Jay County Sectional

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellmont will be a favorite.  Their lineup changes from the start to right now have made a difference in this teams actions and chemistry.  South Adams and AC are very tough as well.  I think some of the matchups during this sectional will give the coaches, wrestlers and fans a day filled with excitment.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that top 3 will be Bellmont, South Adams, and Adams Central.

That is not a limb! You are standing on a tree trunk with that prediction!  ;D

What team or teams are the favorites for the this sectional?

Apparently someone has never been to the Jay County Sectional.

Starting in 1972, here are the All-Time Standings in the Adams Central/Jay County Sectional

Bellmont 35

Adams Central 3 ('79, '89, '90)

One other note: In 1979, Adams Central beat Bellmont at Sectional, and Bellmont went on to be one match away from winning a state title (losing 46-43.5).

That being said, the next time Bellmont loses sectionals, I hope it is Adams Central, because it would bring back a great rivalry that has suffered over the last decade.

i think south adams will give belmont a run for their money this year they have been wrestling pretty solid lately and were somewhat close last year i dont remember the score though this just an opinion im not saying south adams will or will not win buti have faith in them

i think south adams will give belmont a run for their money this year they have been wrestling pretty solid lately and were somewhat close last year i dont remember the score though this just an opinion im not saying south adams will or will not win buti have faith in them

1. Bellmont 299

2. South Adams 215

That was last year's Sectional Scores...not somewhat close I'd say. Probably going to be pretty much the same this year. Bellmont has more of a solid team than South Adams and Adams Central to pick up more points.

Razo,

How was your broadcast debut?

It went really well...you can go listen to the interview at www.wellscountyvoice.com and click on the Glory Days Sports Talk logo and it's right there to listen too. Starts just after the 19 minute mark.

I believe Y2 listened in tonight when it was live.

They mite give em a run but Bellmont will take it as they usually do and will go on and get put out by Yorktown in regionals.

I'll take an early shot. This is just from memory of guys that I have seen.

103-Wilson-Norwell

112-Higgins-Bluffton (maybe Roe from AC)

119-Gerber-Bluffton

125-Perry Bluffton

130-Fiechter-Southern Wells

135-Faurote-Bellmont

140-Not sure here, Burnfield from SA?

145-Ehr-SA

152-Mahlan from Bellmont or Smith from Norwell

160-Hankenson-Bellmont

171-Pfister-Bluffton

189-Thatcher-Bellmont

215-Bultemeier-Bellmont

285-Meyer-Bellmont

I will give it a shot...not sure on some of the lower weights....

119 Batt SA

125 Perry Bluffton

130 Meska JC

135 Faurote Bel

140 Schwart AC

145 Ehr SA

152 Mahlan Bel

160 Hankenson Bel

171 Pfister Bluffton

189 Thatcher Bel

215 James JC

Hwt Meyer Bel

The Jay County 215 is Matt James. He looked pretty solid at the ECIC pretty much dominating Biberstine from Southern Wells.

Biberstine was not even on my radar for advancing deep in the tournament until I saw him at Huntington a while back and he really looked good. It sounds like 215 should be pretty competitive at Jay County. I'm still going with Bultemeier. Although he didn't wrestle at the end of the year last year because of a broken bone, remember this: At the beginning of the year last year, this was Bellmont's depth chart at 189: 1. Bultemeier 2. Travis Thatcher (SQ at 189) 3. Daniel Meyer (SQ at HWT)

Higgins from Bluffton at 130 is in the mix also. Thats a deep weight class at Sectional.

Meska (JC) dec. Higgins (BL) 3-0 at ECIC

Sprunger (SA) dec. Higgins (BL) 7-5

not sure about Horman and Higgins match?

I beat Higgins 6-4 at ECIC.    What are my chances of making it out of sectionals?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.