IndianaMat.com's Hoosier Preseason Open

Y2CJ41

hoosieropen.jpg

IndianaMat.com presents the Hoosier Preseason Open on September 11, 2010 at Northridge Middle School in Middlebury, Indiana.  The top four in each weight class will qualify for early registration for the Super 32 held on October 30-31.

More details will be ironed out in the next few weeks.  Mark your calendars for this event now!

Here are the details

http://www.indianamat.com/indianamat-coms-hoosier-preseason-open/2010/07/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is that all the wrestlers participating in the tournament that are listed under the registration. if so i really thought there would be alot bigger turnout. still debating on if we r coming down from indy but hoping will be more participants. if u could let me know if this is the full list or post a list of all participants would appreciate it.

There are a lot fewer seniors and state qualifiers than I had expected, are there conflicts that week with other sports, or do coaches not want their kids in it, or some other bizarre reason for not taking advantage of this great opportunity?

No matter the day you pick, you will have people with conflicts.  If we do it on a Sunday, there would be many out of state wrestlers that do not make the trip due to school on Monday.

So True.....you'll never be able to please everyone.  The really cool thing is that there are wrestlers from at least 8 different states that are registered for the tournament.  Hopefully we will get alot of last minute registrations.

is that all the wrestlers participating in the tournament that are listed under the registration. if so i really thought there would be alot bigger turnout. still debating on if we r coming down from indy but hoping will be more participants. if u could let me know if this is the full list or post a list of all participants would appreciate it.

Take a look now, the list is filling up.  It seems people like to wait until the last minute to sign up.

Take a look now, the list is filling up.  It seems people like to wait until the last minute to sign up.

There's a surprise, people waiting until the last minute to do something. maybe waiting to choose a weight until they see who their competition is?

The numbers are great, especially since we were at about 70 a week ago.  There are nine states represented, which is awesome.

The seeding is as much as I could do until weigh-ins are complete, but won't be final until tomorrow night.  I wanted to get some of it done ahead of time, so I had less work to do Friday night.  The official seeding won't be done until everyone weighs in and shows up.  I tried being as impartial as I could be considering most kids did not submit seeding data and it is hard to separate kids based off results from different states.

There are definitely some tough weight classes, especially the lower ones.  I am excited to see some of the matches already! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.