Big Brother vs. Little Brother

D-train

with all of the great brother combinations that we have been lucky enough to see over the years, who usually does better?

i would guess that the little brother usually has more success after the older sibling breaks the initial ground. 

i know, there are plenty of exceptions, but i am just being general.

There have been (and are) 4 of us boys in my family wrestle, and each year the younger one does better then the one before him did, and its still going till this day with the youngest. So I'd say the youngest is usually going to better.  He gets to learn from his older brothers.  Lucky him  ;D

So far little brother.

My oldest son was very good (ranked in the top ten two years) but never made it to State despite 125 career varsity wins.

His younger brother is still wrestling and has 19 more career wins, has medalled twice already, and is still wrestling.

The youngest is still a 7th grader so we will see if he improves over his older brothers.

So far little brother.

My oldest son was very good (ranked in the top ten two years) but never made it to State despite 125 career varsity wins.

His younger brother is still wrestling and has 19 more career wins, has medalled twice already, and is still wrestling.

The youngest is still a 7th grader so we will see if he improves over his older brothers.

Keep progressing like that the 7th grader will win state a few times.

Andrew Howe has two older brothers right?

that was actually the family that stuck out the most when i was thinking about this. 

also i was thinking about alex and jason tsirtsis.  as good as alex was is it possible that jason will be even more dominant by his sr. year?  yeah, he already has two carreer losses, but he had a pretty tough weight class as a freshman.

that was actually the family that stuck out the most when i was thinking about this. 

also i was thinking about alex and jason tsirtsis.  as good as alex was is it possible that jason will be even more dominant by his sr. year?  yeah, he already has two carreer losses, but he had a pretty tough weight class as a freshman.

And they had an older brother too, I think his name was Michael.

Indeed..  It's rubbed off on a few more studs too.  Overtime has produced some very good recruits for the past few years.

i remember sean bormet and the rest of the providence celtics coming into the crown point gym my jr. year and ripping up one of my good friends, doug willems, who i believe was ranked #1 at the time.

Ive got a little brother who is 5 and he would go to my meets and he loved every second of it. He still wants to wrestle with me when i come home. I know that when he is ready ill work with him as much as he wants.

Thats why the little brothers are usually better. Because the older ones are there to give them advice, help them get better and most important, knock them down a notch when they need to be

If the older brothers take interest in teaching and the younger is willing to learn, the little brother

For some reason we all could scramble well

me:

took beatings >  took beatings > regionals > semi-state (ticket round loss, guy I already beat..still burns)

style: come at them with all kinds of things and hope I didn't gasp lol

middle brother:

regionals > state > state > regionals (broke leg before senior year started)

style: smart defense and could scramble really well if needed or opportunity presented itself

little brother:

regionals >  semi-state > state place winner > ....we'll see, I'm optimistic and excited

style: wrestles smart, solid defensively and offensively explosive

Some researchers in psychology have suggested that one trait that comes out related to birth order is athletic success.  Often this success shows up most in middle and/or youngest children.  I think that matches up with what people have suggested here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.