New Location for Southern Semi-State

TripleB

I vote a little south of that right off 64 at Possem Juntion in Bristow, IN personally.  Always a great stop on the way to E-ville and much more convienent for travel than Birdseye.    ;D

Lets go ahead and have it at the St. Augustine gym in Leopold.  Is Good Time Charlies still there?  He can probably seat 10-15 families for dinner.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit dreaming. Semi state will never be held in Assembly Hall. NEVER. Not only is it basketball season but that is all the gym is for. IU wrestling team doesn't even have thier meets there. Those are held at University gym.

Now I believe that Roberts really is the best location because of the seating options concessions and the open floor plan that allows you to see all the action

I know its a completely different situation but IU got to wrestle there a few years back when they hosted the big ten championships...i was there.  And with all the bragging of youre doing about your fans being the most and going anywhere, you would think you could get them all there to make it worth it for IU  :)

And I think Roberts Stadium is a great place to wrestle, i didnt like eville whatsoever.  Hated the drive, loved wrestling there, hated the biased eville crowd, and as far as eating establishments...well i didnt get to do that much back then so im neither here nor there on that topic.  Just my opinion.

I know its a completely different situation but IU got to wrestle there a few years back when they hosted the big ten championships...i was there.  And with all the bragging of youre doing about your fans being the most and going anywhere, you would think you could get them all there to make it worth it for IU   :)

And I think Roberts Stadium is a great place to wrestle, i didnt like eville whatsoever.  Hated the drive, loved wrestling there, hated the biased eville crowd, and as far as eating establishments...well i didnt get to do that much back then so im neither here nor there on that topic.  Just my opinion.

i dont recall saying we had the most or willing to go anywhere. I am just saying that evansville has been working.

Big Ten championships attract a lot more people than State would.

State happens in february when Indiana is still playing home games while big ten is in march when teams are in the tournament.

I dont think Indiana Basketball would give up assembly hall for a thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. i just dont think this is very plausible with it being right before the NCAA tournament for basketball

And as we all know in indiana basketball comes first

The Evansville semi-state is the best attended most years. One or two years there was bad weather that cut the numbers at Evansville while other areas of the state had better weather and better attendance at their sites. Evansville has always brought in the most money to the IHSAA every year the semi state has been in Evansville. That is with paying to use Roberts Stadium.

The best part of the Evansville Semi-State is it ISN'T in Merrillville or Ft Wayne.  Let's face it folks...E'Ville ROCKS.

If you can't find something you like to do here...try Goshen or Brown County...Great places mind you, but they cater to a different crowd    ;D

No doubt evansville has the best place to wrestle than any other semi state in indiana.  But there are alot of people who wish there was a more centralized location for everyone...there are alot of teams that are 3 hours or better from Evansville.  But there arent any locations that are more centralized with the capabilities to host it...Seymour could with a few tweaks, is there a place in bloomington that would be realistic? 

No doubt evansville has the best place to wrestle than any other semi state in indiana.  But there are alot of people who wish there was a more centralized location for everyone...there are alot of teams that are 3 hours or better from Evansville.  But there arent any locations that are more centralized with the capabilities to host it...Seymour could with a few tweaks, is there a place in bloomington that would be realistic? 

no

Tye solution is simple...Tell them to move closer to Evansville

No to metion that when theckman says E'ville he means all the schools in E'ville.

Reitz, Harrison, Mater dei, Central, North, Bosse, and close enough Castle. Along with all the other schools close by like Mt. Vernon, North Posey, Priceton, Vincence lincoln, and how many other Terre haute Schools there are, thats a lot of the Semi State making a 3 hour drive.

I understand the frustration with the lack of a "central" location, but the truth is, there isn't a good "central" location option...at least one better than Robert's Stadium.  Robert's is a great venue...fan & wrestler friendly...plenty of room to spread out both in the stands and on the floor. I love the Evansville Semi-State and I hope it never leaves Evansville (no desire to see it go back to Seymour).  I'm sure that when the new arena is built it will move there if they decide to do away with Roberts. Everyone's talking about Dippin' Dots...but what about the big bags of kettle corn??? Yummy!!!

just to throw it out there what does Paoli and BNL gyms look like?  They prob would be the dead center of the area if you wanted to be technical. 

I can tell you that I would love to host Semi-state in Paoli.  We do have a bigger gym than most schools.  But that's exactly what is is - a gym.  There is no way in the world we can accomodate anything close to that size.  Our facilities can't support what fans would attend.  I don't like the drive either - 2 hours sucks no matter where you are headed (my sectional was a 10 minute drive at the most).  Nice thought though.

I can tell you that I would love to host Semi-state in Paoli.  We do have a bigger gym than most schools.  But that's exactly what is is - a gym.  There is no way in the world we can accomodate anything close to that size.  Our facilities can't support what fans would attend.  I don't like the drive either - 2 hours sucks no matter where you are headed (my sectional was a 10 minute drive at the most).  Nice thought though.

The upside would be SKIING during the breaks    ;D

Let's just skip Semi-State all together...Take over Lucas Oil Stadium and have a week long tourney with the last man in each class standing at the end!

Whose with me!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.