Jay County Sectional

Edwards (Alexandria) dec Fuller (Blk) 5-4 O.T.  quarter final round

Holcomb (Winchester) dec Fuller (Blk) 3-1  wrestle back round

Fuller (Blk) INJD over Bocanegra (Union City) for 7th place

Never thought I would see a kid place 7th at ECIC and get the #1 Seed at Sectional?

Ya, but the kid who got the two seed only placed like 4th at some tournament up north in December.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A seed is a seed... just that, it really doesn't mean a whole lot, unless your trying to set up a better bracket position.  I did not hear too many coaches complain one bit about the seeds that were discussed and agreed on by all that were present.  Most of the questionable seeds (everyone is wondering about) I am sure were strategically planned or set up.  In addition, several teams in the Jay County Sectional never see one another head to head, or have any common opponents... I think most of the coaches that were in attendance were just happy that the meeting went very smooth.  Saturday will be a fun filled, action packed day of wrestling.  Good Luck to all!

103 Walburn over Fiechter

112 Roe over Moser

119 Gerber over Batt

125 Perry over Striker

130 Fiechter over Meska

135 Faroute over Schultz

140 Schwartz over Burnfield

145 Ehr over King

152 Mahlan over Jones

160 Hankenson over Fuller

171 Stebing over Pfister

189 Thatcher over Garringer

215 Bultemeier over James

285 West over Meyer

If Union City has one thing going for them this season, it is definitely the number of posters/fans on this message board. Good luck to all at Portland tomorrow.

Union City does have fans that support their team!! I think the boys need that, it is better than not supporting them.  As far as posters/fans on this message board, I see a lot of the same names on here alot more than any of ours!  Good luck to all at sectional today :)

A few more wow's!:

119-Keuneke (BE) dec. Batt (SA) 6-3

130-Horman (BE) pinned Fiechter (SW)...Fiechter was up 3-0 in 3rd period and got caught in a headlock and pinned.

140-Busse (BE) dec. Burnfield (SA) 11-7...I'm pretty sure this was the score

160-Grogg (SW) #5 seed pinned Fuller (BLA) #1 seed

None of those really shock me that much. Bellmont always steps it up bigtime when sectionl time is here. Feichter seems to have a nag for getting put on his back while winning; anyone who was at regional last year would testify to that. He better not let it happen again in the consolations, he wouldn't want to draw Jackson first round at regional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.