Spartan Classic - Dec 28-29

FC118

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad day for Michael Venezia - pinned by Bottoms (Richmond) and Campbell (Lebanon) and did not place.

And the rest of the story is Venezia was up 5-1 and pinned himself against Bottoms. Yes, bad day.

Cathedral was missing 3 place winners today as well. A hard fought victory for sure, but capable of being a more decisive victory. Congrats to the Irish and all champs. A couple notable duals upcoming for the Irish on 1/11 and 1/18. Should be some battles. Happy New Year, all.

Venezia did not pin himself versus the wrestler from Richmond Bottoms, he was thrown and stuck in the grapevine I was 6 rows from the floor.  :o

Bottoms threw the grapevine at least least twice before but was out of bounds - third time worked.  Later, Venezia looked pretty bad when being pinned by Campbell of Lebanon.  We all have bad days!

AJ you are correct!

Is this the person I contact for not having brackets or not getting information about the tournament out to the wrestling community that could not be at Connersville this weekend?

I was truly being respectful to you & every other individual on this site as I am an adult not a high school student.  As I assumed you proved to be that individual who must be the wise one of the site.  No matter if Connersville had internet two years ago & the brackets was posted, it's apparent that you & many others individual have nothing better to do then bash the SPARTAN CLASSIC.  It's very sad that a wrestler can't get on here without reading something rude & heartful about there school, coach, or better yet one speaking of the town as Connertuky or however one of you decided to spell it, that shows your own education level. 

No, and if I say anymore ty0023 will send me another private message saying I am bashing and being disrespectful of the Connersville Classic.  It however couldn't be all that difficult for them to use the technology available for viewing of the brackets, results, team results for those individuals not able to make the long drive, short drive or whatever, for whatever reasons.  But, like I said, they just got internet last year, maybe they are working the kinks out still.   Great wrestling to come today, to bad the best ones won't all be in the finals.

Amen....thank you for supporting our coaching staff & wrestlers & school.  God bless!!  Good Luck Spartan Wrestlers!!

I cannot believe people get on here and point fingers at one individual for "fixing" a tournament! You really don't know what's up if that's what you think! I can personally guarantee that the assistant coach had absolutely nothing to do with the brackets....and he sat in the coach's meeting along with every other coach as changes were made due to forfeits and no shows....did he manipulate that too? Maybe he and mason Todd are in cahoots! Sounds absolutely ridiculous!

As far as I can remember this tournament has always been questioned on why its not seeded. That's what sets this tourney apart from others. It gives hope to the "little guy or school " to make it through.  It's the tradition of the tournament.

It's too bad that people can't appreciate who dedicates  time to this sport and individuals.  The coach in question passionately dedicates his time...he has to all of his wrestlers for 16 years or so, coaching, reffing. If you pay attention to him and the wrestlers who surround him, he has made a difference in their lives in one way or another.  Ask any of them.  Ask any of the wrestlers who aren't a sparrtan and has worked with him..Ask one of their parents...

Quit pointing fingers....man up and wrestle ...appreciate what this sport teaches our children as they grow into adults.   Enough said....

I was truly being respectful to you & every other individual on this site as I am an adult not a high school student.  As I assumed you proved to be that individual who must be the wise one of the site.  No matter if Connersville had internet two years ago & the brackets was posted, it's apparent that you & many others individual have nothing better to do then bash the SPARTAN CLASSIC.  It's very sad that a wrestler can't get on here without reading something rude & heartful about there school, coach, or better yet one speaking of the town as Connertuky or however one of you decided to spell it, that shows your own education level. 

If you say so, I haven't said anything disrespectful about a wrestler from Connersville or the asst coach, what I said was, " wow, getting dropped to 113, good move for him " and you think that is disrespectful.  The other comment was, " I believe the asst coach of Connersville ( coachi123 ) sent the brackets in the previous year " also, you believed that was disrespectful.  I have relative that wrestles for Connersville also, maybe that is why I wanted to see brackets an get updates, like most anyone else who was unable to attend the event.  The staff who runs it have been talked to about making brackets available an updates available, they aren't concerned about it cause your not there to watch.  This was the first one I've missed in a few years so ease up on just telling people to attend.  Yes, I referred to Connersville as Connertucky, I work with people who live there and do the same, as I do with Liberty, saying Libertucky.  If that upsets you, wow, I am truly sorry in saying it.  The lack of progression of the tournament for the families an fans unable to attend show the lack of respect the staff has in keeping people updated on what is going on.  Like I said, there only concern is for the paying attendees, no one else, which is unfortunate cause, not everyone can make it there to watch. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.