Toughest wieght in the state

duck_and_run

I wouldn't say that.  103 is a two man race

112 is a four man race

119 is a good one looks like a 6 man race(Lovejoy is my Pick here)

125 is a 4 man race

130 is going to Tsirtsis

135 is a 6 man race

140 is a 2 man race prolly going to porras

145 is a 2 man race

152 is a 3 man race

160 is a 5 man race (McMurrey is the 4rd best according to me.)

171 is a 3 man race

189 is going to atwood

215 is a two man race

Hvy is a 3 man race

I have 3 locks with porras Atwood and Tsirtsis .  Other then that I have 160 as the toughest

160 in my opinion.  Lots of tuff underclassmen that can change a lot of minds....

152  with Bennett, Richie and Welch??????

It is going to be fun. 

Just wish they had a 25lb. class for my grandson....

I wouldn't say that.  103 is a two man race

112 is a four man race

119 is a good one looks like a 6 man race(Lovejoy is my Pick here)

125 is a 4 man race

130 is going to Tsirtsis

135 is a 6 man race

140 is a 2 man race prolly going to porras

145 is a 2 man race

152 is a 3 man race

160 is a 5 man race (McMurrey is the 4rd best according to me.)

171 is a 3 man race

189 is going to atwood

215 is a two man race

Hvy is a 3 man race

I have 3 locks with porras Atwood and Tsirtsis .  Other then that I have 160 as the toughest

McMurray the 4th best 160 ..LOL..Then who is your top 5?

I personally think 171 is the toughest

As Usual RankingsGuy might be the only guy that knows what he is talking about. Gonzo your good too.

And i agree completely: The dude at 160 that is going to a Big Ten School and won state twice and was a National Runner-up last year. Yeah he is only the 4th best. (Sarcasm)

Hey Duck, who are your three above Mac.  No disrespect to the other wrestlers  but he's a two timer and has been dominant this season including handling Quiroz and beating Willis.  Don't get me wrong, he and Willis will battle and it could go either way but Mac gets the nod cause he has already beaten Willis.  What's that popular phrase that everyone likes "HE'S ON A MISSION!"( just kidding)

haha i would love to know your top 6 that could win and the three ahead of a two timer, national runner-up, who beat willis who everyone else is picking to win 160, and has handled i think the second best kid in the state in quiroz everytime. its show time sean and ace are gonna be in the finals again i believe and sean wins again.

I've got McCray and Willis finishing ahead of Mr McMurrey.  I also think Valahos and Lefever can make some noise.  McCray and willis are going to be to big for him to handle.  There just to much of a physical presence coming into state time.  sorry bout the spelling my sausage finger got in the way

I've got McCray and Willis finishing ahead of Mr McMurrey.  I also think Valahos and Lefever can make some not.  McCray and willing are going to be to big for him to handle.  There just to much of a physical presence coming into state time.

Man alive, I'm not even an English teacher, but that hurts to read.

I've got McCray and Willis finishing ahead of Mr McMurrey.  I also think Valahos and Lefever can make some not.  McCray and willing are going to be to big for him to handle.  There just to much of a physical presence coming into state time.

Yep Willis to physical when they wrestled mcmurray won that close one and rode him out

Only time will tell.  Just because you win a few doesn't mean your going to be handed a title.  I will say he is prolly the favorite I just don't see him wrestling a whole day against bigger more physical opponents.  Good luck to him though, he has been cocky and fearless on this board.  I like the kids swagger.

Look duder, They all have to weigh the same at the beginning of the day. So they are all the same size at the start of the day. And as far being more physical; I hope that someone tries to get aggressive with McMurray. Im tired of watching everyone he wrestles stall out against him. If someone brings a lot of offensive to the table they are going to lose by a large margin. If they choose to wrestle defensively they will lose by a smaller margin. Either way they are going to lose.

This coming from someone who has wrestled Mcmurray but it was 2 years ago and it was the last match of my high school career. He was the real deal then and he is still that good and better. Is he cocky yes but thats what makes his motor go. I saw the first match against Willis and you cant wrestle him that way if you wait for him to attack you wont win. So to me the one person that has the best shot to beat him is Valhoes he just has what I think you have to have to beat Sean,but willis might have it but has to open the offense up. That being said I think he still wins.

Yeah McMurrey really put it on Willis the first time.  He took him down several times right.  No he couldn't take him down.  Willis is a big dude and the match can go either way.  None of you have seen McCray from Garrett he is the real deal also.  Valahos did not look good early in the year but is really coming arround.  This wieght is up for grabs and Sean may be the favorite, but in my opinion he will not win his third title.

Is this thread to determine the toughest weight class in the state or the one that is the most wide open??? 

135 was brought up but only has 3 returning placers in the top 20!!! 

119 has has 11 medals between the top 6 wrestlers.  That is crazy.  Whenever you have state champion ranked 5th you know you are going to see some fireworks. 

125 is the same 9 medals in the top 5 with a state champion in the 5th spot.

119 and 125 is where the action will be. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.