Question for the Wise One(aka TAE)

Y2CJ41

Two questions along these same lines:

1.  What was the highest weight that a 4-time semifinalist placed in as a freshman?

2.  What was the highest weight that a 4-time state placer placed in as a freshman?

My guess to #1  would be 167-Palmer.  I would also guess that Palmer may be the answer to #2. 

You probably have the right answer buscowrestling.  I should have limited the criteria to the last 50 years.  Back when Estell Ritter wrestled, the state brackets were a lot smaller than in the modern era.

AJ you beat me to it. Yes Ian Spearman from Southport was a 4-time qualifier at 215. I think he placed twice. He was a true gentleman and a great competitior. He was the only non-fall registered by DJ Radnovich in his state championship season losing only 4-3 at the semi state in Seymour.

AJ you beat me to it. Yes Ian Spearman from Southport was a 4-time qualifier at 215. I think he placed twice. He was a true gentleman and a great competitior. He was the only non-fall registered by DJ Radnovich in his state championship season losing only 4-3 at the semi state in Seymour.

I must have forgot it was Spearman but I remember the Radnovich semi-final well as I sat mat-side for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.