Chesterton Duals

stateorbust

First duel Munster vs Elkart Memorial tied 28 - 28, last match Corpe vs Surma. Corpe gets hit with three stalling calls from bottom, third call ties the match at 7-7 going into OT. Surma gets the takedown in OT to win 9-7 and a 31-28 win for Munster. WHOA!!!!!!

First duel Munster vs Elkart Memorial tied 28 - 28, last match Corpe vs Surma. Corpe gets hit with three stalling calls from bottom, third call ties the match at 7-7 going into OT. Surma gets the takedown in OT to win 9-7 and a 31-28 win for Munster. WHOA!!!!!!

Sometimes the best thing that can happen to a team, or senior, is a loss right out of the gate.  It makes you shed that feeling that your 'bullet proof', or that your going to walk-through the season.  My senior year I lost the second match of the season and it completely changed my attitude.  I realized that I still had to earn my way to state, nobody cares that it's your last season but you...

Sometimes the best thing that can happen to a team, or senior, is a loss right out of the gate.  It makes you shed that feeling that your 'bullet proof', or that your going to walk-through the season.  My senior year I lost the second match of the season and it completely changed my attitude.  I realized that I still had to earn my way to state, nobody cares that it's your last season but you...

Couldn't be more true.

The Corpse- Surma match was absolutely ruined by the official. I have been around wrestling for decades,  I don't think I have ever seen an official so blatant in his one-sided calls. The stall warning,point, next point, and the two point call came quickly one after the other as Corpe wrestled against Surma's legs-in attack. I am all for making a wrestler compete against the legs...but these calls were ridiculous. The official seemed determined to give Surma a chance in overtime.   I was there to watch Chesterton, and had so personal interest in the match.  Munster fans that were present...Can you honestly say this match was fairly officiated??

The Corpse- Surma match was absolutely ruined by the official. I have been around wrestling for decades,  I don't think I have ever seen an official so blatant in his one-sided calls. The stall warning,point, next point, and the two point call came quickly one after the other as Corpe wrestled against Surma's legs-in attack. I am all for making a wrestler compete against the legs...but these calls were ridiculous. The official seemed determined to give Surma a chance in overtime.   I was there to watch Chesterton, and had so personal interest in the match.  Munster fans that were present...Can you honestly say this match was fairly officiated??

Obviously you have to assume the official was looking for some change in behavior/effort from the bottom wrestler after a stalling warning and it didn't happen.  What the official is looking for in that situation is if the bottom man is aggressively working to make an honest attempt for escape or reversal.  Often a stalemate will be called indicating a lack of action before a stalling call is made.

I wasn't there, but I agree.  It must have been a very unusual situation with the bottom man simply balling up for the ENTIRE 2 MINUTES, or some very creative officiating to get the warning & 4 pts. in one period with no stalemate for the leg ride  ???  Anyone that has wrestled a good leg rider knows that once there in there isn't a whole lot you can do with a break.  Either way, there is only one way for a senior to respond.  I wish Corpe all the best of luck.  I'll be cheering for you even harder now.

Bad coaching.. should have kept him on his feet..Never expected so many stalling calls.. Especially when Corpe tripoded up and tried to pick the leg out and fell back down and got zinged.. It was ugly, but Corpe showed maturity and took it like a man.. or inmate.. however you look at it.  I agree on the officiating.. I have never seen an official look at the clock so much in my career during a match.. oh well.. lots of days to get ready for Conseco.

Bad coaching.. should have kept him on his feet..Never expected so many stalling calls.. Especially when Corpe tripoded up and tried to pick the leg out and fell back down and got zinged.. It was ugly, but Corpe showed maturity and took it like a man.. or inmate.. however you look at it.  I agree on the officiating.. I have never seen an official look at the clock so much in my career during a match.. oh well.. lots of days to get ready for Conseco.

Actually that was Corpe's decision to go on the mat.  He told his coach he wanted to go down and his coach disagreed, but he chose to anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.