Braggin Rights

ontherise219

Hold all the conspiracy theory stuff.  Jim Peters asked me if Sean wanted to wrestle in the Bragging Rights event.  Based on a conversation Sean and I had after his state finals match and without me double checking, I assumed Sean didn't want to participate.  So the Times is not at fault this time.

-Coach Wilkins

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you decide to wrestle as well .Don't you want to go kick some IL butt ? And by the way , congrats on your 3rd ,you are among Indiana's elite.

I've heard a rumor that they do not weigh in for this IN/IL meet. That is a major concern, Sean does not cut weight. He is under 160 now.

I've heard a rumor that they do not weigh in for this IN/IL meet. That is a major concern, Sean does not cut weight. He is under 160 now.

I believe this is still true.  Years ago one of my kids was in this meet along with Tabor from Portage who was a state champ at around 140.  He had to easily weigh 160 the day of the meet.

Major concern ?    The 160 opponent from Illinois is 16-9 ...  surely Sean's coaches are slightly over 160 (and a little tougher than a 16-9 HS kid) and Sean wrestles them in practice ? 

Major concern ?    The 160 opponent from Illinois is 16-9 ...  surely Sean's coaches are slightly over 160 (and a little tougher than a 16-9 HS kid) and Sean wrestles them in practice ?  

Not talking about "Braggin' Rights". I was speeking of the actual IN/IL All-star meet. I believe it is in Hinsdale, IL this year. Slosser & the IL kid should be a good match.

Hold all the conspiracy theory stuff.  Jim Peters asked me if Sean wanted to wrestle in the Bragging Rights event.  Based on a conversation Sean and I had after his state finals match and without me double checking, I assumed Sean didn't want to participate.  So the Times is not at fault this time.

-Coach Wilkins

"Braggin Rights"  That meet is a joke.  I've seen some of the most lame matches there.  I think  Sean should have been asked, and he should wrestle  189  just to make it interesting.       

Sounds like he was asked to me.  Well, I guess technically speaking he was not asked personally, but his coach was asked.

Good to hear that you are going, I hope all the other top finishers are going as well, I've been to the meet a few times lots of good matches.

It seems like the past few year the Illinois folks do not bash Indiana wrestling like they once did.

Sean Mac. I'm hoping to see you there as well.

MA

here are some results

112 Stevens Merrillville d Jared Willbanks Bloom town

119 Marc Escobedo Lake Central d Jordan Black Thornwood

125 Anthony Napules Merrillville d Matt O'boyle Marian Awesome MAtch

130 Steve Murphy Marian d Mike Clark Calumet 6-5

135 Dallas Schurg Crown Point Fall Lawrence Blackful Bloom Twp

140 Frankie Porras Hobart d Curtis Crims 4-0

145 Alex Surma Munster fall Jason Starks Bloom TWP

152 Mike Glenn Marian fall Dustin Shultz Kannkakee Valley

160 Justin Slosser Munster d Joe Mason T.F South

171 Jeremy Wengel Merrillville fall Travis Lewis Thornwood

189 NAthan Fowler Calumet d

215 Steve Miller Stagg d Nathan Cleveland Lowell 4-0

Hwt James Travis Merrillville maj Kelvin Day TF South 19-5

here are some results

112 Stevens Merrillville d Jared Willbanks Bloom town

119 Marc Escobedo Lake Central d Jordan Black Thornwood

125 Anthony Napules Merrillville d Matt O'boyle Marian Awesome MAtch

130 Steve Murphy Marian d Mike Clark Calumet 6-5

135 Dallas Schurg Crown Point Fall Lawrence Blackful Bloom Twp

140 Frankie Porras Hobart d Curtis Crims 4-0

145 Alex Surma Munster fall Jason Starks Bloom TWP

152 Mike Glenn Marian fall Dustin Shultz Kannkakee Valley

160 Justin Slosser Munster d Joe Mason T.F South

171 Jeremy Wengel Merrillville fall Travis Lewis Thornwood

189 NAthan Fowler Calumet d

215 Steve Miller Stagg d Nathan Cleveland Lowell 4-0

Hwt James Travis Merrillville maj Kelvin Day TF South 19-5

Looks like IN dominated.  How good was Miller from Stagg?  How'd the match go?

Looks like IN dominated.  How good was Miller from Stagg?  How'd the match go?

He took 5th in the 3a tournament and finished the season 36-6. I'm surprised with a 4-0 win over Cleveland. On the plus side Stevens moving up 9 lbs faced a tough kid and won.

I believe the Score of Nathan /Miller match was 5-4, Miller looked like he was weighting at least 235, he was huge, it was a very good match, Miller was strong as hell, only way he wasn't turned with Clevelands far side craddle he had.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.