State Finals Preview 171-Heavyweight

Y2CJ41

Might as well just not invite the Evansville Semi-State to even come to Conseco.  All you Northerners (most of the people on this board) are completely counting the southern part of the state out of it already.  No way a kid like Alex Johns can beat the big, bad 119's from the north right?  Ridiculous.  Wait and see!!

Might as well just not invite the Evansville Semi-State to even come to Conseco.  All you Northerners (most of the people on this board) are completely counting the southern part of the state out of it already.  No way a kid like Alex Johns can beat the big, bad 119's from the north right?  Ridiculous.  Wait and see!!

bstunt3.jpg

There on too us fellas....better go  start a conspiracy elsewhere.

The experts, and I use that term loosely in refering to me, have Johns at almost a consensus third place finisher behind two previous state champs.  How is picking him third counting him out or ridiculous?

Most people picked Wright over Johns... Due to the fact that Wright has been a state champ and a runner another year... I am from the south, and yes we have alot of good individuals but we will not have as many state champs as Merriville or NC.  But i do think there will be alot of state placewinners from the EVILLE SS.

Fine, Johns was a bad example then.  What about Robison at 215?  Or Zenthoefer at 145? Or Sims being in the finals at 140? Again, most of your pick-em's have these guys losing to people from the "northern" semi-states even though these guys have much better records!  It's a northern bias on this board.  That's all I'm saying.  And if you think it gets old for nobody from the south stepping up it's just because they'll just get crap for picking kids from down here by all the northern folk.  With that said, I'm done.  It'll all be settled on the mat this weekend!

As the representative for the southern half on those predictions  "sly southern"... I did put Robinson in the finals.... Also had Sims getting 3rd ... And I did not think that Zenthoefer would beat Corpe...  I think Eville has a CHANCE to win 119 160 171 215.  

How much crap have we evil northerners given you about your picks?

Fine, Johns was a bad example then.  What about Robison at 215?  Or Zenthoefer at 145? Or Sims being in the finals at 140? Again, most of your pick-em's have these guys losing to people from the "northern" semi-states even though these guys have much better records!  It's a northern bias on this board.  That's all I'm saying.  And if you think it gets old for nobody from the south stepping up it's just because they'll just get crap for picking kids from down here by all the northern folk.  With that said, I'm done.  It'll all be settled on the mat this weekend!

I don't want to make this sound like I am taking anything away from the South, but the North has more depth. The South has their studs and they deserve recognition, but the North also has their studs and a great amount of depth in each weight class. Therefore the reason some of those Southern studs records are better is because they are not wrestling the same level of competition day in and day out. Look at the region you have schools with tons of studs beating up on each other so of course records are not going to be spotless. I don?t think is technically a bias just an observation by some.

The South has Dominated everything for 10 years or better , and you are correct in saying that the north is the new sheriff in town  , but where are we going to draw the line thru the middle of the state.  Lets say Indy and everything South of that..  Count your cahmps now? 

Southerners, have we not learned our HISTORY lesson from the CIVIL WAR? Us and them will never mix. Let's not fight another war over nickels and pennies. Let's go to Conseco and root our guys on. This back-and-forth with the guru's is no use. I learned this a loooong time ago. In the word's of the wise and knowledgeable Kenny Rogers......." you got to know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em......"

Good luck to ALL.

Look for some noise to be made from the "Baby Face" Drake Stein at Conseco this weekend. This kid has been under rated all year long going into tournaments. I seen him tonight at my boy's elementary dual meet and he looks focused and ready!

Best of luck to all the southern boys!

dont you think the picks are effected by whom you see more. it makes sense to me that the more you see of a wrestler the more you may be impressed by them and if you have only seen another wrestler once or not at all scores probable will not be that impressive. i know it was hard to figure out the evansville wrestlers because i have not seen them and did not have many scores to go by. one wrestler beating another means little to me but, when i at least have the score such as a maj. or fall that paints an entirely different picture of that wrestler to me.

i would like to thank all of the "experts" for there work. good job. it was some very interesting reading. i found out alot if info on several wrestlers i knew nothing about. i didn't change my picks because, like i have been told go with your first instinct. besides my picks didn't look toooo bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.