TEAM STATE!!!

Hillbilly JIM

Almost all wrestlers at Individual state wrestle sooooo conserative it is almost boring.  That is smart for the individual series.  But alot of those wrestlers open up their offense at team state where bonus points are critical.  Everyone said that all Blake Maurer did was block and counter.  Most of them only saw him at state.  The fact that he broke the state record for career take downs and just about every offensive record at MD says otherwise.  Wrestlers at team state have a tendency to let it all hang out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all wrestlers at Individual state wrestle sooooo conserative it is almost boring.  That is smart for the individual series.  But alot of those wrestlers open up their offense at team state where bonus points are critical.   Everyone said that all Blake Maurer did was block and counter.  Most of them only saw him at state.  The fact that he broke the state record for career take downs and just about every offensive record at MD says otherwise.  Wrestlers at team state have a tendency to let it all hang out.

I totally agree... many work for a decent lead and protect it not wanting to put themselves in comprimising positions.  I dont think its boring though..

I don't know who caliwrestler92 is, but he certainly does not speak for the coachs and team at Perry Meridian. Beating a Mater Dei team, any Mater Dei team is an enormous accomplishment and should not be diminished. Castle's schedule is strong and their kids are tough (see 8 state finalists). Cali, we appreciate your support, but it is unwise to look past Bellmont, dismiss Castle and already be planning a victory party over Mishawaka. Follow Teddy's advice: walk softly and carry a big stick!

I don't know who caliwrestler92 is, but he certainly does not speak for the coachs and team at Perry Meridian. Beating a Mater Dei team, any Mater Dei team is an enormous accomplishment and should not be diminished. Castle's schedule is strong and their kids are tough (see 8 state finalists). Cali, we appreciate your support, but it is unwise to look past Bellmont, dismiss Castle and already be planning a victory party over Mishawaka. Follow Teddy's advice: walk softly and carry a big stick!

Glad that you said that Thorton.  It is always very bothersome to many people especially coaches when a poster from their school has negative things to say about another program.  

I'm surprised Crown Point is getting the most win votes.  If they get by Roncalli, they will have a tough time with the winner of Mishawaka-Cathederal.  Especially Mishawaka, I don't think they match up very well against them.  there are two very crucial weighht classes should they happen to meet in the semi-finals

All I want to say is Delphi matches up very well with Castle so they need to win the first 2 rounds before you can put them in the finals!!!

no need to worry. Castle has been focusin all week on Delphi. They haven't looked one match past

All I want to say is Delphi matches up very well with Castle so they need to win the first 2 rounds before you can put them in the finals!!!

no need to worry. Castle has been focusin all week on Delphi. They haven't looked one match past

Looking forward to the brawl!!!!

Mater Dei they did not have anyone this year except Simms, but we will see tomorrow I just had to stick up for the Team my heart is with. It just kills me how everyone is counting Perry out-thats alright though. If Perry had Castles schedual everyone on the team would of had about 40 or more wins. I do see Sampson pinning Harper again expecially if he gets on top with Harpers shoulder, I think 152 Wood and 189 Richards pulls off wins this time it will be the difference   

okay here is my 2 cents.. yes the match was decided by 4 points but harper got pinned. that absolutely will not happen and he most likely will want that match if it does happen more than anything, seeing it would also be the last match of his hs career. another thing is mish. didnt wrestle a 103 that entire day if im not mistaken. if they didnt there is 6 free points, i dont necessarily feel that mish will get points from it but they most likely wont get 6 out of it again. furthermore mishawaka has all eyes focused on cathedral so this is all speculation. good luck to all teams, especially the cavemen.

I am not saying any one is overlooking Bellmont I am just as excited as the rest of you fans, and speaking my mind like the rest of the fans on here .I think Perry's schedual was harder sorry if you do not agree ,It is a great accomplishment to be there congrats to all excpecially Roncalli what a turn around. Someone needed to represent by speaking up for the Team I am pulling for If I said to much sorry. Good Luck to All how about Perry vs. Roncalli in the finals ;) or is that going to offend someone to. This is a site to express thoughts and I have done that. Much respect to all. 

The Castle - Delphi dual will be a good one that is for sure!  Much respect to both programs!

Excellent advice for all.

The Castle - Delphi dual will be a good one that is for sure!  Much respect to both programs!

Ditto!  I can't wait to see the Knights and the Oracles!!!! 

I am going with Cathedral, but I am wouldn't be surprised if Mishawaka or Crown Point got the two victories to make it to the finals.

Though I think Perry wrestled bad this weekend, Castle didn't impress at all.  Bottom bracket has 4 teams who could make it to the finals.

I am reasonably sure Perry and Castle are heartbroken that you are not impressed with their performances and feel the need to state the obvious that any of the 4 teams in their bracket can make the finals.   Here is a news flash for you, Any of the 4 teams in the top of the bracket can make it also. 

Like it or not, these are the 8 best teams in the state this year (according to the system we have in place).   

Let the kids decide this on the mat...

What a strange reaction to a perfectly reasonable observation

Mater Dei they did not have anyone this year except Simms, but we will see tomorrow I just had to stick up for the Team my heart is with. It just kills me how everyone is counting Perry out-thats alright though. If Perry had Castles schedual everyone on the team would of had about 40 or more wins. I do see Sampson pinning Harper again expecially if he gets on top with Harpers shoulder, I think 152 Wood and 189 Richards pulls off wins this time it will be the difference   

WOW - Mater Dei doesn't have anyone this year excepts Sims. Thank god MD was able to go 20-1 on the year giving up 13 forfiets everytime, Sims must get a lot of bonus points everytime he wrestles.

We all know Castle is really stinkin it up at Team State. They only beat Delphi 43-9 and are beating PM and taking it right down to the wire.

Cali - I'm not sure what you do, but I would suggest you give up forecasting things, cause you are really bad at.

WOW - Mater Dei doesn't have anyone this year excepts Sims. Thank god MD was able to go 20-1 on the year giving up 13 forfiets everytime, Sims must get a lot of bonus points everytime he wrestles.

We all know Castle is really stinkin it up at Team State. They only beat Delphi 43-9 and are beating PM and taking it right down to the wire.

Cali - I'm not sure what you do, but I would suggest you give up forecasting things, cause you are really bad at.

Ok..I know lightning will strike me dead for this - But for once I agree with you...cali is clueless...

Ok..I know lightning will strike me dead for this - But for once I agree with you...cali is clueless...

Bluebolt - I hit you with a Wahoo......I'm surprised you only have agreed with me once??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.