Merrillville Semi-State Rankings 1/29

ontherise219

To answer the question of what class the Holmes kid from Illinois was in the answer is class  AA.  What difference does it make.  The Cubs play in the minor leagues and they have beaten the Sox, which is a major league team.

It was just a question...And yes it does make a difference...If he beat the kid ranked #1 in the larger division with schools like Sandburg, St. Rita, Providence, etc. it would be slightly more impressive than a smaller school division...So yes, it does make a difference....And im not catching your drift on your whole Cubs/Sox point, then again im not a baseball type of guy....The Cubs team that you are reffering to that beat the sox is a MLB team, not a MiLB team.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Montini is a AA school. I think that they have been one of the top teams in the Illinois for quite some time. If Indiana had 3 classes and say someone beat # 1 Andrew Howe last year are you saying that it wouldn't be impressive because he was from a small school ?

I believe that Montini is a AA school. I think that they have been one of the top teams in the Illinois for quite some time. If Indiana had 3 classes and say someone beat # 1 Andrew Howe last year are you saying that it wouldn't be impressive because he was from a small school ?

I never said unimpressive Clive, only slightly more impressive  :)....Take last years football champs for example...Most ppl would consider beating the 4A champs Indy Cathedral or the big school champs Center Grove slightly more impressive than beating the 1A champs Indy Ritter...

Way off the merrilliville semi-state topic here lol

Booker T:  I was only joking when I said the Cubs are a minor league team, although the American League knocks the you know what out of the National League in inter-league play.  As far as Holmes being in AA, instead of AAA, how about Mater Dei, which is a small school, they seem to do ok against the bigger schools.  I'm sure this Holmes kid had beaten some AAA school kids this year. 

Just wanted to make a few comments on the rankings there are a few kids (from Delphi) that I think could make some noise you have Tanner lynde 140 freshman who is 30-6 with a conf and sectional championship and a very tough wrestler, also Bob Floyd 112 wrestled 125 at conf. and took 3rd with 1 tough loss wrestling 2 weight classes up and dominated at sectional. Then you have Wes Everrett HWT who is undefeated but not just that has won every match by fall n hasnt been out of the first period yet!!!! not saying he is a dark horse but seems to get overlooked. and Travis Yoakum 215 beat split with Crawford from CMA who is now out also he won conf. and sectional the kid is tough and wrestles with alot of heart which can be dangerous in the tournament just my 2 cents and I am a lil bias

I had Floyd Ranked at 112. but he lost to Coopinger. So I know he is right in the mix. Everett is right at 4 behind 3 guys who are also unbeaten who were at the semi state last season. Fitsgereld was 5th. Tanner lynde was ranked for  alittle bit in a pretty deep 140.

Thanks for that I am new on here so I was not aware of the past rankings and I knew Floyd lost to Coopinger didnt know that knocked him out but if I remember right that was a very close match!

We should all take a vote. Merrillville is uncomfortable for everyone. But the four team who bring the most wrestlers should get there own Pirates cove.

yeah why does hobart always get one of those box cove things, do they just get there early so they can sit in them?

Just wanted to make a few comments on the rankings there are a few kids (from Delphi) that I think could make some noise you have Tanner lynde 140 freshman who is 30-6 with a conf and sectional championship and a very tough wrestler, also Bob Floyd 112 wrestled 125 at conf. and took 3rd with 1 tough loss wrestling 2 weight classes up and dominated at sectional. Then you have Wes Everrett HWT who is undefeated but not just that has won every match by fall n hasnt been out of the first period yet!!!! not saying he is a dark horse but seems to get overlooked. and Travis Yoakum 215 beat split with Crawford from CMA who is now out also he won conf. and sectional the kid is tough and wrestles with alot of heart which can be dangerous in the tournament just my 2 cents and I am a lil bias

I wonder how it will effect Everrett not being out of the first period yet.  How is his gas tank? 

I wonder how it will effect Everrett not being out of the first period yet.  How is his gas tank? 

I have coached the kid since 5th grade he will be ok he is in great shape for a big guy!

I wrestled Everret when I was a senior and he was a freshman. This kid is a brute. One of the strongest kids I've ever wrestled, and he was only a freshman. With how shallow the heavyweight pool is this year (or at least its been that way with the couple of tournaments I've watched this year) Everret should be a bit of a stand-out. He's an example of the old breed of heavyweight, not just some fat kid you throw in a singlet because you don't want an automatic forfeit.

If you know anything about delphi wrestling it is that they dont gas hardly ever, but it is hard to tell with a heavyweight

I wrestled Everret when I was a senior and he was a freshman. This kid is a brute. One of the strongest kids I've ever wrestled, and he was only a freshman. With how shallow the heavyweight pool is this year (or at least its been that way with the couple of tournaments I've watched this year) Everret should be a bit of a stand-out. He's an example of the old breed of heavyweight, not just some fat kid you throw in a singlet because you don't want an automatic forfeit.

Did Everret wrestle against Benner from Benton Central in the conference championship match as a freshman?  If that was him, he gave Benner all he could handle.

I am familiar with Delphi and have known Coach Atwood for a long time going back to his North Newton coaching days.  You are right it is hard to tell with heavyweights sometimes, but it can be a different animal (both physically and mentally) getting into a close six minute match (or more) if you have not been there for the whole season.  I hope he makes a run at the top spot at Conseco in a few weeks along with all the other Hoosier Conference wrestlers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.