Most dominatimg performance at state

I know Howe tech falled everyone a couple of years ago, but what are some other dominationg performances. They can be for a year or career, one that stands out to mewas the individual who pinned all of his opponents in three years at state. I can't remember his name, but I am sure ancient elder could shed some light on his name. I would love for some of the older gentlemen on here to shed some light on some of the finals memories from the 80's and prior. These kids could learn a lot about the history of our sport in Indiana from you gentlemen. Thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was he from, thats impressive for sure. I wish there was somewhere we could get information from past state, and I am aware of the information available on coaches board but it only goes back so far. When I wrestled in the early 90's I recieved a book that had the entire history of the state tournament and after loaning it out to numerous people at work I no longer have it, would be nice if anyone knew if these book was still published and where could I find it.

D.J. Radnovich pinned all 4 of his opponents back in '98, with 3 being in the 1st period, according to IHSAA.org.

He was a beast of a man for sure.

Gibson Southern.  He also had a 4 second pin that year as well.  Just grabbed the guy off the whistle like a rag doll and set him down on his back.

D.J. Radnovich pinned all 4 of his opponents back in '98, with 3 being in the 1st period, according to IHSAA.org.

Biggest MFer I have seen in person in a long time.  Solid 215 with about 3% bodyfat.  The guy was a monster.

Wasn't his finals match a back and forth match.

No ! He stuck his guy in the 3rd period if you are referring to Brooks !

I know that he pinned him but wasn't it a Back and forth match. The match Was against Jon McClain from western Boone.

In all honesty I couldn't tell you and I won't argue cause you could be right ! Its been a while ago and I remember he seemed pretty dominate ! It seemed once he slammed you and had you ! You were pretty well done ! I believe it was the same move he used on McClain ! But if I remember he pinned all 4 opponents with the same move !

I remember seeing Radnovich in 98 and he was a beast hands down.  I remember hearing at that time that during the season he pinned everyone he faced except for an injury default and possibly one tech.  I am not for certain, but someone else on site could correct me if i'm wrong.

Jermaine Brooks also didn't destroy Brian Funk of Cathedral at 160 in 1991 in the quarters. I believe it was just a decision.

I said I didn't know for sure. Like I said I could be wrong. He seemed dominate, but at the same token it was back in 1991 and my memory isn't the greatest. I was trying to throw a name that isn't obvious (Ellis,Howe,etc.). 

Wasn't his finals match a back and forth match.

No ! He stuck his guy in the 3rd period if you are referring to Brooks !

I know that he pinned him but wasn't it a Back and forth match. The match Was against Jon McClain from western Boone.

bruce_willis_01.gif

This guy?!

Lol ! That's good ! ;D

Yeah RankingsGuy you have an argument, but Talamantes was already a champ not Radnovich.  I don't see why a state champ would be duckin anybody.  I would like to know if earlier in their careers they wrestled.  If Radnovich wrestled 215 his junior year he would've lost.  Anton was undefeated his junior and senior year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.