Was Harper hyped up a bit too much this year??

dmorris2226

Only a handful of Indiana wrestlers in history have accomplished as much as Harper. He didn't fail to win a 4th titLe because he was overhyped; a torn labrum is no joke. It basically eliminates the ability to lift the affected arm. In a way, this year's performance is his most impressive.

Only a handful of Indiana wrestlers in history have accomplished as much as Harper. He didn't fail to win a 4th titLe because he was overhyped; a torn labrum is no joke. It basically eliminates the ability to lift the affected arm. In a way, this year's performance is his most impressive.

Agreed 100%...To wrestle at the level he has this year totally healthy is fantastic...But with his injury and to be this successful is a true statement of this young man's ability and toughness!

dmorris

I do not post much, but I visit often. Your comments are an embarrassment and you look like a fool. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. That this kid wrestled this year at all with this type of injury is a testament to his character and desire. Most of us have known about his shoulder all year, where you been?

Congradulations Joshua Harper. Four time semi-finalist, three time champ. Winner.

Harper wrestled all season with a huge target on his back.  All the best wrestlers in and around his weight class made it a point to "take a shot" at him this year.  He was the benchmark for how good the other kids were this year...impressive, I'd say!!!!

This is a view from a Perry Meridian supporter. Harper is a class act and has been for many years. Hate when we wrestle against him, love watching him wrestle others. I believe Josh probably continued to wrestle after the injury to help his TEAM. He has had a fantastic High school career and to consider a young man that has 3 State Championships over rated is probably a topic that was not thought out very well before it was posted.  But everyone will forgive you ;D

A 3 time returning state champ, with one loss in his entire career before this season....Hmmm, I am wondering why anyone would want to write some well deserved positive comments about such a person. I mean 3 time champs are growing up around here all the time. In fact maybe we ought to just stop giving out 1st place medals since so many kids are doing what Mr. Harper has done. This has to be the dumbest question I have ever heard on this board. In fact to call this a dumb question is an insult to all other dumb questions in the history of dumb questions. Dmorris2226 you need to stop and think before you do yourself or others real harm.

Whast was his record 160 something and 4. The 4 losses coming this year I do believe his shoulder had something to do with it. But who knows he still did a great job this year.

Actually he has 5 loses he lost once to someone from Bellmont at team state. Still very impressive career. No hype about it a great wrestler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.