Reasons for a class system for team state

youngone

AJ, also remember that attendence was limited for the state finals before 1990, before then they were at MSA. From 1990 to 1997 they were in the RCA dome. Had they played in the RCA dome before 1990, attendence may have been higher

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already went over this Mishawaka has the same number of athletes as Garrett.  They are just better than us.

Not what i said y2, we have been over this... imagine that, not only does y2 put words into people's mouths, but when they explain their statement to him to show what they meant, he refuses to listen.

If they why did they choose to classify by enrollment, why not alphabetically or by area of the state?  Why aren't the five classes, Northeast Indiana, Northwest Indiana, Indy, Southwest Indiana and Southeast Indiana?

Because when money and politics are involved you cannot say its about money and politics. Since they were classing it it made sence to do it along competitive lines. Can't compare Basketball, this is INDIANA and Basketball is not a sport....it is religion!

We already went over this Mishawaka has the same number of athletes as Garrett.  They are just better than us.

WELL, now that we have that established...... ;D

Yes, I know I'm a sarcastic ass

I just started reading so I don't know everything that has been said, but are they actually saying the individual tournement should be classed?

Yes.  Just like in nearly every other state in the union.  radical.

Location, money, tradition, prestige, cost to attend (actually don't have any clue about that one), athletic scholarships available......how about those for starters?

North Manchester isn't any better or worse than Iowa City

What money?  Both cost to go there, both can get scholarships for academics and/or athletics

Manchester has a fine tradition

What money?  Both cost to go there, both can get scholarships for academics and/or athletics

You can still get as much if not more academic money

Manchester should be closer to Iowa in wrestling.

If there is no crying in baseball...Why in hell is there all this whining in Wrestling?

Good Lord just deal with the fact people wrestle in the environment they are in.   I personally look much more favorably on those who over come the most to win.   If you'r enot up to the challenge then step aside and let someone who ISN'T a panty waist have a shot at it.

Because when money and politics are involved you cannot say its about money and politics. Since they were classing it it made sence to do it along competitive lines. Can't compare Basketball, this is INDIANA and Basketball is not a sport....it is religion!

Alphabetically would be a ton easier since enrollment changes each year, school names change very rarely.  Garrett is competitive with Dekalb in softball and they are much bigger.  

y2, if you want to tell lies about me and what i said.... why don't you tell lies to me to my face..... come to mishawaka, I'll meet ya at some restaurant.... feel free.... Private message me if you want some info to meet up.... its all good. I promise, no physical violence from me, i'm a pacifist.

Yes.  Just like in nearly every other state in the union.  radical.

My Granny (from a small town) used to say "if every boy in town jumped off a bridge, does that mean you should". Its' not every state and we should learn from their mistakes.

My Granny (from a small town) used to say "if every boy in town jumped off a bridge, does that mean you should". It not every state and we should learn from their mistakes.

And my Momma said Class Wrestling Is da Devil! - And Momma Ain't Never Wrong!

If there is no crying in baseball...Why in hell is there all this whining in Wrestling?

Good Lord just deal with the fact people wrestle in the environment they are in.   I personally look much more favorably on those who over come the most to win.   If you'r enot up to the challenge then step aside and let someone who ISN'T a panty waist have a shot at it.

Whining?  I guess if you can't win call the opponent a whiner and you win automatically.  Great debate tool.

Well i doubt they are making anymore money than they were.... but i bet my bottom dollar that they thought they would..... Think about it, before at state only 4 teams showed up, that means 4 schools worth of fans...... When they expanded all the sudden they have 8 teams at state, that is 8 schools worth of fans..... too bad it backfired on them and they did not realize by watering down basketball with classes, that a bunch of people who used to go regardless of the teams stopped and went  because they loved basketball stopped going.

I'm getting tired of repeating myself.  The principals forced the issue on class basketball because of the level playing field.  The executives at the IHSAA would have rather not changed it.

My Granny (from a small town) used to say "if every boy in town jumped off a bridge, does that mean you should". Its' not every state and we should learn from their mistakes.

If they are mistaken I'm guessing they would have changed back by know.  Maybe they have it right. 

Why are they jumping?  Maybe the bridge is on fire...if they are all jumping, there just might be a good reason....

1997, last year of classless basketball, 55,000

1998, first year of  classed basketball, 29,000

1999-present 0 years of 35,000 in attendance

Also that Damon Bailey year was an abnormality, look at how much it spiked from the year before. Might have had something to do with the fact that Damon Bailey was going up against Shawn Kemp.... I'm just saying.

My bad.  But why the drop of 20,000 fans in some years from the peak?  I am curious why the fans just died out.  20,000 fans is a lot of MONEY!

Why are they jumping?  Maybe the bridge is on fire...if they are all jumping, there just might be a good reason....

Maybe they were discussing class wrestling on the bridge and they wanted to get away :o

If they are mistaken I'm guessing they would have changed back by know.  Maybe they have it right. 

Because the system works. It is a system they chose it and it works.  This does not mean that un-classed works any better or worse. It Ford vs GM. It's a preference.

Good Lord just deal with the fact people wrestle in the environment they are in.  I personally look much more favorably on those who over come the most to win.  If you'r enot up to the challenge then step aside and let someone who ISN'T a panty waist have a shot at it.

Awesome.  Once one class folks resort to name calling I know that deep down, we have another convert.

Let's see would you rather wrestle at a small school and wrestle varsity four years and gain all the mat experience of wrestling all the competition, you have four shots at sectional, regional, semi-state, and state or wrestle at a bigger power house and wrestle varsity one or two years? I think the smaller school kids has a better chance of more exposure. Let's be honest you have to be an excellent wrestler to crack the line up at bigger schools until your junior year sometimes your senior year.

Because the system works. It is a system they chose it and it works.  This does not mean that un-classed works any better or worse. It Ford vs GM. It's a preference.

How are Indiana's 15-18 year olds different than those from other states where the class system works.

Awesome.  Once one class folks resort to name calling I know that deep down, we have another convert.

All give you that one, he is a convert. Now its' 8 (for) and 484,876 (against) class wrestling.

North Manchester isn't any better or worse than Iowa City

Manchester has a fine tradition

You can still get as much if not more academic money

Manchester should be closer to Iowa in wrestling.

I've never been to North Manchester but I have been to Iowa City.  If I had to choose between the two to live in, I'll go with Iowa City.

Does it cost the same to go to both?  I don't know.  I thought Manchester was a D3 school and therefore didn't offer athletic scholarships.  Could be I'm wrong.

I'm sure Manchester has a very fine tradition.  But I get to choose to get a degree from Manchester or from Michigan, I'll go with Michigan.

How are Indiana's 15-18 year olds different than those from other states where the class system works.

I said it works. Didn't say it works the best. Your question was why don't they change back. They find it workable. Ours is best.

Whining?  I guess if you can't win call the opponent a whiner and you win automatically.  Great debate tool.

So is sarcasm..... ;D

WOO HOO!!!!! My post was no. 600 on this thread.  Do I win a prize?  (Yes, I know I've left myself open with that line)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.