Team State

niceshot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mish. is like A-Rod; Win at all costs, even if you have to bring kids in from other schools!

Mishawaka just dismissed a top-ranked wrestler from the team on the eve of Regionals, knowing full well that the dismissal may cost them the State Championship.  That doesn't sound like a program that wants to win at all costs. 

Again, Mishawaka lost a good westler and gained one so it's a wash.

A wash? Im thinkin thats a little over the top wrestling varsity is not jv or the room. Also will Beck be allowed back next year or will he need to finish up at Penn?

The first match Castle lost several 1 or 2 point matches. The second time Castle won those matches.

Castle also has Seitz back from injury.  I am sure that had something to do with things.

No one wrestler is the key to the Castle Team.  Andrews return to the mats was a boost in someways, but Zacks time at 130 was VERY productive also.  Either of these kids can win the big matches.

The biggest factor is they WRESTLED the second time.  The first time I am not sure what to call it...

That is a group of kids that have focused very well...I hope they don't lose sight of it.  We still haven't seen their best wrestling yet though!!!!

I think Castle has an excellent chance of winning it all. They are very strong from 130 thru 215, with the only weak spot being 160, and he finished 2nd in the regional. They are also strong at 112. The only weight were I feel they are weak, is 103. So I think Castle will present match-up problems for any team they wrestle. I saw Castle early in the year, and I must say, they have improved dramatically. They appear to be peaking at the right time. In the Mater Dei-Castle regional match, Castle won at 140 (4-2), 152 (7-6 OT), 160 (6-5), and 172 (7-6). Those were close matches, but Castle found a way to win each one. So Mater Dei isn't exactly chopped liver. I have to agree that Mater Dei isn't as strong as they've been in years past, but I don't feel that they don't wrestle anyone as Fabio Jr. posted. I think the team state finals will be intersting. I will drive up just to see if Castle can pull it off.

Castle?  Don't base your decision on what you have seen in the past, Castle is a very good team (getting better all the time) and if they wrestle like they did last wed. they are very capable of winning it all. They are very solid at all weight classes, as team duals go and have motivated coaches which helps. Coach Harmon, and Coach Brown you had them prepaired once so get them ready one more time and I firmly believe you guys will bring home the State Championship. It will not be easy, but nothing worth winning is. This Castle team from what I have seen is made up of hard working kids and coaches who beleive in them and parents who support them, you cannot ask more from a program, and I truly wish them the best of luck and hope they bring home a State Championship to Southern Indiana, or Paradise as they say. Good Luck men give 110% and be proud you are representing the southern part of the state. Best wishes, Zach Henderson's Dad. Rich

The saying that rings in my ears everytime I hear people start railing on about how much of a LOCK someone is for something is:

[move] "Only a fool underestimates his opponent" [/move]

At this stage of the game, there are NO easy matches. 

Sorry I got carried away, my vote goes to Castle, Team Champions. They Beat my team MD and MD was ranked 2nd or 3rd, if Castle wrestles to thier ability or above which I believe they are capable,  they will be the champs. With that said they have to have a performance like they had last wed. and I beleive they are capable of it. Best of luck men, do what you are capable of, we all know you have it in you, now lets get it done. Best Wishes  

Running Trails! MD wreasteld a brutal schedual again this year, dont let that interfeer with your decision. Castle just so happens to be that good and don't take nothing away from them. I would never use that excuse nor should you, MD had a great year and I'm extreamly proud of them, they showed alot of heart being a young team and will build on this season, just trying to give credit where crediit is due. Best of luck to all the wrestlers in southern Indiana.

Only at MD can you consider a 15+ record and 1 loss a down season!   I think Castle has the ability to make some noise at Team State and represent this area well.  Looking at matches..MD revenged 3 losses on Saturday from the Wed Loss.  This means Md and Castle are neck and neck.  If Castle can keep their momentum after individual state, they will be top contenders.  Their team has never had to practice this long and I hope they keep their same steam.    As an MD wrestling alum...I will respectfully cheer for Castle(As I'm sure they have cheered for us in years past?)  and wish them the best of luck!!

