Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings *2/3*

Y2CJ41

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dough-Boy101

The reason Scott might not be ranked as high, MIGHT be because he is no good. Thats just common sense, the kid prolly might not make it out of Regional. So saying he's going to place at State is a RIDICULOUS comment.

The reason Scott might not be ranked as high, MIGHT be because he is no good. Thats just common sense, the kid prolly might not make it out of Regional. So saying he's going to place at State is a RIDICULOUS comment.

No good huh?

Lets see Scott has a career record of 82-16 as a junior with over 75 falls, is a 2-time semi-state qualifier (215 in 2007 and 189 in 2008), and dropped a 7-8 decision to Warner from Tipton who was a state qualifier at 215 the previous year. So I guess you are right, Scott is absolutely horrible.

Now whether Scott places in state is yet to be seen, but there are a lot of kids in state who would kill to have his credentials, probably including you doughboy. No matter how well Darryn does in the tournament series (which I think he will do well), he will give his all and our coaches will be proud of him nonetheless.

152 in the Oak Hill Sectional will be interesting. 3 guys with two losses or less and 3 returning semi-state qualifiers.

Jackson Bratcher 10-1, losing to Pogue

Dustin McGuinn 15-1, losing to Rutledge (Tipton)

Chandler Pogue 15-2, losing to Young (Culver MA) and Minix (Winamac)

Is Logan Dillon from Norwell wrestling this year?  I have not seen him in any Norwell results and he isn't seeded for the ECIC.  I would suggest you consider Grant Melcher from Bellmont.  He is 9-2 on the season.  Maybe worth a top 8.  Also, Andrew Bultemeier is 10-0 at 189.  AC has Matt Kaehr who is 7-0 at 140.  Unfortunately, these two teams did not wrestle tonight due to the weather.

Worden wasn't a state qualifier, he got beat in the ticket round last year.

Chandler Pogue beat Jackson Bratcher tonight 5-3.

Didn't say he was a SQ last year. He was a state qualifer year before last.

worden didnt qualify for state the year before last either.

I'm pretty sure he did, but I will check into it.

If he didn't, has he and Scott ever wrestled? If so, what happened?

Yes, Worden and Scott have wrestled twice. The first time Worden won 6-5, the 2nd time Worden won 4-3. Worden won fair and square but both matches came down to the closing seconds and couldv'e gone either way.

For what its worth, Scott beat Williams from Homestead and Yoder from Maconaquah last year who both beat Worden.

In Marion's next two tournaments Scott will wrestle Abbott (Huntington North), Kaufman (Renselaer Central), Garrity (Hamilton Heights), Green (Kokomo), and Worden (Peru). Should be interesting.

at 145 dewitt and taylor beat duke at the marion invite with dewitt losing by one to the eastbrook kid in the championship. just some help for that weight class rankings.

Holloway is supposedly going 135. At least that is what thier assitant coach said.

There is no way Holloway can healthily make 135.

at 145 dewitt and taylor beat duke at the marion invite with dewitt losing by one to the eastbrook kid in the championship. just some help for that weight class rankings.

Holloway is supposedly going 135. At least that is what thier assitant coach said.

There is no way Holloway can healthily make 135.

I'm just telling you what the coach said. I think he should stay at 145, unless Hovermale can't make 140 anymore. He probably can't beat Barrett at 140, so he has to go up or down.

I heard today that Mr. Dillon is not wrestling this year.  I will be updated the rankings in the next couple days.  I will have some free time from wrestling so I'll be doing some mass updating.

He wrestled against us at Huntington. We had a 6 way dual, but he only wrestled twice. He does have curley blonde hair, and at 171?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.