McMurray vs Quiroz

ontherise219

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got mama-mac, papa-mac, brother mac, sean mac himself... Might as well invite a few aunts and uncles and you could have a McMurray family reunion on the indiana mat message board ha

That is where about 100 of the boo's came from the Mac Family ;D  Ill still stick with Willis winning the finals in dominating fashion I for see Willis being a 3x state champ at 60,71 and 189.

So now that Chesterton is now going to Hobart next week  , I guess round 2 will be Saturday. Lets keep it on the mat guys and don't do anything stupid. Just remember a flagrant misconduct will make you miss your next match which in this case is sectionals. Good Luck to both.

Caliboy, I for one, have never booed you.. Remember your private messages to me?  I have no problem with anyone having a pick to win state.  Esp when you have good reasons for your pick!  All I can do is wrestle..

And I wrestle with emotion because I love this sport..  Everytime I step onto the mat I get into a mind set..  It's my choice, it can be me or whomever I'm wrestling... I prefer for it to be me.  So, in my head I'm running through all of my training and telling myself that I've worked too hard to lose.

I have given Anthony rides to practice and even hung out with him some in the past year..  We don't like eachother on the mat, that's it.  I hope the kid has a good career.. Heck, he's already began a better one than mine.

I believe the official gave them both a break. There was a little shove and some words after the buzzer and no punches were thrown. Neither wrestlers action was flagrant and although they could've both been called for unsportsmanlike it really wouldn't have made a difference. The match was over so the penalty would have been a team point from each team. I'm betting both coaching staffs have already handled the situation on their own. Keep working and wrestling hard guys.

I believe the official gave them both a break. There was a little shove and some words after the buzzer and no punches were thrown. Neither wrestlers action was flagrant and although they could've both been called for unsportsmanlike it really wouldn't have made a difference. The match was over so the penalty would have been a team point from each team. I'm betting both coaching staffs have already handled the situation on their own. Keep working and wrestling hard guys.

You nailed ittangarrray! Sean has no hard feelings, his blood pressure just goes up a notch this time of year. And he is doing duty at a kid's tournament today.

For theose who are  justifying Sean McMurrays unsportsmenlike conduct by saying  it's OK because he's just a high school kid,  then what age is it start being not OK?  If it's Ok because he's a high school kid then we should do away with unsportsmenlike conduct calls all together,  because they are all high school kids.  He's a senior which means he's 17 or 18 years old,  which means he knows the difference between right and wrong.  Does he get a pass because he is a better a wrestler than most?  Other great wrestlers like Alex Tsirtsis,  Angel Escobedo, and Andrew Howe all won and dominated on the mat and didnt show disrespect to their opponets and run their mouths....  they set a great example and let their wrestling show how good they were.  No matter if McMurray likes it or not he is a role model to young kids watching him wrestle and he is setting an example everytime he steps out on the mat. 

Neither of them really did anything wrong both just let their emmotions get the better of them.  It happens to everyone whether after a match you throw your head gear or punch a locker or just avoid every one that is the same as what happened maybe even less they were both just frustrated thats all

Mr. Right, you said it " right".   I was probably a little harsh however with my words last night,  and do apologize for offending  "MAMAMAC".    FYI though,  there were a hand full of matches last year where Sean deemed it necessary to provoke his opponent and the opposing fans  (team regional against cp for one) after his decisive win.   But you did hit it on the head.   Mouthy, arrogant, and self centered kids encouraged by there parents just grow up to be mouthy, arrogant, self  centered adults .     Life is tough for all of us.   Every one has pressures, goals, and emotions to deal with.   Its called Life.  No one (teens or adults) should be placed above anyone else, talented or not.    I have been thinking of those exact kids you mentioned  (Alex, Angle, & Andrew) that have set great examples for our kids.   And you want to know something else,  there parents are just as kind, respectful, and humble as there kids.  go figure huh.    Peace Out,

next topic.    

Mr. Right, you said it " right".   I was probably a little harsh however with my words last night,  and do apologize for offending  "MAMAMAC".     FYI though,  there were a hand full of matches last year where Sean deemed it necessary to provoke his opponent and the opposing fans  (team regional against cp for one) after his decisive win.    But you did hit it on the head.   Mouthy, arrogant, and self centered kids encouraged by there parents just grow up to be mouthy, arrogant, self  centered adults .     Life is tough for all of us.   Every one has pressures, goals, and emotions to deal with.   Its called Life.  No one (teens or adults) should be placed above anyone else, talented or not.    I have been thinking of those exact kids you mentioned  (Alex, Angle, & Andrew) that have set great examples for our kids.   And you want to know something else,  there parents are just as kind, respectful, and humble as there kids.  go figure huh.     Peace Out,

next topic.    

