Alex vs. Jason

Or we could just let Jason make his own path in life.

Thank You Drooke. I don't think Jason needs Alexs shadow. Jason is an absolute pleasure to watch on the mat. Artistry in motion.

Come on guys just a topic to talk about! Jason will absolutlely make is own path in wrestling and as far as that goes I think Jason is better at this point. I apologize if I offended anyone with this topic but it looks to me as if Jason is handling the pressure of being Alex's little bro very well.   

Alex had beaten Metcalf around this point in his career--one of the last to do so before college. Both are amazing wrestlers and I personally believe that Jason will benefit from alex's experiences. The sky is the limit for Jason but let's not forget how dominant Alex was in-state and nationally.

Couldn't say and wouldn't want to.  The comparisons are inevitable and Jason will have to deal with this for the duration of his career, unfortunately for him.  Jason will make his own mark.  All the best to him on a great start and possibly a very bright future.

I'm not taking anything away from Alex, but he didn't beat anyone of Cashe's caliber his freshman year.

I agree.  That was my first thought when the question was first asked as to who was better as a freshman.

Much respect to both the Alex and Jason, the turning point I think was Jason's 1st year at schoolboy duals he lost a couple of matches you could tell after that he flipped a switch no one could touch him, at freestyle state last year I saw  something that made me a believer Brandon Wright vs. Jason for you who saw it you know what I am talking about, complete domination by Jason both periods. I have never seen Brandon get dominated that much in a match and I have watched him since he was in the second grade. Good luck to Jason and his family on the rest of his wrestling career it should be fun to watch!!

Alex had beaten Metcalf around this point in his career--one of the last to do so before college. Both are amazing wrestlers and I personally believe that Jason will benefit from alex's experiences. The sky is the limit for Jason but let's not forget how dominant Alex was in-state and nationally.

When and where did Alex beat Metcalf?  Fargo Cadets maybe?  I believe Metcalf handled him rather comfortably in the finals at JR. nationals when Alex was a sr and Metcalf a jr.

I believe it was the summer after 8th grade. I'm not exactly sure myself, I just know it was around that time. Metcalf beat Alex like 5-0 when they were Cadets. It's kind of hard to find older results sometimes.

Alex wrestled in offseason tourneys in HS with Teyon Ware, D. Schlatter, Lang, et al. It's pretty hard to compare his results to Jason's thus far. It seems kind of demeaning to each of them. Alex is obviously among a small group of the best ever from the state. Jason is working hard to get into that group, too.

I believe it was the summer after 8th grade. I'm not exactly sure myself, I just know it was around that time. Metcalf beat Alex like 5-0 when they were Cadets. It's kind of hard to find older results sometimes.

Alex wrestled in offseason tourneys in HS with Teyon Ware, D. Schlatter, Lang, et al. It's pretty hard to compare his results to Jason's thus far. It seems kind of demeaning to each of them. Alex is obviously among a small group of the best ever from the state. Jason is working hard to get into that group, too.

He beat him in this tournament in 2002 Fila Cadet I think the score was 9-0 Tsirtsis.

1st - Eric Tannenbaum (Naperville, Ill.) dec. Alex Tsirtsis (Griffith, Ind.), 4-3 ot

3rd - Brent Metcalf (Davison, Mich.) dec. Isaiah Britton (Williamsport, Penn.), 10-9

5th - Anthony Constantino (Kirtland, Ohio) dec. Donald Ooton (Lafayette, Virg.), 7-3

Tsirtsis lost twice in 2004 3-1 and 5-1 (fargo)

Also saw this at the same tournament

54 kg

1st - Angel Escobedo (Griffith, Ind.) dec. Travis Lang (Bismark, ND), 8-2

3rd - Dustin Schlatter (Ohio) dec. Anthony Burke (Poquoson, Virg.), 10-1

5th - Jose Escobedo (Griffith, Ind.) dec. Eric Hoffman (Davenport, Ia.), 11-6

I don't remember if Escobedo wrestled Schlatter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.