Spartan Classic - Dec 28-29

FC118

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathedral advanced 10 to the quarterfinals tomorrow. Kuhn of Reitz beat Devine of Cathedral at 106 by fall. Van Hook of Reitz beats Haas of Cathedral in the Round of 16 5-1 in a very close match. Haas defeated Hammer of Roncalli 5-1 in the first round. Harvey defeated Rojas of Roncalli by technical fall in Round One. Corsaro was very impressive in a first round pin of Ader.

Looks to be a two horse race now between Cathedral and Reitz. Oh, and Connersville is Top 5 :)  Roncalli will wrestle back well tonight and should be back in it by the semis tomorrow. A great crowd. However, a questionable product.

Here is a thought for every single one of you individuals who want to bash Connersville Spartan Classic & how the draw was done, send Pam Noble an email

Team Schedule

Boys Varsity Wrestling

8/1/2011 to 6/30/2012

Connersville HS

1100 Spartan Dr

Connersville, IN 47331-1099

Pam Noble

School Phone: 765-825-2900

Home Phone:

Fax: 765-827-0238

noble@fayette.k12.in.us.

Last time I checked which was today in person she is still the Athletic Dirctor & makes all the decisions.  Be an adult about this instead of acting like a bunch of HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS.  Go to the source & be civil.  If you can't do that all I must say is quit starting drama.  You have a problem with COACHIE123 then why don't you address him being you know who he is.  It's very had to allow individuals talk trash about indiviuals whom do nothing but have total dedication to this sport.  Know your facts prior speaking.  Can't say anything nice then please do us all a favor and don't speak as you make your school & wrestlers look bad.  Enjoy the matches & live life to the fullest as tomorrow isn't promised.  Good luck wrestlers & great job to all who hav qualified today!! God Bless! Go Spartans!!!

Team Schedule

Boys Varsity Wrestling

8/1/2011 to 6/30/2012

Connersville HS

1100 Spartan Dr

Pam Noble

Home Phone:

noble@fayette.k12.in.us

Why don't you take your complaints to PAM NOBLE instead of being a coward & staying behind the screen.  I assure you that she will email you back as she has a blackberry & all her email goes to her blackberry, I know this as I have emailed her after school hours & on weekends & have received a reply.  Thanks & God Bless.  Be positive as your negativity only rolls down to your child.

IndianaWrestlingGuy

Semi-State Qualifier

Please contact Miss Pam Noble, here is the all the information you will need & hopefully you can clear up some of your accusations of how the Spartan Classic was drawn.

Team Schedule

Boys Varsity Wrestling

8/1/2011 to 6/30/2012

Connersville HS

1100 Spartan Dr

Pam Noble

Home Phone:

noble@fayette.k12.in.us

I cannot believe people get on here and point fingers at one individual for "fixing" a tournament! You really don't know what's up if that's what you think! I can personally guarantee that the assistant coach had absolutely nothing to do with the brackets....and he sat in the coach's meeting along with every other coach as changes were made due to forfeits and no shows....did he manipulate that too? Maybe he and mason Todd are in cahoots! Sounds absolutely ridiculous!

As far as I can remember this tournament has always been questioned on why its not seeded. That's what sets this tourney apart from others. It gives hope to the "little guy or school " to make it through.  It's the tradition of the tournament.

It's too bad that people can't appreciate who dedicates  time to this sport and individuals.  The coach in question passionately dedicates his time...he has to all of his wrestlers for 16 years or so, coaching, reffing. If you pay attention to him and the wrestlers who surround him, he has made a difference in their lives in one way or another.  Ask any of them.  Ask any of the wrestlers who aren't a sparrtan and has worked with him..Ask one of their parents...

Quit pointing fingers....man up and wrestle ...appreciate what this sport teaches our children as they grow into adults.  Enough said....

I appreciate and contribute plenty with the sport. All I know is that since Ingles (sp?) has been on the scene in Connersville, the tournament has been far from what is was over the the 28 years I have been attending. Someone at Connersville please fix the inequities. Lucas Howard and the people that run the show deserve better. If you want some of the top programs there, please don't screw with the draw. I'll be happy to talk to the tourney brass to ensure a pure tournament. I discussed in depth with the top teams' coaches today how disappointed they are with the last two years. Blind draw is one thing unabated. However, blind draw with subjective seeding and match-ups is the death of a good tournament. There are too many other good tournament options this week in the state to be less than forthright with the draws.

In the meantime, good luck to wrestlers tomorrow. Peace.

Are there brackets posted online?

No, and if I say anymore ty0023 will send me another private message saying I am bashing and being disrespectful of the Connersville Classic.  It however couldn't be all that difficult for them to use the technology available for viewing of the brackets, results, team results for those individuals not able to make the long drive, short drive or whatever, for whatever reasons.  But, like I said, they just got internet last year, maybe they are working the kinks out still.   Great wrestling to come today, to bad the best ones won't all be in the finals.

Team Schedule

Boys Varsity Wrestling

8/1/2011 to 6/30/2012

Connersville HS

1100 Spartan Dr

Pam Noble

Home Phone:

noble@fayette.k12.in.us

Why don't you take your complaints to PAM NOBLE instead of being a coward & staying behind the screen.  I assure you that she will email you back as she has a blackberry & all her email goes to her blackberry, I know this as I have emailed her after school hours & on weekends & have received a reply.  Thanks & God Bless.  Be positive as your negativity only rolls down to your child.

Is this the person I contact for not having brackets or not getting information about the tournament out to the wrestling community that could not be at Connersville this weekend?

recent Random updates on Reitz

170 Aaron King (Reitz) pinned Joe Ardizonne (Roncalli)

152 Blake Rueger (Reitz) 8-1 over ? (Roncalli)

120 Blake Johns (Reitz) 0-0 3 ot's over Smiley (Cathedral)

106 Damon Kuhn (Reitz) last second reversal over Connor Knapp (East noble)

132 Trevor Moody (Reitz) pin over ??

126 Vanhook out today with an injury

Reitz still has 7 in the winners bracket - 106, 120, 132, 152, 170, 195, 220

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.