160 - Matt Todd, powell

171 - Michael Duckworth

215 baker

285- chaflant

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand there are good wrestlers on terrible teams. I listed some in my own statement. I'm just saying if you have more teams that are better that means there are going to be more wrestlers that are better.  If Myers has been beating him for years then why was Meyers not in the state finals? Hawkins has handled a lot of kids cept at state, and did he handle him last year at state? Draws mean a lot and sometimes guys just lose. Cashe ran from who? Cashe has wrestled and beat the best this year.  Already bumped up and beat Harper. Also I didn't see Harper lacing up the shoes at Tricoff to wrestle him during their dual cuz I bet you anything Cashe would have def bumped up then to.  If we are basing it all on individuals then I'm pretty sure NC SS tied for most ranked wrestlers along with Eville.  With having the #1 in the state 103 out. Anyone can win. There is noway to pick who has the toughest until after state.

to be fair myers had a torn acl, would runyen have placed(or wrestled) with a torn acl?

Guest KoKo B-Ware

chalfant is beatable but i think people over look him because he is from a very small school.

small schools seem to get the wrap for not wrestling anyone...that isn't necessarily true.

I could be wrong but didn't Chalfant only have one loss last year? That being to Chico in the finals. I cna understand how you can overlook a someone from a small school, or one that gets little notice, but to overlook last years runner-up? I think people jsut want their guy to win, which is understandable. If I was a betting man my money would be on Chalfant.

I'm all for the Merrillville Semi State. Being from the Region but I don't think these guys are locks. I was at the Tricoff and Hawkins didn't handle Nelson He beat him worse last year at the Tricoff this year it was a 1 or 2 point match with Nelson on his legs at the end. Merrillville could produce alot of Champs but puting our selfs out there like this makes us seem arrogant

I'm all for the Merrillville Semi State. Being from the Region but I don't think these guys are locks. I was at the Tricoff and Hawkins didn't handle Nelson He beat him worse last year at the Tricoff this year it was a 1 or 2 point match with Nelson on his legs at the end. Merrillville could produce alot of Champs but puting our selfs out there like this makes us seem arrogant

it wasnt us it was that1guy, i dont think anyone has agreed with him

it wasnt us it was that1guy, i dont think anyone has agreed with him

But I think he might be right ;)

It is hard to pick a Crown Point kid to win a title when is the Last time CP had a Champ. They could have 5(Hawkins, Tsirtsis, Meyers, Shrewsbury and Roach) I wouldn't say any where a lock

The last time CP had a state champ was Kent Swinehart in 1975.  Vlink will get his first champ this year, maybe a couple.

Myers (CP) couldn't bend his leg last year with the full leg brace he had to wear because of his torn ACL.  Myers took 4th in the state last year with a torn ACL!  Myers had 4-6 losses last season all to Andrew Howe!

Chico Adams literally escaped losing to Fitzgerald in the semi-finals last year at state!  Adams 1-0 over Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald has only been taken down 4 times in his high school career!!!!!

There is only a handful of wrestlers from around the state that could survive the Merrillville Semi-State!  Every year because of a lack of wrestle-backs the Merrillville Semi-state leaves wrestlers home that would win most of the Semi-states from around the state!

Myers (CP) couldn't bend his leg last year with the full leg brace he had to wear because of his torn ACL.  Myers took 4th in the state last year with a torn ACL!  Myers had 4-6 losses last season all to Andrew Howe!

Chico Adams literally escaped losing to Fitzgerald in the semi-finals last year at state!  Adams 1-0 over Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald has only been taken down 4 times in his high school career!!!!!

There is only a handful of wrestlers from around the state that could survive the Merrillville Semi-State!  Every year because of a lack of wrestle-backs the Merrillville Semi-state leaves wrestlers home that would win most of the Semi-states from around the state!

Myers was 5th but is still tough with a tore ACL

So...what's your point?

Da region is arrogant, but as someone once said, "if you can do it, it aint bragging". Until another area of the state replaces Da Region in producing more state champs, then they have earned the right to boast a bit about their accomplishments.

Kind of reminds me of the 1982 3A State Football Championship when the Hobart news paper ran a headline that stated "Where the Heck Is Castle????"  (or something like that)

Well that was the year Castle won it's  first state championship in football... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.