Team State next year

pin2win1 must be a kingsmen faithful. he's the only one on this thread with the idea that mish won't make it out of sectionals. everyone else sees them competing at the state finals.  ??? ??? ??? funny thing, huh?

How can Penn not be the sectional favorite next year? Mishawaka has 4 returning guys Penn has 10. Also 2 returning Cavemen got beat by 2 of Penn's returning starters and Penn tied with Portage at giving Mishawaka the closest match this season losing by only 15 points. That was even closer than the state title match if I remember correctly.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Penn not be the sectional favorite next year? Mishawaka has 4 returning guys Penn has 10. Also 2 returning Cavemen got beat by 2 of Penn's returning starters and Penn tied with Portage at giving Mishawaka the closest match this season losing by only 15 points. That was even closer than the state title match if I remember correctly.

I don't think that means a whole lot right now . It will come down to who works harder in the off season . One things for sure , next years dual will be a packed house barnburner .

Its deja vu for me....i can remember after the class of 2003 graduated how mishawaka was going to be down and penn would capitalize...Mishawaka went on to beat penn, win the conference and went to state again...amount of seniors lost means nothing especially with a program known for their quality back ups.

Its deja vu for me....i can remember after the class of 2003 graduated how mishawaka was going to be down and penn would capitalize...Mishawaka went on to beat penn, win the conference and went to state again...amount of seniors lost means nothing especially with a program known for their quality back ups.

good programs always find ways to be consistently good every year. Thats why their good lol. Im sure mishawaka will be good next year just like always. But based on just paper if penn has 10 and Mish has 4 returning, paper wise penn would be the favorite. But thats why we have the off season to improve and get better. On another note, Mater Dei has the potential to be back on top next year  ;D

Dont sleep on Yorktown....  they are going to be solid again next year.... have a couple of outstanding freshmen coming in that will make an immediate impact to go along with Bevans, Phillips, Jackson, Hiestand and Neff. 

Dont sleep on Yorktown....  they are going to be solid again next year.... have a couple of outstanding freshmen coming in that will make an immediate impact to go along with Bevans, Phillips, Jackson, Hiestand and Neff. 

who are the freshmen??

Perry vs. Crown Point in the finals I predict it will come down to one match again like last year. Just my thoughts. I think Mater Dei will be back Roncalli and Yorktown will be right there. Everything has to work out in a team state so we will see. Best of luck to all, I know we will be working our tails off this summer.

who are the freshmen??

Chandler Carroll

Rhett Hiestand

Phillips is going to be a much improved sophomore, he performed very well at folkstyle state.

Yorktown is going to be extremely solid in the lower weights.  Neff will help secure the upper weights. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.