MD Alum

Hunter 57,

Let's add that with MD avenging 3 losses from Team Region, Castle was able to avenge 2 that they lost 152,285.  Hard to believe these two schools wrestled two lopsided duels this year.  Hard to believe anyone would say MD wrestled a weak schedule and is not that good?  Merriville would disagree.

SIAC is definately capable of producing some winners and i have no doubt Castle can win it all. They always wrestle to their ability. I wrestled with most of the team in Jr High or in High School and they are all hard wrestlers. And i wouldn't worry about them getting worn out by practice because Harmon's policy is everyone wrestles and practice until everyone is eliminated from the tournament. My junior year everyone practiced  the last day until state just because Caleb Schmitt was still in it. The room was there giving him the atmosphere and the work that he needed. And he won it all at 135lbs but anyone in the room couldve been ready, none of us had missed a day of practice

Hunter 57,

It was  easy to recognize you were a MD fan by your reference about 3 matches swinging in MD favor and leading people to believe you would have won with the outcome of those matches on Saturday.  I am only pointing out to everyone that it would have only got the score to Castle 26 MD 19.  I have always cheered on MD at individual and team state.  Hard not to go with a program with tradition and class. 

I appreciate the kind and supportive words of the Mater Dei fans. 

The true class of a program is not displayed in victory, but in how it handles a bitter defeat.  The Castle faithful, of which I am one, have choked down that same pill for many years, so we DO understand the wide range of emotions that come with falling just short of the intended goal.  This given year the role are reversed.

I am truly grateful to those of you who have offered your sincere support and congradulations.  As always there are those who will deal with defeat in an aggressive manner, and even though it is distasteful, I think we all understand it in some way.

What will Team State hold for the Castle Knights?  All we know is Round One will be against Delphi.  Anyone over looking Delphi is most likely going to have a REALLY short day in this tourney.  They have obviously earned their place at the table.  They have also sent 9 individuals along to the Individual Semi State in an area known for producing quality wrestlers.  Over looking ANYONE is ALWAYS a mistake. 

Having said that, I am sure Castle will be ready to Wrestle.  Focus on THEIR matches and not get caught up in all the B.S. 

This is truly a special group of young men who I know will continue to improve with each and every second on the mat. 

Our support as fans will only help them on their journey.

Thank You Fans of "The REAL Region"!!!!

Running Trails! MD wreasteld a brutal schedual again this year, dont let that interfeer with your decision. Castle just so happens to be that good and don't take nothing away from them. I would never use that excuse nor should you, MD had a great year and I'm extreamly proud of them, they showed alot of heart being a young team and will build on this season, just trying to give credit where crediit is due. Best of luck to all the wrestlers in southern Indiana.

SWASHBUCKLER, I'm having trouble understanding your reply to my post. I don't think I mentioned in any way at all that MD wrestled a weak schedule. I saw every match MD wrestled this year, and I know how tough the teams they wrestled were. I typically travel to Cincinnati for the SWOWCA tournament, and talk about brutal, and St. Louis can be a meatgrinder. I'm not sure what excuse you think I used in my post. I sure don't see one. My point was this, Mater Dei isn't chopped liver and Castle beat them. Therefore, Castle must be given all the respect that they deserve. This is the best Castle team ever, and they have an excellent chance of winning it all. I for one, will be at Center Grove rooting for them.

SWASHBUCKLER, I'm having trouble understanding your reply to my post. I don't think I mentioned in any way at all that MD wrestled a weak schedule. I saw every match MD wrestled this year, and I know how tough the teams they wrestled were. I typically travel to Cincinnati for the SWOWCA tournament, and talk about brutal, and St. Louis can be a meatgrinder. I'm not sure what excuse you think I used in my post. I sure don't see one. My point was this, Mater Dei isn't chopped liver and Castle beat them. Therefore, Castle must be given all the respect that they deserve. This is the best Castle team ever, and they have an excellent chance of winning it all. I for one, will be at Center Grove rooting for them.

Beers on me Running Trails!!  As long as we dont have to run trails after we drink them...LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.