Team State next year

I think Crown Point will be a force again with a great chance to win state. They have 3 state medalists returning in Roach, Tsirtsis, and Halsted(who was out due to surgery this past year). To add to the mix they have a state qualifier returning in Flamme. CP is definitely the region favorite for next year with 11 of 14 starters returning not too mention halsted who was out last year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roncalli should be tough again next year. They will bring back at least 9 starters and some of JV kids who I am pretty sure never lost a match this year in JV will fill some holes. Some of those kids would of made most line ups if in different programs.  I think they will be as good if not better.

I agree Roncalli will be in the top 5

Yes, please enlighten us.........

I had only heard a rumor about one state-placer from this year switching to Yorktown.

really...  do you want to enlighten us.......

CP is the favorite IMO

There performance at this years team state was a little decieving, a lot of wind was taken out of there sails when they found out Hawkins and Cope were gonna be out.

There horses are back for the most part, i think they have 2 favorites with roach and tsirtsis and 2 darkhorses with flamme and kral, they  have a few solid freshman incoming, and halsted will be back

Its a long way away, but it looks good for the dogs

CP is the favorite IMO

There performance at this years team state was a little decieving, a lot of wind was taken out of there sails when they found out Hawkins and Cope were gonna be out.

There horses are back for the most part, i think they have 2 favorites with roach and tsirtsis and 2 darkhorses with flamme and kral, they  have a few solid freshman incoming, and halsted will be back

Maybe we will see a rematch of 2009 Team State. Perry vs. CP This will be the best Perry Team in a few years

I figured he would do anything to keep from wrestling a Welch every Saturday   LOL

Ha he actually looks forward to wrestling them just as im sure they looked forward to wrestling him when it was the other way around.  ;D If if the ''R'' word your referring to is Recruiting Mater Dei has no part in that. You guys know its done with good ol family tradition. Castle is starting to turn into that. You see Welches, Manns, Daughtrys, and so on  8)

Ha he actually looks forward to wrestling them just as im sure they looked forward to wrestling him when it was the other way around.  ;D If if the ''R'' word your referring to is Recruiting Mater Dei has no part in that. You guys know its done with good ol family tradition. Castle is starting to turn into that. You see Welches, Manns, Daughtrys, and so on   8)

I didn't mention the "r" word because SOMEONE would jump all over it and say I was accusing Mater Dei of it.  I've been around southern Indiana my entire life and know it's not true.  Mater Dei is one of those places (Jasper is another) we used to fill out football scouting reports on and say that you could take a lineup year after year and just change the first names 'cause of the family tradition.

I didn't mention the "r" word because SOMEONE would jump all over it and say I was accusing Mater Dei of it.  I've been around southern Indiana my entire life and know it's not true.  Mater Dei is one of those places (Jasper is another) we used to fill out football scouting reports on and say that you could take a lineup year after year and just change the first names 'cause of the family tradition.

LOL i wouldn't doubt it. But you did say It would take the heat off MD but I understand your just joking. But castle seems to be popping out kids with the same name everywhere now.  :o

LOL i wouldn't doubt it. But you did say It would take the heat off MD but I understand your just joking. But castle seems to be popping out kids with the same name everywhere now.  :o

I forgot to put the smiley face after my post.  My bad.  I've been in MD's gym on a Sunday afternoon and seen the crowd at their feeder school meets.  No way is there any recruiting going on.

I forgot to put the smiley face after my post.  My bad.  I've been in MD's gym on a Sunday afternoon and seen the crowd at their feeder school meets.  No way is there any recruiting going on.

Thats the key to success man the feeder program  ;)

I would not rule out Penn in this talk either. They were young with 10 starters returning next year. They had a very young JV  team 7-8 frosh on the line-up) that finished the year with 3 losses (1 to Mishawaka by 1pt, 1 to Elk Mem who had 5 varsity guys in their line-up, and 1 to Edwardsburg in a varsity tournament). I hear they have numbers in the 100's at the beginning of the season and eneded with 88 at the end of the year. As well as over 130 youth kids at their club. WOW talk about a program on the rise.

I would not rule out Penn in this talk either. They were young with 10 starters returning next year. They had a very young JV  team 7-8 frosh on the line-up) that finished the year with 3 losses (1 to Mishawaka by 1pt, 1 to Elk Mem who had 5 varsity guys in their line-up, and 1 to Edwardsburg in a varsity tournament). I hear they have numbers in the 100's at the beginning of the season and eneded with 88 at the end of the year. As well as over 130 youth kids at their club. WOW talk about a program on the rise.

hey hey its always nice to hear about a program on the rise!

ive been saying this entire time penn has a great chance of taking off mishawaka. but as someone said in another thread, mishawaka will start off a little rough, but come sectionals i would not be surprised if snyder has a great team and works towards another title. im not predicting mishawaka getting there, im saying just dont be shocked if it happens

Start of next season I see #1 Crown Point #2 Mishawaka#3 Perry Meridian#4 Yorktown #5 Roncalli

that looks pretty solid...wonder how decbell has it now?

but I think we need to wait until the signing period ends before we actually have any ranking...      ;D

I'm a first-time visitor/contributor to this site.

I wrestled and graduated from Indianapolis North Central (INC) in 1969.  My career was less-than-spectacular. 

Next year Grandson Charlie will be a senior at INC, and he's a pretty good wrestler!!

I know this isn't the "right" forum, but I'd like to hear from others about injuries, in particular concussions.

As a sophmore, Charlie got a concussion at Regionals, and finished 4th.  He was pretty "daffy" for quite-a-while, and couldn't wrestle at Semi-State.  We were very worried.

This year he was fine, but we had three other wrestlers who could not continue the year's events because of concussions suffered during "practices".  Their parents were also very worried.

So I'm looking for some thoughts on this subject. 

Maybe Indianamat.com should set-up a special message board for "injuries, their causes and how to prevent injuries"?  If there's one now, please let me know.

Meanwhile, until you beat the State Champ, the Champ is the Champ.

I remember that from the "old" Mohamed Ali (Cassius Clay) days.

Dan

CP is the favorite IMO

What ever happen to Halsted this year? Where was he?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.