Preseason Genius Ratings!

Y2CJ41

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to spank the 26th ranked team.   :o :o

I know what you meant.  Good matchup.

I've got Garrett favored by a whopping 1.06 points.  Dekalb's barely outside the Top 30 listed here with 11 guys back from last year's #43 team.

We also have one back that was injured for all of last season. 

Ratings-wise, it wouldn't have made much of a difference unless he would have had a better season than Shoemaker since one of your lost seniors was your #14 guy.  In other words, the formula wouldn't show much difference between returning your #5 through #13 guys or returning your #5 through #14 guys.

Not worried about the rankings.  Just glad to have him back.  You guys do a great job.  Not sure where you find the time though.

If you enjoy it, you're patient, and you never watch tv except for a little on the computer--the time adds up.  I researched about a half hour a day for a month between 50+ hours a week of work, plus Master's studies and family life.  I work for myself and I'm on the computer a lot for my work and studies; so I squeeze in literally 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there.  For example right now, I can toggle back and forth between the world series, homework, and refreshing the board.

Just a question.

How did you calculate the number of returning starters? From the Sectional results?

That had to be tough with so many variables- injuries, grades, switching weights for the tournament, etc.

Good for discussion.

Tony Currie

Yes, mostly.  In some cases I knew of certain underclass starters not coming back or seniors being out for sectional.  But, yes, it's mostly from sectional brackets and sectional results.

Did you feel this same way 2 years ago?

I'm sure a lot of people did.  That is what makes sports great.  It will be a big showdown again.  We will have some time to see who progresses and who doesn't before it happens. 

Haha, we have 11 teams....

Garrett

Dekalb

South Side

Wayne

An Ohio team

East Noble

West Noble

Dwenger

Northrop

Norwell

Jay County

Even if DeKalb draws 13 out of 14 #1 seeds were still gonna win just sayin, were underranked, underclassed, and full of heart and were building skyscrapers in upset city this year

You will find out how good Dekalb is on Nov 19th when they meet up with Crown Point at the Warsaw duals.

It's tough to base much off that match unless you're a top 5-10 team. 

As I said earlier, I have Dekalb very near the Top 30.  They're an easy sectional favorite based on what everyone is bringing back--sorry, Caleb, that's not such a bold pick--and they'll have matches other than CP to show if they belong in the top 30 (or 20).  Right now, I have them as 4-point underdogs or less against anyone above them until the top 20.

I agree that DeKalb is very good and underrated. DeKalb returns a lot of good people this year like Krumlauf, Frane, yourself, Brummett, and Mason. I'm picking DeKalb over Prairie Heights at the Westview sectional.

:D Everyones improved and strengthed as a serious fire power this year were winnin one for that bald man we all have come to love over the last 4 years

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.