which situation prepares him better? Lawrence North, where you face Tommy Cash and Stevan Micic OR face the best the country has to offer in National tournaments and duals with Blair Academy and other national powerhouses?

It's a no brainer. Cash and Micic are awesome wrestlers but lets be honest, these TWO are the only ones that will give him a challenge at 106lbs.

Boston has a tough 1st round Match-up with D.J. Smith. D.J. put Boston on his back but ended up losing I think 18-11. Who knows D.J. might pull it off in the First round and we never get to see this rematch from last years finals. I wouldn't count him out he's a tough kid.

Only 1 person "bidfarewell" predicted that Micic will major everyone in the field on this thread.

Contrair. I predicted it first.  ;D And I'm stickin to it. I'm sure Boston has worked very hard and improved. And I think either of these two could have had a real nice run at 113#. I've seen Boston this year, and I've seen Micic this year. I've also seen Micic roll with Petrov, and, well.... I'll stick to my prediction.

Contrair. I predicted it first.  ;D And I'm stickin to it. I'm sure Boston has worked very hard and improved. And I think either of these two could have had a real nice run at 113#. I've seen Boston this year, and I've seen Micic this year. I've also seen Micic roll with Petrov, and, well.... I'll stick to my prediction.

I never said it was a bad prediction lol, and by the way your boys looked tough as always on Sunday.   I'll predict this.... that it is going to be a fun tournament to watch as it is every year, in my opinion it's without a doubt the greatest show in high school sport.  Good luck to all involved!

Cash is really, really hard to score on. He's always in very good position. I know not everyone, but it seems a lot of people are counting him out. I wouldn't just assume it will be Micic vs Boston. Micic vs Cash will be a war first! Excited to see it!

Did he win? Doesn't matter if he wins by 1 or 15 a win is a win.

The post you replied too didn't say anthing about boston winning?? It stated that boston was thinking of wrestling elsewhere because he could not be challenged in Indiana & could face better competition elsewhere

Now u.say a win is a win that is true, BUT a win by 15 is unchallenged, a win by 1 is definitely being.challenged

Cash is really, really hard to score on. He's always in very good position. I know not everyone, but it seems a lot of people are counting him out. I wouldn't just assume it will be Micic vs Boston. Micic vs Cash will be a war first! Excited to see it!

Micic wins by 3+

I will probably be criticized for this and if I am wrong, let me have it (on Sunday)...but here goes:

There are 3 wrestlers who are CLEARLY above the field. Boston, Micic, and Cash.

Sorry that I have to burst the bubbles of you folks but that's my opinion.

The "others" will be majored by any of these 3 wrestlers.

It's been like this all season long...if any of you have known the backgrounds and performances of these 3 wrestlers compared to the rest of the field, you would know...this is a 3 horse race! The sad thing is, one of them will only get 5th because of the ridiculous IHSAA wrestleback to 5th when you lose on Saturday morning. So, in essence, there will be 2 other wrestlers above either Micic or Cash (who wrestle on Sat morning) in the 3rd and 4th spot.  A real shame.

That's my take and again, if I am wrong, let me have it come Saturday night or Sunday morning. Anything can happen in wrestling and I could be wrong but I doubt it.

I don't have a dog in this fight but you should check your facts. Whitten wrestled both cash and boston this season and wasn't majored by either of them at any time.

I don't have a dog in this fight but you should check your facts. Whitten wrestled both cash and boston this season and wasn't majored by either of them at any time.

Doesnt mean he wouldn't at state. Im not saying they major everyone or not but the results of the past really mean nothing. Just because wrestler a only dec wrestler b, doesnt mean he cant major, tech, or pin him, just means he didnt do it them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.