South bend Tribune story on Stahl

pin2win1

Good article and intereting perspective.  I wonder what made the Stahl family choose Mishawaka over other schools like Penn, Concord, Jimtown, etc.

For what it's worth.    I heard that he already had some really good relationships with a lot of Mishawaka wrestlers from off-season wrestling.  Add that with the power of Mishawaka's program, and it makes it a no-brainer.  (We would have loved him to come to Jimtown.)

Well Jimtown father, i bet every school would have loved to have him on their team ;-)

That being said, if he already knew some of Mishawaka's wrestlers, and if they family thought those wrestlers were good kids, then Mishawaka would have been the right choice no matter the strength of their program. Think about it, if he moves into a district where he doesn't know any good kids already, then what is to stop him from getting in with a similar crowd as the one at memorial? However, if you go to a school district where the people you know are already good kids, then well you have a better chance of keeping your nose clean.

I also bet housing prices and other logistical issues helped play into the decision as well.

All I can say as the parent of a young wrestler that Stahl wrestled yesterday at Semi-State is that the kid showed class to his opponent not only during the entire match, but even as his hand was raised in victory.  I don't know his history, but I can tell you that the Stahl who won yesterday is solid wrestler and a really good young man.  We have all seen questionable displays of sportsmanship in wrestling (win or lose) and Stahl's behavior and leadership (even among his opponents) is above the bar.  He motivates his opponents to be better with his words of encouragement, compliments and his sportsmanship.  For all I know, he may not even realize his positive effect in this weight class. 

It was between Garrett and Mishawaka, but Mishawaka won due to having cooler singlets. 

I have never seen a garrett snglet.... but which mishawaka singlet is cooler? The standard maroon and white? The gray and Black (might be my fave)? Or maybe the white championship singlet?

Heck they may even have more.... maybe it wasn't that Mishawaka had a cooler singlet, but rather due to the fact that Mishawaka has quite a number or singlets ;-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.