152- Zack Corpe / Elkhart Memorial

160- Francisco Garcia / Goshen

171- JB Singer / Goshen

189- Carson Sappington / Elkhart Memorial

215- Shane Hendrickson / Elkhart Memorial

275- Jacob Clark / Goshen

Just my opinion of course!

What if they are tied?

I talked to Coach Read of Plymouth last night at our match and he didn't indicate what happens in the event of a points tie.  The NLC doesn't even have a seeding meeting due to this system and one of the conference (I think he said it was Northwood's) ADs handles the bracketing.

Coach Read did not seem to be a big fan of this system and pointed out times in the past (see Carr brothers Wawassee) when the top seed would lose first round because of this system as I guess the Carrs would get moved around in weight classes and thusly wouldn't have enough points to qualify for a seed and would draw the #1 guy.

According to the point system, I predict Troy Pickard will get the #1 seed at 152lb. Most all the other 152's have had poor records or wrestled different weights at least some matches or were injured part of the season. Top 152's Troy Pickard, Zack Corp ( only two losses? only 3 matches at 152, most deserving of #1), and Chris Hogendobler ( 13-2, won the Central Turkey Dual and the Charger invite, wrestled once at 160, and has been injured half the season. Losses were to Jimmy LaRowe, and a close one to Troy Pickard in which Chris dominated most of the match).

* Ranked in the State

103: Brooks - Soon to be state placer *

112: Maynard - Soon to be semi-state qualifier

119: Ross - Placed 8th already at State, Will place this year at state *

125: Rhymer - could be a state qualifier this year

130: Kelly - Soon to be semi-state qualifier

135: Marcucelli - Will be a state placer this year *

140: Manbu - Could place at state this year *

145: Lewandowski - State qualifier, maybe better

152: Corpe - Placed 5th at State already, Will be a placer this year *

160: Garcia -  will be a Semi-State qualifier

171: Hostetler - Will qualify for State this year

189: Dillenbeck - Will qualify for State this year *

215: Hendrickson - Semi-state qualifier this year

HWT: Clark - Will qualify for State this year *

7 ranked wrestlers, 2 State placers,

Goshen will win the NLC, Memorial will be the Runner-up

Nothing to do with wins outside the NLC.. Corpe will have 10pts.. Provided he wins tonight.. 3 matches at 152.. 4 at other weights.. Its probably going to be Goshen #1, Concord #2, Corpe #3.

I think Corp will be higher than Chris Hogendobler because of Chris's NLC record; Wawasee(win), Memorial(win), Northridge(win 152), Northridge(win 160), Warsaw(injured did not wrestle), Plymouth(injured did not wrestle), Northwood(injured did not wrestle), Goshen(lost 7-5).

I talked to Coach Read of Plymouth last night at our match and he didn't indicate what happens in the event of a points tie.  The NLC doesn't even have a seeding meeting due to this system and one of the conference (I think he said it was Northwood's) ADs handles the bracketing.

Coach Read did not seem to be a big fan of this system and pointed out times in the past (see Carr brothers Wawassee) when the top seed would lose first round because of this system as I guess the Carrs would get moved around in weight classes and thusly wouldn't have enough points to qualify for a seed and would draw the #1 guy.

I was a senior and Jason was a sophomore the year they moved from Warsaw to Wawasee.  I dropped from 140 to 135 mid-season and he moved teams and had split results.  Both of us ended up being unseeded and randomly drawn in since we didn't have enough matches at one weight with one team--even though both of us were undefeated in conference for the season.  There weren't even enough qualified entrants to have a 4th seed.  We ended up on the mat facing each other at 9:30 in the morning and neither of us faced a close match the rest of the day, finishing 1st and 3rd.  The system could use a tweak...considering that was almost 15 years ago.

Does it actually matter what seed Corpe gets? Who is going to challenge him let alone beat him? He wins 152 no matter the seed, whether its 1st or 8th.

It doesn't matter for Corpe, but it should matter for the person he draws in the first round.  For example, if he got seeded 8th (which isn't going to happen), would it be fair for the second best wrestler in the weight class (the #1 seed) to draw him in the first round?

103-Jared Brooks-warsaw

112- Austin Maynard-goshen

119-Steven Ross-concord

125-Fulvio DeSantiago-concord

130-Chase Anglemeyer-northwood

135- Cam Matteson-memorial

140-Bobby Marcucelli-wawasee

152- Zach Corpe-memorial

160- Fransisco Garica-goshen

171- JB Singer-goshen

189-  Sappington-memorial

215- Shane Hendrickson-memorial

hwt- Jacob Clark-goshen

sounds pretty acurate

103-Jared Brooks-warsaw

112- Austin Maynard-goshen

119-Steven Ross-concord

125-Fulvio DeSantiago-concord

130-Chase Anglemeyer-northwood

135- Cam Matteson-memorial

140-Bobby Marcucelli-wawasee

152- Zach Corpe-memorial

160- Fransisco Garica-goshen

171- JB Singer-goshen

189-  Sappington-memorial

215- Shane Hendrickson-memorial

hwt- Jacob Clark-goshen

sounds pretty acurate

That looks right. 140 could be a good final...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.