Spartan Classic - Dec 28-29

FC118

Can anyone assoicated with the tourney give a approx time when the quater finals, semi finals & finals should start, please? Also when will brackets be released, and will they be on trackwrestling?

I know the Quarter finals is the first round of day 2 then they do consi to see who places, Semi/Consi, consi to see who goes for 3-6 then placing rounds.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Quarter finals is the first round of day 2 then they do consi to see who places, Semi/Consi, consi to see who goes for 3-6 then placing rounds.

I understand the format of the tourneythanks, but trying to get approx start times specifically of semis & finals please.....

Well, the fix is in. Pretty sad manipulation of the draw. All Connersville kids wrestle freshmen or sophomores first round. They are also primarily away from Cathedral and Roncalli. Meanwhile, 3 first round Roncalli - Cathedral matches including two state finalists at 152. Connersville is definitely damaging the integrity of this tournament. I have talked to a couple coaches that will look elsewhere for a tournament in 2012. Too bad. I like this tournament too. It has only been the last two years this shenanigans has gone on.

Well, the fix is in. Pretty sad manipulation of the draw. All Connersville kids wrestle freshmen or sophomores first round. They are also primarily away from Cathedral and Roncalli. Meanwhile, 3 first round Roncalli - Cathedral matches including two state finalists at 152. Connersville is definitely damaging the integrity of this tournament. I have talked to a couple coaches that will look elsewhere for a tournament in 2012. Too bad. I like this tournament too. It has only been the last two years this shenanigans has gone on.

They pulled this same crap last year, so I guess in their eyes it's ok for this to be a blind draw for everyone except for the Connersville wrestlers, and what's really sad is they will finish no better than 3rd or worse so what's their point? The asst coach I understand is the guy who draws this thing and his integrity was called into question last year by several respected coaches when this happened (Connersville wrestlers having a much easier draw to open the tourney)!!!

It does look as if the seading that was here last year has gone away but connersville has gotten the best draws

Imagine that.... The same happened last year as far as the favorable draw that the Connersville wrestlers started with!!! Several of the coaches last year were not happy because of this...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.