125 #17 Jared Mckinley

135 #17 Ethan Raley

140 #1 Jason Tsirtsis

145 #8 Eric Roach

171 #16 Drake Stein

189 #15 Garrett Goldman

189 #19 Aaron Stevenson

189 #20 Mitch Sliga

thanks for posting. Some interesting takes.  Goldman's kid at #15; surprising and a stretch.  Roach #8 at 145 - a big bump.  Interesting in that you have a two time state champ in Ayersman at 119 lbs who has beat Todd, Brooks, and Mckinely (not knocking them) and came back to take #119 defeating previously nationally ranked Campbell this year, yet is ranked lower than all these guys...no respect.

I think Raley getting pinned by Kieffer earlier in the year had a little to do with him dropping down a little post his huge Super 32 win.  I would have though maybe a small bump would would be deserving though following his state win.  I guess we can wait to one of the big national tournaments to see if some big wins there can help him out.

thanks for posting. Some interesting takes.  Goldman's kid at #15; surprising and a stretch.  Roach #8 at 145 - a big bump.  Interesting in that you have a two time state champ in Ayersman at 119 lbs who has beat Todd, Brooks, and Mckinely (not knocking them) and came back to take #119 defeating previously nationally ranked Campbell this year, yet is ranked lower than all these guys...no respect.

Ayersman is a great wrestler, but your information is incorrect about Todd.  Ayersman and Todd have not wrestled each other in a high school match.  The last time they wrestled each other was in 2009 at freestyle state where Todd beat Ayersman.  Agree Ayersman should be ranked higher though, tough wrestler.

Goldman did place at the super 32, i believe, 5th, and he did beat Stevenson, I cant say that's a stretch at all. I do think Ayersman should be ranked higher, but hey, at least he made the list. Philips not making the list is understandable, as he was controlled in his match against Todd, and couldn't do anything against Brooks. Raley should be higher, he won the super 32, and yeah, he lost, but he came back and won state, revenging his loss, he should be a bit higher.

Goldman did place at the super 32, i believe, 8th, and he did beat Stevenson, I cant say that's a stretch at all. I do think Ayersman should be ranked higher, but hey, at least he made the list. Philips not making the list is understandable, as he was controlled in his match against Todd, and couldn't do anything against Brooks. Raley should be higher, he won the super 32, and yeah, he lost, but he came back and won state, revenging his loss, he should be a bit higher.

I think what hurts Ayersman the most is his non-placement at Fargo last year.  That and not much else in terms of national success.  It is hard for rankers to put someone higher when they have very little to go on.

I think what hurts Ayersman the most is his non-placement at Fargo last year.  That and not much else in terms of national success.  It is hard for rankers to put someone higher when they have very little to go on.

Yeah, that is true

He's often been injured for big individual tournaments, but picked up big wins against all-americans and national champs along the way in duals tournaments.  Obviously, Sliga has won multiple national titles and Stevenson handled him, for example.  He was VERY unlucky not to get a title in his career.  His sophomore year his only loss was to one of the top 189s in the country.  His junior year he was hurt.  And his senior year he lost in the championship to a guy he handled the week before.  In addition to all that, he easily handles his state champion teammate at the weight above him.  The Open Mat ranked him as the #7 recruit in the nation at 184 pounds coming into the season.  They said this:

"Notes: Stevenson flies a bit under the radar due to missing a portion of his junior season (including the state tournament). But he's shown a great deal of promise, running an undefeated record to state semi's as a sophomore before settling for a 3rd place finish. Aaron has also won 4 combined Indiana State titles in FS and GR.

At this point, he's more of a natural athlete than a polished wrestler, though he certainly knows what he's doing. He's an aggressive wrestler and physically dominant. The knock on him is he's always injured, as he was, yet again at the USAW Central Regional in a performance that could serve as a microcosm of his career. He soundly defeated this year's NHSCA Sophomore National Champ, James Suvak of St. Ed's, 9-1, 6-2, before defaulting out with injury.

His raw talent and track record alone makes him worth a mention. He's got huge upside. A diligent college coach could do some background work as to the extent and severity of his injuries, and possibly grab a diamond-in-the-rough."

• 2 weeks later...

Raley is the most underrated Indiana wrestler on this list. I can name four kids in front of him I know he has beaten in the last  twelve months.   The Indiana 135 wt.  class this past season was top notch.  The top four kids at that weight class were well over looked.  

After their successes in FloNationals and Senior Nationals there should be some more respect for Hoosier wrestlers in the next rankings. Hopefully we keep getting people to go to the national events instead of staying local. Lots of great tourneys in Ohio to go to as well.

According to  Clinch Gear http://news.theopenmat.com/2011/04/clinch-gear-national-individual-high-school-wrestling-rankings-final-2010-11 new rankings.

Four ranked, or HM, from IN at 112. 

Chad Welch @ #20 in 152

Doug Welch still not listed, even though he recently beat the #8 (now #9) ranked 152 from IL at the IN-IL dual at Wabash College recently, and last weekend lost 4-3 to the #2 ranked 145 from NJ (Doug subsequently went on to place 8th, Injury Default, at Senior Nationals).

Interesting to see Stevenson and Sliga ranked 7 and 8 with our state champ not ranked. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.