Q. Richey DQ

Onthemat

Not suprised. He is really a good wrestler but unfortunately he is creating quite a name for himself. I have seen some less than honorable wrestling by this kid myself. Usually when it is a close match or he is frustrated. Too bad.

LOOKOUT SEITZ!!

Not suprised. He is really a good wrestler but unfortunately he is creating quite a name for himself. I have seen some less than honorable wrestling by this kid myself. Usually when it is a close match or he is frustrated. Too bad.

LOOKOUT SEITZ!!

It's no worries...Andrew Seitz has 6 fingers on each hand...So he has spares... 

;)

LOOKOUT SEITZ!!

I have to ,at the Bloomington regional. The coach, parents need to make these things a learning moment for this kid. Again he goes to the ugly? Defending these ugly actions is  no help to this young man.

Nice job Seitz! Count your digits make sure you have them all.

Yep ... 10 fingers and 3 thumbs   

;D

Great Job Andrew!!!!

I agree. awesome job, kiddo! Wayto come back for revenge! Good luck next week at Team State. You'll all need it!

At one point Richey didn't get ahold of all four fingures when he was pulling the arm in.  Because of that one of Egolf's fingures in particular got pulled back hard and it broke or was dislocated I'm not sure which.  Injury time expired and Quincy was DQed since it was an illegal move.   From what I saw I would not say it was done out of frustration or to purposely cause injury.  He did pull on the fingures hard and since he didn't grasp all of them that was the end result.  This is exactly why the rule is in place that you need to at least grab all 4 fingures when pulling the arm in.

Does this kid have a history of these types of problems?  Some posts have alluded to prior incidents.  I for one do not believe things like breaking fingers by pulling on them are accidents very often, unlike losing control when taking a kid back to the mat. 

At one point Richey didn't get ahold of all four fingures when he was pulling the arm in.  Because of that one of Egolf's fingures in particular got pulled back hard and it broke or was dislocated I'm not sure which.  Injury time expired and Quincy was DQed since it was an illegal move.   From what I saw I would not say it was done out of frustration or to purposely cause injury.  He did pull on the fingures hard and since he didn't grasp all of them that was the end result.  This is exactly why the rule is in place that you need to at least grab all 4 fingures when pulling the arm in.

He was not DQ'd.......

Pulling back the finger was determined to be an illegal hold, the injured wrestler could not continue after the two minute recovery time, and because the injured wrestler could not continue due to the illegal hold he was awarded the match by injury default. Although he lost the match he was not disqualified from further competition. Had the act been determined to be purposeful, he would have been assessed a penalty for flagrant misconduct and would have been disqualified from any further competition. He also would have had to sit out his first match next season.

Both the wrestler and the coaching staff accepted their penalty in a professional manner and without question  :)

It is a shame, Richey is a true Quality Opponent for whomever he faces.  I think we have all had matches where the "four fingers" rule was inadvertantly broken.  I can't tell you how many times I looked for hand control and ended up with one, two, or three fingers instead of the four I needed.

On that note, I am REALLY happy Andrew Seitz avenged his Semi State loss to Richey this weekend!  Great job Andrew!

He was not DQ'd.......

Pulling back the finger was determined to be an illegal hold, the injured wrestler could not continue after the two minute recovery time, and because the injured wrestler could not continue due to the illegal hold he was awarded the match by injury default. Although he lost the match he was not disqualified from further competition. Had the act been determined to be purposeful, he would have been assessed a penalty for flagrant misconduct and would have been disqualified from any further competition. He also would have had to sit out his first match next season.

Both the wrestler and the coaching staff accepted their penalty in a professional manner and without question  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.