Really unnecessary! Talking trash about a kid and a family you don't even know! To bad you have to hide behind a screen name. This is the knd of thing that is wrong with this board.

You want an FYI?  Ok, Quiroz started talking with about 6 seconds left...  I replied with a crossface.. I REPLIED WITH WRESTLING.  Then I got off of him and HE walked over to me.  I pushed him away and yes we had our words.  He was also the last person to talk in the whole disagreement.  I shook his coaches hands and went to my coaches.  It really wasn't as big of a deal as a lot of you make it..

The funny thing is, you people who are bashing me have no idea who I really am..  You haven't even spoken to me..

there is a good chance not everyone on this board will ever meet you the only way they will ever know you is by your actions on and off the mat. I'm sure not everyone is a Quiroz fan but it seems that people are starting to pull for him because of your action Not only in that match but I'm guessing others. When you are done there is a good chance you will be one of the best from the Region but you are not carrying your self like that right now.   

Are all of you guys serious.  I wasn't there but if all there was is a little pushing and words. I sure hope none of you let your children watch football. Because it happens all the time. Everyone let's there emotions get the best of them sometimes its part of being competitive I think.  Cut these kids some slack.  Good luck to both in the future

Are all of you guys serious.  I wasn't there but if all there was is a little pushing and words. I sure hope none of you let your children watch football. Because it happens all the time. Everyone let's there emotions get the best of them sometimes its part of being competitive I think.  Cut these kids some slack.  Good luck to both in the future

AMEN!

I guess since it's okay in football it should be okay in wrestling?  I was under the impression that they were different sports with different rules. 

There is no valid excuse for either kid to act like that. 

The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour.  ~Japanese Proverb

it is off topic  how does CP say it is rebuilding year when you return 2 champs a 2x medalist a SQ and 2 more  guy who were in the ticket rd and add 3 kids in Sarhoff, shurg and kral please le my school rebuild like that. What is the saying they didn't rebuild just reloaded 

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  McMurray and Quiroz are both great wrestlers! A little push, a word exchange, whatever the case was; IT IS WRESTLING! When all you do is eat, live, breath, sleep wrestling, than it tends to become your life, and sometimes when things are your life, you put a little bit more emotion into them.  The comments about McMurray's family were really uncalled for, come one folks lets act like adults and let the kids enjoy themselves! And although I am a Crown Point fan, I am a wrestling fan first, and I don't understand why McMurray has to time and time again prove himself to everyone.  He has shown, he is one of the best wrestlers from this area, he has beat people when the odds were stacked against him, and from what I've been told, he believes no goal is out of his reach. That is commendable, how about we all give him a pat on the back for all he HAS done in wrestling, instead of constantly attacking the kid.  He is an excellent wrestler, end of story. And the same goes for Quiroz, he is an excellent wrestler, who should be proud of himself for being able to give other great wrestlers a run for their money!

it is off topic  how does CP say it is rebuilding year when you return 2 champs a 2x medalist a SQ and 2 more  guy who were in the ticket rd and add 3 kids in Sarhoff, shurg and kral please le my school rebuild like that. What is the saying they didn't rebuild just reloaded 

I think it's because they have 8 new varsity wrestlers, and I think only 3 seniors.

Sort of ironic that there seems to be a lot of discussion about two high school kids when there was not one post about a parent who was totally inappropriate at the Lake County tourney last weekend and possibly injured a wrestler.  Where were all you do-gooders then?  These kids are two of the best wrestlers in the state who work their tail off all year to be the best.  I think they have earned the right to be frustrated if things don't go their way. 

Sort of ironic that there seems to be a lot of discussion about two high school kids when there was not one post about a parent who was totally inappropriate at the Lake County tourney last weekend and possibly injured a wrestler.  Where were all you do-gooders then?  These kids are two of the best wrestlers in the state who work their tail off all year to be the best.  I think they have earned the right to be frustrated if things don't go their way. 

What occured?

The event being referenced at Lake County happened after the finals match at 215.. Jack Seaman from Munster got some nearfall late in the 3rd period to win a one point match over Vlade Nacovski from Lake Central.  Immediately after the match, Vlade's father kicked a garbage can filled with trash as hard as he could.  Garbage went flying everywhere, including some bottles and things even getting onto the mat.  The garbage can hit Munster's 103 pounder Ivan Ruiz who was standing next to the mat cheering on his teammate and Ruiz was seen after that with a big icebag on his knee from an injury resulting from these actions.  Coach Wadkins from Calumet had some words with Nacovski's father, who left the gym without picking up the garbage which got onto the mat.  Later on, I did overhear that Nacovski's father apologized to Ruiz..