IndianaMat.com's Hoosier Preseason Open

Y2CJ41

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a possible state semi-finals preview Jarred Brooks defeated Cody Lecount 3-2, fending off a takedown for the last 30 seconds.  In the other half of the 115lbs bracket Mason Todd won by major decision over Luke Schroeder.

Nice like to see LeCount make the trip and great job against a upperclassman stud Jared Brooks/And to Mason Todd after a tough couple weeks Great win young man.  Todd pinning Farrell in 44 sec wow

This was an outstanding tournament.  Very well ran and kept moving smoothly through the entire tournament.  There were some very good out of state wrestlers as well as Indiana wrestlers.  I would have liked to have seen more of the top Indiana guys there, but there were alot of faces that will be seen at Conseco in February.

Great job Joe and IndianaMat for putting this tournament together.  In my opinion it was a great success!!!

Thanks for posting the link!

Man looks there was some very exciting matches in this tournament.

115:

Mason Todd defeats Jarrod Brooks 8-2 in the final

133:

Travis Barroquillo defeats Layten Binion 5-3 in the final

143:

Joe Kieffer loses to Dallas Blank of Michigan in the semi-finals 6-5, Blank went onto to win the tournament

163:

Monterail Johnson of Peru defeats BOTH Reece & Connor Lefever on his way to the top of the podium.

Ashton Brierly and Garrett Goldman are two wrestlers that I was impressed with. 

Brierly beat a Fargo All-American from Kansas then a Missouri 3rd placer to make the finals.  He lost to a 3x Ohio placer.

Goldman beat an Ohio and Kentucky state placer on the way to his championship.

Ashton Brierly and Garrett Goldman are two wrestlers that I was impressed with.  

Brierly beat a Fargo All-American from Kansas then a Missouri 3rd placer to make the finals.  He lost to a 3x Ohio placer.

Goldman beat an Ohio and Kentucky state placer on the way to his championship.

Brierly's wins are more impressive knowing he came off of multiple injuries that set him back all of last year as well as part of a previous year.  Glad to see he is back on track and hopefully injury free this season.

Goldman doesn't to things the fancy way but he does make sure he is in position to capitalize on opponents mistakes and thats enough to get the win.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.