OFFICIAL "What if the bracket was drawn this way" topic.

XCard

Every year we get a few of these brackets set up as to where we feel the Championship match is taking place in the semis.  So I figured I would start an "OFFICIAL" topic on it.   I will start it off with one that seems to be gaining steam, the possible semi-final match at 130, Tsirtsis vs. Mullins.  Anybody have any others to add?

So you want people to complain about the luck of the draw? I dont see how that is productive. Yes it is unfortunate that they are on the same side but it happens every year. How else would you have the brackets done?

I think he said it tongue in cheek. Heck a lot of matches I look forward to don't even happen due to an upset or injury so who knows how this will play out.We have enough depth in Indiana wrestling  that even having the so called top 2 meet before the championship leaves plenty of top guys to face the winner, I answered with a final I would have thought very possible had the brackets gone otherwise but I don't think anyone seriously is upset by good matchups a little earlier. Good luck to all

I guess "complain" is the wrong word to use in today's politically correct world.  I have adjusted my topic to soothe those that may have been offended.

P.S.

This is a discussion board, so I was just trying to generate some good discussion on a topic that comes up almost every year.  I did not mean for this to be negative.

While that matchup is a good one, lets not overlook that the winner could meet Jackson in the finals. Therefore it should be a great finals @ 130 regardless of the Tsirtsis/Mullins outcome.

I think Jackson vs Schrader could very well not be as one sided if the match-up were to come in the semis. Expect Nick to come back hungry after 3rd at Mville

I think Jackson vs Schrader could very well not be as one sided if the match-up were to come in the semis. Expect Nick to come back hungry after 3rd at Mville

I know he gave Tsirtis all he wanted in their first meeting so I assumed he would handle Clark (shows what I know :-[) and meet him at SS in the championship.

I would love to at least seperate the top 2 kids in the state to opposite sides of the bracket to increase the chances of the best final possible.  However, we would be pulling hairs trying to determine how best to decided who the top 2 in state are at most weight classes.  Then even after that you will end up seeing a few of them upset in the quater or semi finals anyway thus making the argument over who should be seeded 1 and 2 pointless.   Everyone that makes it should be looking for the title and if you are not on your game from start to finish thats simply not going to happen.

I know he gave Tsirtis all he wanted in their first meeting so I assumed he would handle Clark (shows what I know :-[) and meet him at SS in the championship.

Trust me I thought the same thing. But to compare in a sense to Sandefer last year, Steve beat Trace Hall all year and finally Trace got one and Steve used it and didnt look back and took state. Now, Nick has had Clark's number twice and Clark got it back, I would love to see how strong Nick will come out this weekend

Trust me I thought the same thing. But to compare in a sense to Sandefer last year, Steve beat Trace Hall all year and finally Trace got one and Steve used it and didnt look back and took state. Now, Nick has had Clark's number twice and Clark got it back, I would love to see how strong Nick will come out this weekend

I'd hardly say that Schrader had Clark's number... Anyone in attendance at the Al Smith saw that Clark wrestled well enough to win that match.. He had a 6-2 lead (3 takedowns to 2 escapes) with 40 sec. left in the third period and got in a flurry and thrown for 5 and lost 7-6.  At the Hobart Invite, Schrader beat Clark pretty soundly 5-1, and then yesterday, Clark beat Schrader very soundly as he was winning by 2 when he took him down, put him on his back for 3 nearfall and pinned him.  If people are saying that Schrader/Jackson will be a battle, then surely Clark/Jackson will be a battle as well.  Jackson beat Schofield 5-3, Schrader beat Schofield 5-2, and Clark beat Schrader yesterday.. I'd love to see a Schrader/Clark semi-final rematch, with the winner earning a spot under the lights!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.