Hoosier Preseason Open ?'s

NickS

I'm looking to get some guys out for this tournament. I'd like to have some more information on this tournament, outside of what's already being provided on the front page here. For instances...

What kind of turnout is expected?

How many state qualifiers are we looking at showing up, in-state and out-of-state?

How many different states are being represented?

Any answers would be appreciated. Again, I want to get my guys out so we can get some good competition and see where we stand right now. Thanks!

Also, is there a link to last year's results?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of turnout is expected? 150- 180, we had 171 last year.  We have 41 paid so far with about 10 others registered, but not paid.  This is pretty much on par from last year and we have been getting about 5 a day the past few days.  It seems people tend to sign up at the last minute.

How many state qualifiers are we looking at showing up, in-state and out-of-state? I honestly have no clue and do not want to estimate, I know there were a solid number of state qualifiers that did not place in the top 4 in the tournament last year.  I know guys like TJ Ruschell(Kentucky state champ), Anthony McHugh, Austin Smith(Missouri placer), Cody LeCount, Nick Crume, Garth Simpson, Cody Strange, Spencer Wilson(Kansas runner-up) and Laquan Lunford all did not place last year.

How many different states are being represented? Right now there are five states have people entered(Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana).  Last year we had kids from New York, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Wisconsin also so it wouldn't surprise me if a few kids from those states come.

Also, is there a link to last year's results?

http://indianamat.com/brackets/2011/inmatopen.pdf

I also forgot celebrities such as Nick Kraus, Rankings Guy, Karl Hungus and myself are rumored to also be in attendance. 

And me, the Grand Poobah of Pick'ems.....  :)

I will be flying into Garrett International Airport at 8:30 am.  My driver should have me there by 9:00.

Doesn't that double as Uncle Bob's cow pasture during the mornings?  Watch out for Ol' Betsy on the landing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.