Lake County Tournament 1/10

ontherise219

119- The match between Lamb and Petrov will be interesting.  Lamb looked great during the Al Smith.  If he wrestles this way the rest of the year he will be a state qualifier.  

125-Brady will not know what to do not looking at a Petrov in the finals of this meet.  It will be new for him.  This is another kid that can never be over looked at tournament time.

160- Monix vs Estrada=  Monix beats him at conference, puts a clinic on aganist Brooks at Semi-state and Estrada beats him to go to state.  This will be a very explosive match.  Has Estrada been at this weight class all year????

215-  This is a joke.  If you do not seed Cleveland at 1st; he can not be any lower than 2nd with the Gary wrestler at 3rd.  I understand the young man won this weight class last year and was a SSQ, but Cleveland was SSQ and is ranked 2nd in the state at this weight.  The Gray wrestler has a 5-0 record.  As I stated before ,the common sense of wrestling coaches has to be questioned some time.  

Last year at Semi-State, Monix beat Andy Keener in the first round at Semi-State, not Brooks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what the criteria is.  I have a very good understanding of how all of this works.  I do not need to have them explained to me.  I just do not agree with them! 

Sorry for the mistake on who Monix beat in SS last year.  It was an honest mistake.  I do think that the 160 weight class final will be one of the best of the day.  Kurt is a heck of a wrestler and looks to be very focused.

matman,

the seeding at 215 has nothing to do with the common sense of the coaches as you put it. the criteria for seeding is returning champ at same weight class which explains Woods' #1 seed. I agree that the seeding there is questionable but either way Cleveland would be wrestling Woods in the finals so it all works out.

Exactly...Not a huge deal...The only negative of it is that Woods and the LC kid wont get to wrestle to see who is the the real runner-up (considering Cleveland beats both of them)

Excited to see if little Ayersman is really the animal everybody is hyping him to be...As of now, im sticking with my pick of the munster kid...If Ayersman puts on a clinic like the rat says hes gonna, I might just have to jump on the wagon as well  :)

My Picks

103 Kyle Ayersman LC over Aurlio Medina Munster

112 Bryan Smith Lc over Danny Rodriguez High

119 John Petrov HC over Jake Lamb Low

125 Sam Camacho Hob over Cameryn Brady Low

130 Frankie Porras Hob over Mike Clark Cal

135 Dillon Falls over everyone 2. Justin Slosser Munster

140 Victor Rodriguez EC Central over Jack Hammons LS

145 Chris Almarez High over MAtt Beck Grif

152 Alex Surma Mun over Jack France Hob

160 Aaron Estrada Mun over Rob Keough LC

171 Deron Johnson Low over Kevin Hollaran Hob (Wide Open weight Class)

189 Nathan Fowler Cal over Chris Bartley Grif

215 Nathan Cleveland Low over Chris Woods Gary West side

Hwt Cody anderson High overAnthony Willis Lew Wallace

1. Lake Central

2. Munster

On the rise,

Picking 2 out of the 3 undefeated lowell boys to lose  :)  Should be 2 good matches there..

Since Estrada and Keough are the 2 and 3 seed, they will probablly wrestle in the semi's..It would be nice to see the Monix/Estrada rematch..

As far as Cleveland being ranked second in the state, the only rankings that count are the ones they give out at Conseco. I would agree that he is an overwhelming favorite in this weight and after seeing what a hard time the kid from Hanover gave Woods last night, I wouldn't be surprised if Woods and Cleveland don't wrestle in the finals. Here is a scenario, as a coach you do not have to seed a wrestler. So, if you happen to have a kid you think should be seeded higher than you believe and you are sure he will win , why not choose to not seed him and draw him out of the hat and throw a monkey wrench into the whole seeding process at that weight. Just think if you threw Cleveland into the hat unseeded and he ended up drawing a seeded wrestler whose team is in the running for the team title in the first round. Could have quite an affect on the out come. Just a  late night lol. Anyway, hope the snow stays away and the finals are way earlier than 7 pm too. Good luck to all.

The tournament will be held at Clark High School. All the Lake County schools will be competing except for powerhouses Crown Point and Merrillville, Montalbano said.

According to Hammond Morton's coach, they will NOT be participating either.

On the rise,

Picking 2 out of the 3 undefeated lowell boys to lose  :)  Should be 2 good matches there..

Since Estrada and Keough are the 2 and 3 seed, they will probablly wrestle in the semi's..It would be nice to see the Monix/Estrada rematch..

That is no disrespect to Lowell I still think Estrada will beat Monix and Petrov will beat Lamb. I think but they could win I didn't have Lamb winning the Al Smith and he proved me wrong. But I'm pretty Sure every Al Smith Champ who has wrestled County has won except Cosgrove who lost to McGill there.

That is no disrespect to Lowell I still think Estrada will beat Monix and Petrov will beat Lamb. I think but they could win I didn't have Lamb winning the Al Smith and he proved me wrong. But I'm pretty Sure every Al Smith Champ who has wrestled County has won except Cosgrove who lost to McGill there.

Im with ya on those picks....Should be a good day of wrasslin

Kudos to Clark on running a great tournament once again.

Sure it was a long day of wrestling, ( I'll try not to be to sentimental here) this being my sons last county tournament, it was well worth the time spent. Man did 4 years go by fast.

Paul, You have some great ideas on helping run the  tournament, with your help I'm sure it will even be better.

Congrats to Kyle Ayersman on being the outstanding wrestler.

Mike Adams

It seemed as if bad sportsmanship was a theme on more than one occasion in the finals. Another instance was Johnny Dillon who for some reason seemed like he wanted to throw his headgear after winning by TF over his opponent from Munster, never seen that happen before.

P.s. when did it become cool to wear a backpack during introductions?

It seemed as if bad sportsmanship was a theme on more than one occasion in the finals. Another instance was Johnny Dillon who for some reason seemed like he wanted to throw his headgear after winning by TF over his opponent from Munster, never seen that happen before.

When cashe and harper started doing it

When cashe and harper started doing it

I'm going to say when Alex did it.

I don't know why he did that ethier. His team was far ahead in the team score. No disrespect to the Munster kid but he was over matched but he scrapped. Dillon is on another level. He shouldn't have been so upset with a tech fall

TorchedChair i agree. The munster kid was on his back the whole match and worked hard not to get pinned. No reason for Dillon to make a big deal. Monix looked tough, wish Estrada was there to challenge him. Dillon and Porras wrestled well, but didnt have any competion as neither.  Petrov looked like he was on a mission. Cleveland didnt really impress me but we will see. Ayersman as well is on a mission. Still suprised he won the OW being a freshman and beating a freshman and sophomore to win the tourney.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.