North Central Conference seedings for Jan. 23,2010

mossdown

Probably because of the fact that he is in the same weight class as the defending champion at 112. He is also 27-1.

I am not trying to step on anyone's toes, but New Castle doesn't wrestler a killer schedule. (I'm not saying Huntington North does, but)

By my calculations, if all of the seeds hold, Huntington North would win.

New Castle has wrestled decent competition. They wrestled BELLMONT, Cathedral, Westfield, East Central(though they are a bit down this year) Mason,OH, LF Harrison, New Pal to name a few. They have legitimate shots at getting 112, 119, 130, 140, 152 and 171 thru to state. Their 215 pounder has wrestled well at times. He lost to Kokomo kid ranked 3rd in OT and knocked Buchanan, from Cathedral, out of the rankings.

My predictions:

103: S. Lloyd,  Marion

112: Campbell, New Castle

119: Catron, New Castle

125: Newsome: Huntington North

130: Mullins, New Castle

135: Williams, Marion ( my upset pick)

140: Fellers, New Castle

145: Heucham, Muncie Central

152: Duke, Marion

160: Z. Lloyd, Marion

171: Wasson, New Castle

189: Scott, Marion

215: Green, Kokomo

285: Cooper, Huntington North

Team Champs: New Castle with Huntington North and Marion battling for second and third.

What is going to interesting is how many NC, HN, and Marion have in the finals. I see each school having 8. Luckily for Marion, they should only see New Castle three times in the finals, at 135, 152 and possibly at 171. HN will probably see them at 112,119,130.

Team wise, New Castle has to be the favorite but this year it won't be a blow out like years past.

My predictions:

103: S. Lloyd,  Marion

112: Campbell, New Castle

119: Catron, New Castle

125: Newsome: Huntington North

130: Mullins, New Castle

135: Williams, Marion ( my upset pick)

140: Fellers, New Castle

145: Heucham, Muncie Central

152: Duke, Marion

160: Z. Lloyd, Marion

171: Wasson, New Castle

189: Scott, Marion

215: Green, Kokomo

285: Cooper, Huntington North

Team Champs: New Castle with Huntington North and Marion battling for second and third.

The only change I have or see is Hiple, Huntington North winning 145

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.