1st round at Regionals - somebody goes home match

Indysportsfan

On the other side of the spectrum, there is one 1st round matchup between wrestlers with losing records.

Bloomington South Regional 132 lbs.

Ethan Hensley (Bloomington South) 9-10 vs. Mitch Kaiser (Jasper) 11-12 

The most combined losses in a 1st round matchup is 37.

Peru Regional 195 lbs.

Braxton Erb (Western) 16-24 vs. Justin Samons (Wabash) 23-13

Who will be the Cinderella story and have the most losses and advance to semi-state?

Edited by RegionRoyalty

Some that stuck out to me in the Castle Regional.

Logan Sutton B 39-5 vs Kameron Kendall NP 32-6.....two pretty solid records, but I think Kendall easily takes this one.

Nathan Willman NP 34-4 vs Brook Hartz CA 27-8...Willman is a tough freshman, but I believe one of his 4 losses is to Hartz?

Matt Kincaid CA 16-7 vs Luke Dunn PR 27-10...Dunn is a returning SSQ, Kincaid is in a tough Castle lineup so never count him out.

Nolan Durcholz EM 25-15 vs Josh Wiggins NP 28-11...What a great opportunity for two 10+ loss seniors looking to punch a ticket to Semi-State.

Colton O'Neal PC 35-5 vs Jacob Farmer CA 31-6...my pick for best first round match. The upsets at the Central Sectional are going to send a State level caliber kid home early.

Will Rolley CA 27-8 vs Cam Maier MV 27-10...two hard nosed kids, should be another good one.

Jacob Sulawske EM 32-7 vs Payton Halbig PR 32-6...Halbig is a returning SSQ, but Sulawske is having a great season.

Some that stuck out to me in the Castle Regional.

Logan Sutton B 39-5 vs Kameron Kendall NP 32-6.....two pretty solid records, but I think Kendall easily takes this one.

Nathan Willman NP 34-4 vs Brook Hartz CA 27-8...Willman is a tough freshman, but I believe one of his 4 losses is to Hartz?

Matt Kincaid CA 16-7 vs Luke Dunn PR 27-10...Dunn is a returning SSQ, Kincaid is in a tough Castle lineup so never count him out.

Nolan Durcholz EM 25-15 vs Josh Wiggins NP 28-11...What a great opportunity for two 10+ loss seniors looking to punch a ticket to Semi-State.

Colton O'Neal PC 35-5 vs Jacob Farmer CA 31-6...my pick for best first round match. The upsets at the Central Sectional are going to send a State level caliber kid home early.

Will Rolley CA 27-8 vs Cam Maier MV 27-10...two hard nosed kids, should be another good one.

Jacob Sulawske EM 32-7 vs Payton Halbig PR 32-6...Halbig is a returning SSQ, but Sulawske is having a great season.

Does any of the matches include 2 state ranked kids?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.