Where are they now? With Jeremy Hart

Y2CJ41

http://www.indianamat.com/where-are-they-now-with-jeremy-hart/2009/01/

Check out the new series we are starting.  If you know of anyone that would be a great person for this feature get ahold of me and we can do everything we can to get that person interviewed.  Thanks to starsaw(aka Corey Sparks) for the first one.

There was a question on the old boards about seven years ago, when a poster, who I can?t remember his name stated that he was looking through an old ISWA tournament program and seen a picture of Jeremy Hart as an Indiana Triple Crown Winner and wanted to know what ever happened to him?  Now you have your answers?.

By the way, Jeremy came back last year and put on a three day intensive training camp for our kids.  It was a great camp and he told me recently that he would like to come back this summer?Now that we have one camp under our belt, we feel a little more comfortable opening it up to the public.  You can check our website after the season for future camp opportunities.

"If the high schools in a state really wish to maximize the opportunities for their athlete?s to compete at the collegiate level, they will ensure them maximum exposure. Sure, a single class system results in one state champion. That may give that individual something to brag about, but it does little for the overall good of wrestling in the state."- Jeremy Hart

This statement helps sway my own thoughts on class wrestling...It would really be hard to see our current state finals get changed...it's so awesome now, but I have to agree with exposure!

I have always liked the idea of team class (2 or 3 classes) to help promote the sport.  For example if you have 3 classes 3 times the amount of sectional, regional, semi-state and state champions.  This will help promote wrestling inside the school.  More kids will want to compete to be a part of something great. 

I love having 1 individual state champ however; I believe it would be better for our state and especially our students to have 2 or 3 classes.  I think we would miss having 1 state champ but, I believe giving these student athletes more opportunities is what we should shoot for.

Yes I am aware of that.

Not to many college coaches look at cadet and junior state champs unless they do well nationally. 

I was basically agreeing with you.  I think Hart has a couple of good points and those that get bent out of shape due to a lack of a single "true" champion don't pay attention to the ISWA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.