Tsirtsis vs. Mullins?

Bruschi

Tsirtsis was in control the whole match. Mullins seemed to have gotten discouraged in the third when he couldn't get out. Miullins tried some frantic movement, but Tsirtsis conrolled him scored back points. In my opinion, Mullins didn't stand much of a chance. Jackson was impressive in the finals though.

that jackson kid has a heck of a motor!.. never stopped working..and taking the fight to tsirtsis..            i was really suprised to see tsirtsis lay on his belly a couple times holding onto a single..      not trying to pick it up ..or drive through ..    seemed like he was running on empty ..                        those two kids going at it .. would be fun to watch 10 times in  a row

i think it was 1-0 tshirt going into the 3rd then Tshirt tacked on 7 in the 3rd, i dont remember much else

1st-no takedown.

2nd-tsirtsis reversal, rides him out.

3rd-tsirtsis turks him twice for backpoints.  i don't think mullins ever came close to escaping.

I would not say Mullins was clearly better on his feet. 

Thanks for posting the match.  I kind of put Tsirtsis in that elite group of Indiana wrestlers over the past 8-10 years (A. Tsirtsis, Escobedo, Howe, Humphrey, Coughlin, Cashe and Mauer), I know it is early and he still has a lot to prove but I feel he could and is on his was to being that good.  His national success speaks for itself.  That being said after watching the Mullins and Jackson match I noticed that Tsirtsis did not take one leg attack shot.  All of his offense seems to be the front headlock to a spin around in big matches.  Some of you that watch him much more might disagree and may tell me that it just happened like that in those two matches.  But IMO for him to be really successful in college he is going to need to some good leg attacks (I understand he is only a sophomore and we will develop some good leg attacks).

That being said he is an absolute stud. Frank Cagnina is #1 nationally at 130 and Tsirtsis took him to overtime in the finals at super 32 and almost rode him out for the win.  He has beaten many nationally ranked wrestlers.  I look forward to following his freestyle and other offseason events.  Hopefully Jackson will wrestle some national tournament was really impressed with how he frustrated Tsirtsis.

Jackson did a great job at keeping it close and frustrating Tsirtsis. He really wrestled good. A pair of tough wrestlers that maybe we get to see wrestle again next weekend at Team State. ;D

Tsirtsis and Jackson were clearly above the pack at 130#. Mullins obviously has some work to do to catch either one.

Jaskson did a fantastic job pushing the action. He looked like the bigger body in the final match and executed a good plan. He just ran into a better more determined wrestler. I wonder how much difficulty Jackson has making 130#, he looked considerably bigger than Tsirtsis.

Tsirtis keeps wrestling likes this it will be really tough for him to win all four years, I know he has been good in tight matches, obviously, he does not look like a clear cut four-timer at the moment, Phillips has a lot better chance as of right now

Tsirtis keeps wrestling likes this it will be really tough for him to win all four years, I know he has been good in tight matches, obviously, he does not look like a clear cut four-timer at the moment, Phillips has a lot better chance as of right now

He has one close match and you're saying this?  He did major decision his undefeated opponent in the semi-finals, Mullins, who most people were thinking would be the better of the two between him and Jackson.  I don't know Tsirtsis personally, but I bet he will be working his tail off this offseason to get better and I do not see any reason why he wouldn't be the "clear cut" favorite to win it again next year as long as he does so. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.