List of schools moving up in class for 2012-13 Team Duals State Championship!

maligned

List of schools moving up for the next 2-season period:

Evansville Mater Dei  (1A up to 3A)

WOW I guess ttipton's brow beating and rants really worked on their hearts and they decided to do the right thing. (Please read with sarcasm detectors on). Now I feel reallyt sorry for those 3a schools who MD will have to wrestle since MD has an unfair disadvantage over these schools.

Uggghhh. I can't beleive MD moved up!! All those years of accepting cheap forfeits and cheating at the JV level was just about to pay off with a truly unprecented run of state titles. With this move, it seems like MD is actually trying to wrestle the best competition possible. Its going to be a lot tougher to win that way!

Sorry for all the sarcasm.

Y2 there is no feather in my hat.  I highly doubt anything I have said on this board has any influence on the EMD program.  If it did in the slightest then I think I would wear that feather proudly.  The new tournament that was started with a grassroots movement on this message board has all the makings of being a better setup then the current state meet.  The new format has classes, wrestlebacks, better venues, and more input from the coaches.  THe only thing left to discuss is the scoring system.  I will be the first to say it looks really nice as far as a scoring system could be, but I would enjoy if a committee could take a look at the results and throw some input in as far as anomolys.  There are some really bad regionals out there that will have inflated results.  I believe they put into place some stipulations with a multiplier for sectionals, but it becomes extremly hard to judge how good a particular regional is.  One thing I could see happening if this becomes a problem is adding more slots for tourney bids based off season results as well as the final scoring.  They currently have 7 teams being picked by tourney results and 1 being picked by committee next season.  If they added an extra committee slot or 2 I think it would assure that at least the top teams were in at all divisions.  I guess I will take a wait and see approach, but it looks like the coaches association is moving in the right direction.  I also want to say congrats to EMD for their decision to move up. 

Y2 I am not sre if you are being sarcastic or jelous either way I see it as fairly flattering.  Maybe we can have a Tipton/Caperno ticket and take the GOP by storm.

ttipton,

Just to clarify, 6 teams (top scoring team in each semi-state and top 2 wildcards) will be determined by the scoring system only, while 2 are determined by committee selection (1 being selected after individual state, and the final team being selected during the season of the event). With 2 teams being selected via coaches' vote, that should take care of most anomalies that you speak of. Also, if there had been an event this year, every team that was a threat for a state title would've been invited. You name them, they would've been there.

Thank you for the clarification.  That was still only one year of data.  Like I said before though I am going to give the invite a shot.  I think it has some serious promise and it looks to have a fairly accurate scoring system.  Also will we be updating the scores throuhgout the week or is this all being done after season?  Just from a fans point of view I think it would be cool to check the results weekly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.