Al Smith Brackets

Y2CJ41

If a kid deserves to wrestle under the lights then the kid will wrestle well enough to get there regardless of a seed.

This link has some of the dumbest wrestling logic I have ever read. If you think that a wrestler will not get to the finals because of a seed or matchups, that is an admission that you know the kid is not good enough to beat some of the people along the way. Even the best seeded tournaments rarely come out as predicted.

This happens all of the time at state. Someone wins semi-state and gets to wrestle a stud in the first round of state because someone upset in another semi-state.

Sure some big matches might happen earlier than if the seeds would have been perfect, but the best wrestler will win and move on. That's all that matters.

Dumbest logic, then you missed the jist of the conversation. Things that we do not understand may seem dumb. Duely noted.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of the seeds were a little bad even Berrys 2 is a tough seed because Heskett is tough. I don't think that is a bad seed for Berry but a bad draw for a undefeated Heskett LN but it is what it is the guys who didn't get the draw they wanted just have to go out and make some noise and give the seeded guys a tough draw

I would have to say that since there seems to be only one person that is this upset about the seeds then I'd say they did a pretty nice job.  You can't keep everyone happy and never will in these situations.  I think warrior probably needs to take some of these issues up with the representative that should have been present at the meeting.  From what I hear, there are several teams on a waiting list that are ready to step in if Merrillville feels they have been treated unfairly and would like to bow out.  I'm sure thats not the case...so lets just wrestle and let the kids decide who the best is...thats the only way to know.  Good luck to all...and yes..even those in purple.

I would have to say that since there seems to be only one person that is this upset about the seeds then I'd say they did a pretty nice job.  You can't keep everyone happy and never will in these situations.  I think warrior probably needs to take some of these issues up with the representative that should have been present at the meeting.  From what I hear, there are several teams on a waiting list that are ready to step in if Merrillville feels they have been treated unfairly and would like to bow out.  I'm sure thats not the case...so lets just wrestle and let the kids decide who the best is...thats the only way to know.  Good luck to all...and yes..even those in purple.

I agree, Remember, we want the best teams at these competitions. That is why the Al-Smith is such a great tournamet.

I think some of the seeds were a little bad even Berrys 2 is a tough seed because Heskett is tough. I don't think that is a bad seed for Berry but a bad draw for a undefeated Heskett LN but it is what it is the guys who didn't get the draw they wanted just have to go out and make some noise and give the seeded guys a tough draw

I agree.  I wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of 6 seeds make it to the finals.

I agree, Remember, we want the best teams at these competitions. That is why the Al-Smith is such a great tournamet.

The Al-Smith, is it sponsored by the United Arab Emirates?  Will it be broadcast on Al-Jazeera? ;D

I don't think warrior represents any of the coaches from any school especially merrillville. Like I said before I don't think you will hear any of the coaches complaining. I actually think they got decent seeds. Hard to argue for berry against an undefeated state qualifier the #2 seed is the correct seed. Also the 4 & 5 seeds don't really matter. So I think over all the seeds are pretty good.

like it was said earlier, the main goal is to get the number 1 and number 2 at different ends of the bracket.....i feel a good job was done doing that.....as good as you can do with the circumstances as they are........in some cases, who is 1...and 2...and 3...and so on?.....it's a coin toss in alot of the weight classes....... no different that in any other tournament at any other time of the year.......opinions are just that.....and for this case, that is the way it has to be done.....bottom line is the best guy will be champion because he beat everyone in his path......the others all lost at some point so they don't deserve to be the champ for that day.......everyone else is wrestling for a place in the top 8......and if you don't make it - regardless of the seeding, then you need to work harder and get better.......i think enough has been bitc**d about so lets let the boys all get down to business and see who can get the job done......good luck to everyone.......

Semis ( 1 Seed vs. 5 Seed) & ( 3 Seed vs. 2 Seed)

6 of 8 Seeding in Top 8 Remain

#1 vs #4 & #3 vs. #7

7 of 8

#1 vs. #4 & #3 vs. #2

5 of 8

#1 vs. #4 & #3 vs. #2

6 of 8

#1 vs. #4 & #3 vs. #2

8 of 8

#1 vs. #4 & #3 vs. #7

6 of 8

#1 vs. #5 & #3 vs. #2

7o of 8

NS vs. #5 & #6 vs. #2

6 of 8

#1 vs. #5 & #6 vs. #2

6 of 8

#1 vs. #5 & #3 vs. #2

8 of 8

#1 vs. #4 & NS vs. #2

7 of 8

#1 vs. #4 & #3 vs. #2

7 of 8

#1 vs. #4 & #3 vs. #2

6 of 8

#1 vs. #4 & NS vs. #2

5 of 8

Total number of seeded wrestlers were 112, which 90 of them still remain which means they will place Top 8.  For those of you keeping track at home that is an 80% clip of the way the wrestlers were seeded.  To show some further numbers:

13 of 14 #1 Seeds remain alive in the Semi-Finals ( Only 1 has been put competely out)

12 of 14 #2 Seeds remain alive in the Semi-Finals (1 Completely out)

9 of 14 #3 Seeds in Semis ( 1 Completely Out)

9 of 14 # 4 Seeds in Semis ( 2 Out)

5 of 14 #5 Seeds in Semis (2 Out)

3 of 14 #6 Seeds in Semis (4 out)

2 of 14 #7 Seeds in Semis (5 Out)

0 of 14 # 8 Seeds in Semis (6 Out)

I guess what I am trying to say is nice job coaches, looks like you accomplished what most of us know, let's try and keep the two best wrestlers on opposite sides for some nice Finals matches.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.